It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA's first death from vampire bat bite

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees
reply to post by Heartisblack

I'm 33 and sometimes I can't watch old TV shows or play music from the 90's because they remind me of a World that's been completely lost. These are really strange, turbulent times and I have the feeling every day is a step away (one-way) from that good old times.

But let's not lose hope, let's adapt, move and be well!! So, Heart, of course, GOOD LUCK!!!

Amen, anything would be better then this. I don't know anything anymore it's like I don't have control over my own thoughts. If I was possessed it wouldn't surprise me, I'm lost.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Oh, hey. Go to a book-store, get some books (narrative, science) and evade through that. There's no bigger intimacy than reading, it can lift souls, it can glue shattered souls back. Look for a nice sunny-sombre spot and let it go. I dont know where you are but Im sending you force and a hug overseas

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by JROCK2527

Of course, the only thing unique here is the species of bat involved. In the United States, bats are responsible for the overwhelming majority of rabies infections in humans; 17 of the 19 known cases between 1997 and 2006 according to the CDC.

So trying to turn this into a border thing is rather ridiculous.

This has nothing to do with the border thank you very much. all i did was mention he got the bite before coming over. dont try to read something into it that isnt there. this just shows that you didnt read the link because it is mentioned in there that he was bit in mexico before coming here so agian stop trying to make a big deal out of a couple of words. thank you and have a nice day!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
well the person didnt die yet. He is going to die on the 21st of august. Thats when the report comes in lol, so many errors in this story, its just friggen insane. or am i the only one who read the op link
edit on 12-8-2011 by Le Colonel because: (no reason given)

haha good catch there I read through it twice before posting and it didnt click at the time that those days arent here yet lol, good lookin out

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

How did the bats get white-nose and have they found a cure for it yet?

There are more than bats in those caves. Cave spiders, bats, bears, fox, snakes, just to mention a few.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

According to the report, rabies is now contagious - never used to be. Our world is changing fast.

Every person who had been in contact with him had to be found and notified. Some who had shared drinking vessels with him, for example, could have caught the disease.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

hmmm, Rabies contagious now? Sounds like someone has been tampering with a new strain maybe?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

hmmm, Rabies contagious now? Sounds like someone has been tampering with a new strain maybe?

It's called adaptation and evolution - and it's an entirely predictable consequence to 'modern industry' - including agricultural industries and industrialized animal husbandry practices, the chemical industry, and of course, Big Pharma, nanotech and GM.

...No doubt there's at least one weaponized version of rabies, and yeah, it probably got out. But it didn't need to escape.

We have changed our world. It's responding, changing - and so are we btw.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It was last year, 2010 that he contracted rabies from the bite, and they said it killed him quickly. But, correct, the article was not written clearly. And remember this man was from Mexico and was bitten in Mexico, he just happened to come over here and die. But the fact that these bats with this strain of rabies coming further north is not comforting.

I for one would not want to stay on a cave with them as it is said you normally don't feel bat bites.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

seems that way but it culd be they are just being cautious, who knows, the article was horribly written tho

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I seen the article and similar in a few places and noticed it happened last year. News now?
BTW rabies is spread by not only bites(saliva mixed in, blood) but saliva as well-via skin abrasion, mucus membrane, etc. That is not a new thing or new threat.
edit on 12-8-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

i posted this right after i found it on the msn news homepage and hadnt heard of it before so i thought it was new, their things usually are, timeslip perhaps???? lol

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by mustangill

It's called adaptation and evolution - and it's an entirely predictable consequence to 'modern industry' - including agricultural industries and industrialized animal husbandry practices, the chemical industry, and of course, Big Pharma, nanotech and GM.

...No doubt there's at least one weaponized version of rabies, and yeah, it probably got out. But it didn't need to escape.

We have changed our world. It's responding, changing - and so are we btw.

Yes, by becoming severely obese, growing extra fingers, nipples on feet, becoming double jointed due to sockets being too big for what goes into them, lack of space for wisdom teeth, sensitivity to Gluten, et. al. I'd really like to see one human change be nice.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

This obscuring exactly when it happened and writing an article as if it was fresh news happens on a daily basis. It would be fun to have a thread about out-of-date news that crops up again as something new happening.
edit on 14-8-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: Can't spell for crap.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
he's not dead, he's just gone into a deep slumber until the time arises for the vampires to come out and make themselves known

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

You need to take a larger, longer view hon. And have a little faith.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
1. Wait, on which one?

2. I'd hate to confuse Evolution with a faith-based process. *drily*

3. If the whole process of Evolution means that we suffer debilitating genetic diseases in order for a better mutated future, I'd rather stop the whole process, and put some intelligence behind it.

4. It's not like I really belive in it, anyway.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I'd rather stop the whole process, and put some intelligence behind it.

Me too but it's too late to go back.

If we stop the process now, we might be able to prevent irretrievable fubar, in this case extinction. ...The cool thing about epigenetic effects is that the bad stuff reverts back to good after about 7 generations. ...Makes ya think the guys who wrote the Bible maybe knew what they were talking about.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Oh, about the sins being visited on the descendants? That would make some sense, in that direction. (Considering that Job talks about deep sea freshwater springs and the next time it pops up in literature is around the time someone found the one off the coast of Cuba...and that's not the only bizzarre thing from that book.)

I pulled up some basic genetic education information online (credible site?, can't remember which now), that mentioned human genetics bounce back better than other species. I glanced at it, marked it down on hubby's computer to read later, and haven't seen the blasted thing in about 2 months to know what the heck it started droning on about anyway (or even what specific search triggered that page), so there's a lot of odd information that can drive the way we think about certain subjects.

I know from personally looking at some specific information that cats and foxes both have huge genetic issues not often seen in the human population, that continually pop up like crazy.

But as to white noses on bats:

I thought that was a fungus killing the bat population.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

that would be interesting

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join