It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Wants Surplus Stores To Spy on Customers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Isn`t this just pretty much the same type flyer I`ve heard of Wal-Mart doing as well. Just don`t look suspicious and bring up Religion and things should go ok I would think.

It still seems pretty much up to the store from reading the Flyer.
Other then that what is the big deal? Didn`t you already have to show ID to purchase a weapon. Isn`t the wait period enforced in these type stores?

Those Flyers would be rather nice targets on the Range though. Surplus should start selling them.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

nh_ee i got such a lol while reading your post. because it occurred to me while reading that it's as if the people running surplus stores are supposed to be on the alert for cartoon characters patronizing their place of business. a demented Elmer Fudd comes to mind, his loyalties being swayed by exposure to an extremist group.

Elmer is mad as hell and he's not gonna take it anymore, ranting and raving to himself loudly as he pulls huge amounts of inventory from the shelves with a damaged hand, tucking some things under a bandaged arm. odd brightly colored paint gun marker splotches soil his green hunting garb.

Elmer reeks a strange aroma (spending too much time in a meth lab) that offends the front clerk as he approaches: "ahh, excuse me sir. and where may i find a dozen copies of Anarchy for Dummies?"

--- call me kookie, but if i were a law professional i'd rather spend my time finding out where street hoodlums are getting never-ending access to illegal firearms than casting suspicious glances at scout troop leaders stocking in for the summer jamboree.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well since every scrap of surplus goes to the DRMO and those guys bust their tails to try to re-issue it until there are no takers and it then goes to auction and is purchased by surplus stores and junk dealers.......

By default it came FROM terrorists. The original owners.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Nice little vape mod you got there.

Wonder when scrap electronics parts are going to be outlawed.....

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thats why you gotta buy your guns from cheaperthandirt!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
places like CTD have their mailings and shipping lists check on a regular basis....any legit business,that requires a federal license to operate(ammo,guns)will allow records to be frisked...that or sell used canteen overs....buy small in many places and pay cash...and dont order...
edit on 8/12/2011 by Homedawg because: dawgsbaine

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Good call on the locale.I too find it a tad suspicious that the Denver Freakin Bunch of Idiots hace some up with thisofenseively transparent spy plan.
Not only is it based on dumb logic, but it is also illegal from a constitutional standpoint.
Why does the Law always act like they are above the same laws?
Something wrong with the basic training of cops there.......

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

NOT illegal...remember back in the 90's...the big home agriculture business',especialy in the Houston area,who also advertised in High Times magazine,had their records subpeonaed and almost a 100 home growers were raided and their "hydro-tomato" home business were put out of work and they went to jail....one who went drove there from out-of-state and paid cash...his tag was photographed and he was traced anyway....and the technology,and court ruling law,is 10 times better(or worse) now than it was then....if they decide they want to trace ortrack you,the only thing you can do is go to cover....and stay there

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
reply to post by stirling

NOT illegal...remember back in the 90's...the big home agriculture business',especialy in the Houston area,who also advertised in High Times magazine,had their records subpeonaed and almost a 100 home growers were raided and their "hydro-tomato" home business were put out of work and they went to jail....one who went drove there from out-of-state and paid cash...his tag was photographed and he was traced anyway....and the technology,and court ruling law,is 10 times better(or worse) now than it was then....if they decide they want to trace ortrack you,the only thing you can do is go to cover....and stay there

Homedawg i recall that whole bit, but the way i heard it was incorrect; what you share makes much more sense than what i had been told of a sting operation. i thought that was pretty means of those boys to go after folks like that.

a few years back so folks in my area were saving good $$$ buying smokes online from Indian owned companies, mostly in NY state. for convenience, some people would send in a bunch of friends/co-workers orders with theirs at the same time.

next thing we knew, Uncle Sam's IRS came sniffing around, demanding all sorts of tax monies be paid. there went those savings right out the window! and some folks who were being nice by ordering up for others got themselves stuck with big-arse tax bills to boot.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
These quasi-legal things go on for awhile,sometimes years,and people get caught up in it..your cigarettes is a good example,the hydrophonic growing systems selling all over is another....but they have no way of knowing that someone has taken an interest and is making notes....when they do make their move,its waaay too late...a buddy of mine had taken an interest in hydrophonics,the new up and coming thing....he had planned to drive to Houston to a place he saw advertised in a trade joournal...a few days befoew he left the story broke.....lesson learned,,,,thats why I cautioned against large purchases at places like CTD,whose records are sure to be checked.....

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't like the feeling of being watched and monitored all the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join