It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should National Service Be Re-introduced In Britain?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Excellent idea, more lambs to the slaughter, wow what a good idea. If you think of how many youngsters there are in britain today, you will see the factions that were out looting are in no way representitive of the average teenager in the uk, some of us do teach our children manners and standards, and also we know where they are and what they are doing if they are not at home.

I think you have been swayed by the media campaign over the years of these hooded youths being everywhere, it is utter bs, i was walking the dog in the park today and i actually had a decent exchange with a lad around 13 with dare i say it a hoodie, he seemed very polite and in all fairness the majority of youngsters nowadays are the same, there will always be a number of individuals that will resort to this stuff because of oppurtunity, but treating all youngsters the same and putting them into national service, just to me says that you have fallen for the media and government trap of violent youths, i am sur ethere are some out there though, just not as many as you think.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yes lots of hoodies would join because they all go around pretending to hold a gun anyway, give them something useful to do like stop Islamic terrorists and Sharia Law coming to Britain rather than covering up their faces like Muslim women.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

Your quote* I think you have been swayed by the media campaign over the years of

these hooded youth's being every where.

Well from where i was sitting infront of the TV they WERE EVERY WHERE and behaving

with mindless violence and endangering innocent lives indeed i think the death count is now

four, two hospitalised with injuries and many cars and buildings burnt out including one

beautiful building from 1800 which had managed to survive two world wars! And the arson

comitted on peoples homes it's a miracle there was no one burnt to death.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I think maybe the bootcamp type of thing is the way to go. The youth of today need to learn discipline and responsibility, also that every action has a consequence.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't think it's a good idea.I've met a few people who went in the army decent people,one came out a thug the other a nut.they both served in the highlanders in the early to mid nineties.Both must have cost the taxpayer near a million quid by now,between ,jail,benefits,medical treatment and both get top level disabbility living allowance.Neither saw war like there peers ten years later,both came from military families and were keen to join up.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

no fellow I made the god awful choice of voting for the condems take your pick as to which one of the two but I know this I will be voting ukip next time labour doesn't even get a look in and it goes so much deeper than the points you made and also I had two very loving parents that taught me right from wrong note two loving parents
I am pleased to hear you wouldn't let your children be used by this country either because that is all they do use and abuse it's citizens this country is only interested in taxing us to death

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

sure of don't get me going on that one because the letters are not big enough I know full well what is behind it all and you make some very arrogant assertions in your remarks you niether know me or how aware and awake I am and as for labour arghh letters not big enough again I may not bother with correct punctuation and all that snobbery but let me tell you this my dear I am far more educated than I put across I am from a generation where critical thinking was a must unlike most on here that pretend to be awakened and display gross ignorance when it comes to topics they are unfamilar with no insult to any one in particular but there seem's to be a lot of judgemental individuals that frequent this site that seem to think they know best and only there answer is right much like your reply pah why am I even bothering

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

oh yes it is the country the whole god damn lot are like mindless sheep to distracted by soaps and football to see what is really going on do not dare to question what you obviously cannot see

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I can't remember what I wrote but I got an off topic banner in my last post, sorry Mods too much wise cracking should have known better.

I don't know really, kind of feels that society here in Britain which is relatively nice to live in has been turned into a ghetto for only the next generation to start putting up laws that don't suit the average innocent minded individual.

Gang culture mentality makes even the more pure of heart become caught up in its evil message and what do people want? The death penalty for minor offences?
edit on 12-8-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
given that a lot of youth are devoid of work skills and social skills, would it be too much of a pain for the
gubbermint to create a mentor program for opportunities here and overseas? i am sure there would be kids out there falling over themselves to sign up to an overseas assistance program.plenty of areas on the planet in need of some tlc right now. the skills they could acquire would serve them far better than the alternative. on the home front, i feel with the problems in the care industry as one example, kids who are willing to assist in their communities by helping the elderly could learn respect if lacking in it.
whatever the issue, the kids are the future.
it is sad to say but i gave opportunities to a few in the shape of work/apprentiship/training. i was repaid by one character stealing from a property i was working at. the other pleaded for an advance on his wages stating he needed to buy nappies for his child only for me to see him stumble out of a pub later in the evening.
this is truly a difficult situation.
f

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Very true - I got a clip round the ear of my Mum once for knocking my sister over - and was always scared of doing anything untoward for fear of either that, or being grounded, losing pocket money.
Teachers as well - give them back authority, backed up by parents, not parents going in and backing their #ty little kids up all the time, often assaulting teachers when it is their kids who have done wrong.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There are a lot of kids who do not even originate from the UK, some come from broken homes and countries sme say they don't fit in or society is not open to them.

Some kids are taught that democracy is an evil and they should challenge the system of the infidels.

Kids are now born from teenage broken families of the unwanted generation, how are they going to behave.

Then the marriages that break down and kids feel abandoned in single parent families and they don't have a mentor which supports them or they feel life is less worthy.

They say that English people don't get the jobs only the foreigners do.

Then the youth say they don't have jobs but at 16 it is not going to happen overnight.

Schools and colleges say it is better to go to university, which is not necessarily true, learn a trade and get paid.

Students with degrees say they cannot find a job and it is too expensive to pay back or to think about getting a masters or PHD. Some just get to foundation or HND level.

I think the whole thing is designed so the nation becomes a nation of Arabia where you will demand public executions and you will think it is the right thing to do,
put big pictures on billboards and papers just for starters

It did not have to go this far one day they will say as a nation one day, but you let it happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

National Service: Yes ! Both sexes, too. Should come as a shock to the sort of people who have been taking part in the recent u.k. riots..

Wait, though... As long as they are'nt made to do anything that infringes their " human rights " ( God forbid...)

And as long as they are'nt killed or injured ( Where there's blame, there's a claim.) And as long as the Drill Sergeant asks them nicely to carry out a particular request ( No intimidating bawling, thank you.)

Not much to ask, really...?

p.s. I do realise that the rioters are only a minority, and that there are some well brought up teenagers out there too, who are a credit to their parents.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It appears that most of the ATS community who added their views here are in favour of National Service for the youth of Britain.

Radical times require radical solutions, and todays Britain is certainly a radical place.
Cohesion is needed to avoid the disintegration of multi cultural Britain.

Nationl service would be the common glue for all youth of different cultures to bond with.

It would unite the multicultured youth , much as some Gangs do, but instead their gang would be the British Army.

Some people just fail to realise millions of youth have been slowly programmed by Rap gangster music, by violent moronic Hollywood movies, that seem hell bent on modifying Western culture for the benefit of a future takeover.

To survive we need our youth to be redeemed, those gang members are growing in Britain, and sadly many are ethnic based ( including Anglo) bangladesh gangs are warring with African Gangs for example.

What future is there for these kids?

The factories in the uK have been outsourced to China....many IT jobs have gone to India.

So three years becoming better stronger souls, and learning how to interact with your fellow soldiers from different backgrounds and ethnicity would promote peace in Britain.

It may not be a perfect solution, but it is much better than sitting back waiting for the next riot?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
National Service is a slave concept. I don't want the government telling me I have to join their military for being born.

Any friend/family member that came back from being in the military turned weird. So, yeah I don't want the government brainwashing me and turning me crazy for their perversion.
edit on 8/12/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

So School is slavery too?
Or is it simply a means to becoming a better informed and thinking human being?

Certain things in life have to be undertaken , there is no frontier to escape to, we are stuck with each other, and National Service may just be many lost Youths saviour.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I don't agree with truancy laws. It should be up to the parents not the state to arrest the kid if it doesn't attend school. It is none of the governments business.

I missed 15 days when I was in school one year over sickness. They sent a letter to my house saying if I miss anymore days I would have to show up in court. I was appalled.

And comparing the military to school is comparing oranges and apples. All the military people I know came back a totally different person with various mental illnesses.

Forcing anyone of any age to join or do something is tyrannical.

Hitler Jugen was a bad idea bro

edit on 8/12/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Just generalise and blame it on all youth.. I might as well generalise and be racist then and blame it on coloured people since, that is mainly what media photos showed.
Just to be clear am no racist and I don't blame it on immigrants.

And no, it would not be a good idea to force people into army.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

National Service does not mean automatic engaging in a ction.
It is an environment that gives the opportunity for all youth to overcome fear and negative emotions.
You can leave after threee years, and forget abiut what you have learned if you wish, or you can use and implement the skills learned into your adult life.
Where are the unemployed kids going to go?
They sadly are going to get more and more frustrated and riot and/or join bad gangs.

In Israel they have it. and their young men do not riot on mass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join