FBI Wants Surplus Stores To Spy on Customers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

oathkeepers.org

An FBI Denver Joint Terrorism Task Force handout being distributed to Colorado military surplus store owners lists the purchase of popular preparedness items and firearms accessories as “suspicious” and “potential indicators of terrorist activities..."

...The handout also instructs surplus store owners to consider as “suspicious” anyone who “demands identity ‘privacy’” or anyone who expresses “extreme religious statements”...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well this is lovely, not only do we have the FBI targeting survivalists and preppers, we also have some discrimination against religious folks thrown in for good measure.

As the article goes on to state:

"Islamist terrorists are not known to hang out in local Army-Navy surplus stores, stocking up on MRE’s, high capacity magazines and bi-pods for their long range rifles. As Brandon Smith, over at Alt-market.com notes, “These are very common purchases, not for terrorists, but for Preppers and Survivalists, who are obviously the targets of the FBI profile, not secret Al-Qaeda agents."

Indeed. I hope you all have your MREs and tripods and whatnot already. Next time you show up in a surplus store you might be asked to produce your papers, comrade...

oathkeepers.org

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It looks as if the FBI is telling the store owners that the customers will be required to have an ID data base on its customers. How is this in any way acceptable? The purchase of ammunition has always required ID (must be 18 years of age), but it has never required the store to track the individuals identification (name, DOB, SSN, etc...).
This seems to be a blatant disregard for our civil rights.

Direct link to this supposed flyer from the FBI: Flyer

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
next you'll have to show them your ID to buy gas and diesel, cuz its explosive

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I found a few interesting articles/blogs pertaining to the FBI Denver joint terrorism task force:

Sipsey Street Irregulars

ACLU of Colorado

The Denver Police Spy Files

It seems they have been up to no good for a while now, as many of the homeland security offices have been.
Looks like the witch hunts from the past.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

As Brandon Smith, over at Alt-market.com notes, “These are very common purchases, not for terrorists, but for Preppers and Survivalists, who are obviously the targets of the FBI profile, not secret Al-Qaeda agents
Exactly, regular Americans stocking up on weapons in case something big happens are being associated with "islamic terrorists". That's messed up.

It seems to me that this is really just the government trying to establish where people who have lots of weapons will be at when the SHTF so they can take them out quickly and eliminate the threat against their Martial Law, NWO, or whatever is coming.
edit on 12-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

oathkeepers.org

An FBI Denver Joint Terrorism Task Force handout being distributed to Colorado military surplus store owners lists the purchase of popular preparedness items and firearms accessories as “suspicious” and “potential indicators of terrorist activities..."

...The handout also instructs surplus store owners to consider as “suspicious” anyone who “demands identity ‘privacy’” or anyone who expresses “extreme religious statements”...

They must think i'm a terrorist, I live on Denver and I frequent surplus stores, they have great deals on ammo and knives, also great deals on just about anything else! FBI will be knocking on my door soon I guess,

this is getting ridiculous, I'm a huge outdoors man, their list is likely the same items of any typical outdoors man. so now if you like the wilderness.. your a terrorist?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Where are all the Constitutional Lawyers???

Your taxes are paying Billions of Dollars for 'security'
BUT
They want the citizens to do their job for Them???

The US Govt is a pathetic joke.
Russians, North Koreans, Iranians, etc must be falling off their chairs with laughter.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

independently owned non-chain stores handling odd lot turnover items do not have the easy to monitor point of purchase bar code capabilities.

this is my opinion only, not based on anything: years ago i noticed Wal-Mort department stores fade away from offering model kits, the type you paint and assemble. i figured sales were waning as younger peoples interest leaned toward more high tech past-times and entertainment. you don't stock what doesn't sell well.

but WM continued to carry key components used in model rocketry that were heavily exploited on TV programs as being a integral part used by those who made illegal explosive devices. these items were stocked in for years. while it makes sense that model rocket enthusiasts want and need to replace parts that are consumed in use or prone to wear, WM did not carry rocket model kits any longer. just a few key devices.

made me wonder if purchasing certain items, or combination of items from stores that use sophisticated point of purchase software for inventory re-order also served double duty for red flag purposes. it's probably just my over-active imagination but it does have potential.

an alphabet agency trying to enlist the aid of storekeepers who cater to a customer base composed of outdoors types, campers, survivalists and the awake & aware seems odd. i've never seen a surplus store the likes of the one portrayed by hollywood in the film 'falling down', where an excellent selection of goods is ready to outfit a small squadron of people with action on their mind.

in reality i think people who are buying dangerous or suspicious goodies are not buying them over the counter. and from what we read online, the no goodskis would probably be purchasing such things from people who work for uncle sam to begin with!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Its BS...some goober sitting in an office,trying to justify his salary generates these flyers and submits them,,,his bosses slap their foreheads and say why didnt we think of that and pat him on the head...good boy...ey everybody,look what timmy thought of.....hes got job security for anothe year....typical government job office politics...except the wheels take it seriously and people who buy MREs get slammed

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
-edit to erase post-
edit on 12-8-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So a civilian who tapes a police officer gets beaten half to death for trying to expose the truth, but that is frowned upon because police shouldn't be videotaped.....BUT THEY ARE ALLOWED TO DO IT TO US????

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Because the type of people who run these stores LOVE goverment control. Righhht.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Welcome to the USSA

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There is an easy solution to this. Just by local and from swap meets. People at swap meets could generally give a sh&t less who buys from them as long as they sell their items. Hate to say it but looks like I will be going back to getting my gear from gun shows again, because those guys hate privacy invasion as much as anyone.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Where is it that we lost our first 3 rights, I didn't order this... It seems to me that whether we vote on it or not, if there is a way to tighten the screws on the public "they" are going to try it. I frequent these stores myself in Ca. mostly for camping goods since these stores no longer sell firearms at all out here, Gun shows are still pretty decent for finding "non-legal Ca" weapons acc. large magazines, full auto uppers, flash suppression, hell you can even show up early and still find "company" men selling non-serialized weapons. however they want to go to the stores a mom and pop businesses and choke it of its customer base. Nice free enterprise indeed.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Why can I not ever be in a position where some alphabet agency tells me to spy on my customers.

I would tell them to stick it where the sun never shines. I think, I almost dare them too.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
All I gotta say to this is WOW! When does the revolution start? This is an outrage, just because I want my family, and I to be prepared in case of an emergency, what ever it may be. First they tell us to get prepared, and get us all hyped up on the "Lets get ready (train)" and then want to profile us for it. This is not going to deter me from buying what I want to buy at the good ol' surplus store. I'm an American dammit, and no one is going to take my freedom from me telling me what I can, and can't buy that is legally available to me already, and has been for the past how many years? Like really...........

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just some thoughts... Interesting Denver is the hub of activity. I wonder if TPTB are trying to identify and eliminate as much trouble as they can before they need to dig in at the underground bunkers at the airport? of course whatever city what "they" want is to know as much as possible about who to target. After all if we ever realize it, there are more of us than them.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities Related to Military Surplus Stores

This is directly a product of The Patriot Act and these new Govt. Intelligence Fusion Centers...

Excerpted from the official FBI document linked to below...

What Should I consider Suspicious ?

People or Groups Who:

* Provide Identification that is inconsistent or suspect or demands identity "privacy".

* Insist on paying with cash or uses credit cards in different names.

*Significantly alters appearance from visit to visit (shaving beard, changing hair color, style of dress, etc.)

*Have missing hand/fingers, chemical burns, strange odors or bright colored stains on clothing.

*Make racist or extreme religious statements coupled with comments that are violent or appear to condone violence.

* Make suspicious comments regarding anti-US, radical theology vague or cryptic warnings that suggest or appear to endorse the use of violence in support of a cause

*Demonstrate interest in uses that do not seem consistent with the intended use of the item being purchased

*Possess little knowledge of intended purchase items

*Make bulk purchases of items to include:

1. Weather proofed ammunition or match containers
  2. Meals Ready to Eat
  3. Night Vision Devices
  4. Night Flashlights
  5. Gas Masks
  6. High Capacity Magazines
  7. Bi-Pods or Tri-Pods for Rifles

Oh, but I love this govt sanctioned statement of disclaimer at the bottom....

It is important to remember that just because someone's speech, actions, beliefs, appearance, or way of life is different; it does not mean that he or she is suspicious.

But they also state on the other side of their mouth...under "What Should I Do ?"

Be part of the solution.

If Something seems wrong, notify law enforcement authorities.

I guess we'll all have to dress like FBI agents before we go shopping for surplus items now !

Link:

oathkeepers.org...
edit on 12-8-2011 by nh_ee because: Added Link

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join