It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Beck Trustworthy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Would you trust Glenn Beck???

Everytime i see him cry it looks like hes acting. And after analyzing his personality, the way he relates with people - his laboring to feign normal emotional states like empathy and faith, all appears to me as sociopathic. As if he is such a narcissist, so completely absorbed in his self, that the powers that be which run the left-right paradigm are using Beck to undermine the popular conservative spirit. Only somone so emotionally coarse could handle the depravity of what Glenn Beck (and many christian evangelicals) o.

He also supports the Orthodox Jewish Temple Institute and their agenda to build the 3rd Jewish Temple.

On august 24th, Glenn Beck willl be in Jerusalem to host "restoring courage", an event to with the stated goal of raising Jewish confidence in their claims to the holy land.

This is nice and all. And the act itself seems more or less fine.

But i do not trust the composer. He has all the makings of a demagogue who enjoys playing games with the 'primitive' beliefs of Jews and Christians.

Whatever Beck is up to, im sure it will not bode well for either conservative christians or Jews.
edit on 12-8-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It's all a dog and pony show to raise American support for Israel and any further actions they might take.

Beck likes to play the emotions of any situation and will use it to his advantage in any way he deems fit! We just have to be smart enough to see past the hypocrisy and rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Glen Beck is a neocon shill that puts the survival of Israel over America's. When's the last time any of these sickening neocons every did anything to help Americans?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I've been listening to Glen Beck since his radio show started and it was something to pass the time with driving a truck. He's changed a lot in the past year or two. Really the last year more than anything. His radio show was really entertaining and funny.

By the time he got to CNN he was getting pretty deep into the type of topics we all talk about here and elsewhere on the net. When he got to Fox, he been down the Rabbit Hole and it'd started to really show. It's hard to describe for most people who have only known Beck on TV or since he appeared on TV.

He has gone through a long evolution of thinking and world view that has been clear on his 3hr daily radio shows that TV never could be. Personally, I believe that evolution has gone a bit too far and he's chosen to try and become part of the events he'd talked about seeing happen. End Times and that sort of thing. I have a bad feeling about his little rally.

He's picked the most explosive part of the world in the most explosive country (maybe Syria would be worse right this second..but not by much) and he's going to actively poke the hornets nest. Gee what could possibly go wrong?

I'll be watching the 8-28 rally at a local live viewing here in my town because I've got a feeling there will be a major event happen there and I want to see the whole thing. We'll see soon enough....I just wish Glen had stuck with his combination of news and entertainment..... Going down the Rabbit hole has all but ruined the man on more than one level.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Glenn Beck is a salesman and his product is Glenn Beck. Never trust anyone that is trying to sell you something.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
lol No.

He was busted by other media sources for pouring water drops down his face right before a photoshoot to look like he was crying. This wasn't taken out of context, either- the picture was used to make him look sincerely concerned about some tragedy/crisis/whatever.

And I have a knack for pointing out fake fronts people put on. Glenn Beck's is obvious with his shouting and racing up to his chalkboard. The most laughable trick he has is when he sighs, looks down at the ground, takes his glasses off, then looks back up to the camera with something like "America... we ________________".

All he's doing now is trying to rake in even more viewers. Fox News is apparently proud of themselves because they are always boasting about being "the number one most watched cable news in America". If popularity is what's on their mind (which it is), Glenn Beck is just a puppet to draw in more demographics.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well here's the minority report.
I like Glenn, Bill O, and Rush

Have you spewed your coffee yet?
I also like Ron P, Sarah P, Michelle B and Herman C

Have you blown any of your head veins or eye balls.
OK, one last try, I don't trust Nancy P, Barry Obama ,or VP what's his name.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

i'm sure the christians and jews are not the ones to worry about beck.

sounds like whatever you people are, should do the worrying.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
Would you trust Glenn Beck???

Everytime i see him cry it looks like hes acting. And after analyzing his personality, the way he relates with people - his laboring to feign normal emotional states like empathy and faith, all appears to me as sociopathic. As if he is such a narcissist, so completely absorbed in his self, that the powers that be which run the left-right paradigm are using Beck to undermine the popular conservative spirit. Only somone so emotionally coarse could handle the depravity of what Glenn Beck (and many christian evangelicals) o.

I love love my country just about as much as any one man should, and gotta tell ya, I don't think that I have ever even came close to crying over the type of things that this guy does. I have a tremendous capacity for empathy and can pride myself on my ability to put myself in just about anybody's shoes and understand why they are in the emotional state that they are in.

For some reason, I just can't and never have been able to do that with glenn beck. IMO, there is no reason that any mentally competent grow man should make a specticle of themselves the way he does on a daily basis. It's been my experience that when you can't understand a strong display of emotion, it usually isn't sincere.

I could be wrong about this guy, but everything about him screams "FRAUD!!!"

**Oh, and btw I vote republican, so don't start thinking that I'm some liberal just throwing mud. I am only questioning his personallity, not republican views in general, fyi
edit on 12-8-2011 by TheThirdAdam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Compromised.... He is a mormon (magic underwear, white people are from outer space).. He is a drug addict/alcoholic...

He is there to smoke screen TPTB...AND NOW his job is to discredit and malign Ron Paul..making people believe the whole 'wasted vote/unelectable" garbage...

the man talks and talks freedom, democracy, etc... then SHAFTS Ron Paul!!! just like 4 years ago.. and the baby boomer sheeple are once again falling or it...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

lol, That is exactly what he does. Dont forget his BS "God bless you" that he gives to guests that he interviews. Even his "God bless you", not only looks feigned, but theres an aspect of pain in it. As if he doesnt want to say it, and when he says it, he says it in a cliche way - the only way he can understand it.. Beck may be able to capture the appearance of sincerity, but like someone else in this thread said, he doesnt actually experience the emotions. His God bless you, lacks soul.

In order to understand the real nature of Glenn Becks personality, it helps to understand something about the philosophy of the upper classes ie; gnosticism, theosophy, hermeticism, magick, etc...

A person with those beliefs generally has no compunction at all with leading astray conservative Christians or Conservative Jews - people they have a disdain for, and infact a certain type of person would have lots of fun doing it. Its business first, with a side of enjoyment in making naive and gullible people believe your a good Christian man.

And Glenn Beck seems to have a unique ablity to simply not care. He knows how to pretend to care; he can put on a tremendous performance, with tears, and cliche pep talks, but for some very disturbed reason, he doesnt actually feel that what he does isnt completely obnoxious. Thats what amazes me. That someone can do as he does without having a crisis of conscience.

It is enormously sickening that people like him exist.

I know i wrote my original post as a question, but i have no doubts about my feelings towards Glenn Beck. Im not the only person that sees it.

Unfortunately, naive, overly loving, overly accepting, Christian Americans and Jews love to give people the benefit of the doubt. If only they knew more, they would see Beck for the sick, demented sociopath narcissist that he clearly is.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Classic example of sociopathic behavior. First he identifies himself as "I'm just like you." Then makes display of strong emotion to let you know that he really "does feel." After that you'll be willing to buy whatever goods he's trying to sell.

According to the book the four messages that the psychopath communicates are 1) I like who you are; 2) I am just like you; 3) Your secrets are safe with me; and 4) I am the perfect friend or lover or partner for you. That is why psychopaths so often feel like soulmates in a relationship - they project your own persona back to you in their 'assumed' personality

The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout

It's been my experience that when when a person is wearing their heart out on their sleave, chances are that it came with the shirt. I'm putting together a thread about socio-politics that should be up this weekend. I think the concept of sociopathy is strongly ignored when it comes to political tactics and the media. The more I read about sociopathic methods, the more I thought about our elected officials and their methods used to obtain power.
edit on 12-8-2011 by TheThirdAdam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It sounds like a lot of sour grapes on this post. Mr. Beck has critics that hate everything He says or does. Then He turns out to be right, like with gold, and they hate Him even more. The left sure has a lot of pussies that do a lot of hating. Lighten up, and enjoy life. You arsepics.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

I am eagerly awaiting your thread. Excellent points.

Initially I accepted Glenn Beck's sincerity but the more I listened to him I began to see the internal inconsistencies in his philosophical/moral paradigm.

He's a salesman and he's launching his new TV internet venture. He found something that he could hand his hat on to promote himself.

Most recovering alcoholics are narcissistic, adept salepeople, and wel versed in manipulating people by playing on their emotions. Beck is entirely fear-based and is running on ego and a self serving pseudo spirituality.

He's a black/white thinker with an incredible amount of grandiosity. All his "humility" is feigned. His reliance on "divine providence" (which sounds good) is realy profound arrogance in disguise..

He may be a sociopath. I think he's a very sick "dry drunk" who is in deep need of an internal, genuine spiritual experience.
edit on 12-8-2011 by robyn because: grammar

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jondave
It sounds like a lot of sour grapes on this post. Mr. Beck has critics that hate everything He says or does. Then He turns out to be right, like with gold, and they hate Him even more. The left sure has a lot of pussies that do a lot of hating. Lighten up, and enjoy life. You arsepics.

Never said that he didn't have good points that usually turn out to be right, I just question his motivations since none of his actions or sentiments seem very sincere. My personal theory is that fox news network and glenn beck are nothing more than a good business stratigy to make fox a serious competitor among the likes of cnn and msnbc. the msm is primarily liberal bias in spite of the fact that about 1/2 of americans have conservative views, so if you put out a conservative bias news channel with someone like glenn beck as your leading man, you get a serious edge on the media market...

Also his erratic behavior identifies republicans as "nutjobs" to the rest of the world because of his association with the party, when most of us only share a conservative financial opinion but still have liberal social views on thing like gay marriage. Republican does not equal Christian Radical Nazi...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

My personal theory is that fox news network and glenn beck are nothing more than a good business stratigy to make fox a serious competitor among the likes of cnn and msnbc.

I see it from a larger perspective.

The people who control America are using the left - right paradigm of Republicans/Christian/Conservatives and Democrat/"free thinking" Liberals as the archtypal thesis - antithesis of the Hegelian dialectic.

From this manufactured confrontation, which i believe will turn into a civil war situation of a sort, will emerge a 'synthesis'..And a synthesis can only come out of a state of complete undifferentiation; Chaos. .. (To cite an ancient example of this, the intellectualizing tendencies of Hellnistic thought merged with the symbolic and mythological elements of Eastern thought to create Christianity. Christianity represented a 'snythesis' of a variety of different beliefs and philosophies (Greek, Jewish, Persian, Egyptian, Babylonian). This couldnt have happened without the fall of the Roman Empire)

This smaller American paradigm likewise fits into the world Paradigm. All countries are heading into an economic depression; and we may also be heading towards war.

Anyways, here in America, Glenn Beck has become a tremendouly popular conservative voice. Amazingly, even in Israel his routin is gaining popularity.

He is the "right" of the controlled paradigm. Does he oppose the popular left? Does he represent an antithesis to the status quo? Does he even encorage popular revolution here in America (and now in Israel)??

Yes to all 3. He represents a vehicle for change. Change cannot occur without an antithesis, and Beck represents that antithesis. But a wily, collusive antithesis he is; just as much as Alex Jones is.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Agreed to a certain extent, I believe that he does play the role of the antithisis, but I believe that his role is a manufactured one that is controlled and is designed to weaken the opposition...

Great post

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I too am in the minority. I genuinely like Beck. He has a quick wit and a self depreciating humor. My job makes Talk Radio a sanity for me...and I have listened to Glenn evolve.

He is not a 'cradle' Mormon; he and his wife sought the faith as an extension of his recovery from alcoholism. He has the manic 'dry drunk' lifestyle (does he ever rest?) And I think his early emotional meltdowns were due to his realizations of what he screwed up back in his substance abusing days. He was married and divorced during that time--and his 'guilt' was sometimes palpable on air.

As he has become more successful; he has BECOME the 'product' Glenn Beck (sell that book, that Tour, that self owned network). Its a shame because he s at his absolut best when he slips into Glenn1.0 with Pat and Stu.

Just my two cents (and I have long wished that I HAD bought into Goldline years ago!!!)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Aside from the TPTB nonsense, I agree with your post. If there was more money in being a left-wing pundit than a right-wing pundit, then Beck would probably just do that.

Originally posted by jondave
www.politifact.com...

I could find other things he said that ended up being wrong, but I think the link is good enough for now. I will give that people do blindly hate him, but there are people who blindly worship him, you probably being one of those people.
edit on 12-8-2011 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Though I feel he gets a bit carried away at times, at least he's sincere in his beliefs! That's a lot more than I can say for our current administration.

Hell, I'll join the minority and give him a few

reply to post by Violater1

I'm with you!

See ya,
Milt

edit on 12-8-2011 by BenReclused because: Formatting

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join