It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble photographs "cosmic necklace"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The Hubble Space Telescope is gem. It is a shame that it may never be updated or fixed when broken again. But until those days come, let us enjoy the discoveries it continues to make:

Hubble Offers a Dazzling Necklace - A giant cosmic necklace glows brightly in this NASA Hubble Space Telescope image. The object, aptly named the Necklace Nebula, is a recently discovered planetary nebula, the glowing remains of an ordinary, Sun-like star. The nebula consists of a bright ring, measuring 12 trillion miles wide, dotted with dense, bright knots of gas that resemble diamonds in a necklace. A pair of stars orbiting close together produced the nebula, also called PN G054.2-03.4. About 10,000 years ago one of the aging stars ballooned to the point where it engulfed its companion star.

I always loved this telescope.
to its continuing missions. Fun note: The 'necklace' is almost as big as the US National Debt.
edit on 11-8-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

edit on 11-8-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: add

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Beautiful photo.
Fun note: Comet Elenin is in the right lower corner

SnF

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
every time i see something like that I think "look at that! and people think there's a God...." but then I look a little longer and think "maybe there is"... It's amazing what we are finding and we are only scratching the surface

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I want to see the "real" stuff that happens when Hubble convieniently shuts down!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I always loved this telescope. to its continuing missions. Fun note: The 'necklace' is almost as big as the US National Debt.

lmao
Almost.....

Excellent pic.

S&F

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by spliff4020

Don't you just hate your fickle mind?
I tend to think: "Look at how pretty the broken messed up universe is. Thanks, God!"

Awesome picture. Destruction can be so beautiful.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Very nice! not saying what Im thinking.
edit on 12/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I too love the Hubble,.

thnaks for the post and pic.

cool way to end a night for me!

top topics

join