It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA's first death from vampire bat bite

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

USA's first death from vampire bat bite

www.msnbc.msn.com

On July 29, 2010, a young Mexican migrant showed up to work at a Louisiana sugar cane plantation. He worked one day and then complained of fatigue, shoulder pain and numbness. By August 3 he’d been sent to a New Orleans hospital.

When he developed a fever and an elevated white blood cell count, doctors thought he might have encephalitis, or maybe meningitis. He didn’t. Doctors tested for HIV, syphilis, herpes, arboviruses, Lyme disease, autoimmune neuropathies and all came back negative.

Meanwhile, the 19-year-old was deteriorating. When he had trouble breathing, doctors placed a t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
According to this article on msnbc the united states has had its first recorded deat due to a vampire bat bite. turns out he recieved the bite in mexico before crossing into the border. I wander how many other diseases make it into the united states undetected??

this happend a few weeks ago but has just been reported now.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Very odd as couple of bat threads hav ebeen talking about Bats and their aims recently on ATS , mainly concerning Australia and an attack on a woman there by a violent bat.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
You still want to sit in a cave, doom people ?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
You still want to sit in a cave, doom people ?

Yeppers...I will take one without bats please...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

How does that relate to the OP?

OP, After burial, did they stake him through the heart to ensure he doesn't come back?

Did they bury him with cloves of garlic?

A cross?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

OP, After burial, did they stake him through the heart to ensure he doesn't come back?

A cross?

Vampires have nothing to do with it, you believe you're Edward Cullen too ? Shaking my head over here. Remember why the US didn't want people in certain cave areas, it was because of something called White Nose and it effected the bats ? A bat bit somebody and they died, what the hell does that tell you ?

There is something wrong with the damned bats and your arse shouldn't be in a cave to get bit.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The way you guys talked made everybody think their was nothing wrong with the bats.
If you want to go into a cave full of them, not my problem

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

A cross?

Your post reminds me of the old question. "If a plane crashes on the boarder of Mexico and the United States, which country do you bury the survivors?" Answer, neither you don bury survivors.

If they were going to stake him in the heart, I am positive they would do it before burial not after.

It does make one wonder why this doesn't happen more often. Not just with vamp bats, but a wide variety of things and not just on that boarder, but world wide with all the travel of today.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Haha, my comment was tongue in cheek.

As for the link between people hiding in caves and a virus the bats have....well, if it comes down to it, I'd rather share a cave with a bat if it meant survival....

In the case of a disaster, especially like a tsunami and flooding, do you realise what happens to sewer water? It comes out and infects the flood waters. Enjoy wading around in that...while I munch on my roasted bird and a couple of rock fried birds eggs.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Haha, my comment was tongue in cheek.

As for the link between people hiding in caves and a virus the bats have....well, if it comes down to it, I'd rather share a cave with a bat if it meant survival....

In the case of a disaster, especially like a tsunami and flooding, do you realise what happens to sewer water? It comes out and infects the flood waters. Enjoy wading around in that...while I munch on my roasted bird and a couple of rock fried birds eggs.

Like that water can't come in the cave.

You act like that bat still can't bite your ass.
I'll go sit in a cave but with our bad luck, we get bit after dark.
We die slow and painfully later

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Please, not raibees. We've not had that in our pets for quite a while. ~LA

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
well the person didnt die yet. He is going to die on the 21st of august. Thats when the report comes in lol, so many errors in this story, its just friggen insane. or am i the only one who read the op link
edit on 12-8-2011 by Le Colonel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
well the person didnt die yet. He is going to die on the 21st of august. Thats when the report comes in lol, so many errors in this story, its just friggen insane. or am i the only one who read the op link
edit on 12-8-2011 by Le Colonel because: (no reason given)

I read it, he's still sick though that's not a perk. Still doesn't make me want to go into a cave

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
at this weirdness accelerating rate our World seems to have set course in, next summer we'll have brain-eater zombies running the streets.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

at this weirdness accelerating rate our World seems to have set course in, next summer we'll have brain-eater zombies running the streets.

Amen, I don't know what to expect anymore. Everyday I wake up to more chaos, or it's just the fact that we're just noticing this crap. I don't know about you but I haven't been in the game that long, this isn't the world I wanted. I'll either go disassociate from it completely. Wish me luck

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Oh my god. burn that corpse asap..don't they know that's how zombie apocalypses begin!!
We only have a few more hours...hurry!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Of course, the only thing unique here is the species of bat involved. In the United States, bats are responsible for the overwhelming majority of rabies infections in humans; 17 of the 19 known cases between 1997 and 2006 according to the CDC.

So trying to turn this into a border thing is rather ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I'm 33 and sometimes I can't watch old TV shows or play music from the 90's because they remind me of a World that's been completely lost. These are really strange, turbulent times and I have the feeling every day is a step away (one-way) from that good old times.

But let's not lose hope, let's adapt, move and be well!! So, Heart, of course, GOOD LUCK!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join