It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems with downloading Google Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I would first like to apologize, I haven't quite figured out how to post topics, so if I have done it wrong lemme know.
Earlier my son and I were watching a documentary about Area 51, they mentioned the "new area 51" and my boy wanted to see where it is at since it is relatively close to where we live.
I went to the Google Earth site and followed all the prompts, the window stating that the install was successful popped up so I went to my desktop to click on the thumbnail. It wasn't there. I went into my programs and it wasn't there either. So I downloaded again and had the same results, did this a few times and had no success.
Does anyone know what is going wrong? I have never had a problem with downloading anything and don't know what to do....
I would appreciate any input.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Do a search for google earth in your files should come up.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sk8erchick

I think the problem relates to a mis-install of Google Earth, or one where the program links have been deleted.

When you re-run the setup, it just assumes that you are just updating the existing software and it leaves the same preferences (including no icon & not in programs list).

You should be able to uninstall and fully remove Google Earth, deleting preferences too.

Then, when you install it next, it assumes a first-time install.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sk8erchick

I had the same problem. When Google Earth first came out, no problem and everything installed and worked. After Google built in a version of it to the browser and that was installed, Google Earth wouldn't come up and I couldn't find it anywhere.

My computer directory structure is very customized and unique for what I do with it or I'd just paste a link to where I have mine, but find your \program files\ directory or \program files (x86)\ for a 64 bit system and then look for your Google directory. Google Earth will be a subdirectory of that and the .exe/application file is in .....\google\google earth\ If there is another way t run it, I'm all ears, but I had to just make a shortcut from the .exe file in there straight to desktop. Now it loads fine, of course...but Google could have made an icon and saved everyone the hassle

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Click on the windows start bar and in the left bottom part of the screen their is a search option. Just type earth and it should come up. Or you could go to C drive Program files and look for google.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Thank you very much, I got it installed.

top topics

join