It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Satellite Weather Image for New Zealand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
There's extreme weather predicted for New Zealand over the next couple of days. Big snow storms coming which will be the second big dump in just over a month.

I decided to search for some satellite imagery showing the current state of the play, and happened upon this link: SATELLITE

What concerns me is the bottom image (watch the animation to the 11th Aug). Just at the end there's a couple of major anomolies that I can't explain, and hope that others here have some ideas?

Suggest that you save the animation as it may be overwritten.

Look forward to any comments.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ok I'll bite what am I suppose to be worried about?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Looked at your link. Not sure what you are referring to exactly

Could you take a still shot - point it out ? I have seen others do it, not that I know how on this site.

link   
Ok, I work for the weather bureau here in Australia, and I look at satellite images everyday Im at work. Looking at your satellite imagery there, and the precipitable water image, I cant see anything out of the ordinary.

Can you please explain what exactly you are seeing?

link   
reply to post by standrewscross

Well did you SEE the two sudden bursts that stream down the image?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by standrewscross

I think it's the two odd anomalies at the end of the 2nd animation on the page that the OP is talking about. Unless it's just a glitch or something related to the solar stuff going on, I have no idea! I'm guessing it's a glitch. It is rather cool looking!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Insane, wtf? I have no ideas, swamp gas?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You have to scroll down to the bottom of the screen. There are two different maps.
I think it's just a glitch, but they do seem to be coming from the direction of Alaska which is where a certain weather station is located.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Spieluhr because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
There's extreme weather predicted for New Zealand over the next couple of days. Big snow storms coming which will be the second big dump in just over a month.

I decided to search for some satellite imagery showing the current state of the play, and happened upon this link: SATELLITE

What concerns me is the bottom image (watch the animation to the 11th Aug). Just at the end there's a couple of major anomolies that I can't explain, and hope that others here have some ideas?

Suggest that you save the animation as it may be overwritten.

Look forward to any comments.

What the hell is that? Looks like 2 tornadoes from space. This weather is crazy, it has snowed where I live a few weeks back and they are saying to expect the same or worse in the next few days. I'm in the North Island.
Perhaps the recent solar flares might have something to do with it?

link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Did you scroll to bottom of the page for the
2nd animation?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yes very weird but I think it is a systematic glitch which is then being morphed into the real data.

The way the image provides some degree of smoothness of animation is to morph the images into each other.

The actual data is more like individual snapshots.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Areyou talking about those two tube like aparitions that come in from the top near the end?? They are weird?
No idea what they could be???

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Wow, that is crazy! I am sure it is just a glitch in the system, but in the meantime, kind of glad I am on the other half of the world.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This:

First thought would be a glitch of some sort.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Lol

Cmon guys its a simple glitch in the animation. Its more common than you might think

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It's just a glitch. Looks weird because it's morphed (meaning they blend in one image with the next)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/201bb48cdb49.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
OH!!! NOW I see it.

I don't know what that is exactly - that is one strange thing I have never seen before

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Ok, I work for the weather bureau here in Australia, and I look at satellite images everyday Im at work. Looking at your satellite imagery there, and the precipitable water image, I cant see anything out of the ordinary.

Can you please explain what exactly you are seeing?

Can you look again at the bottom one and the tube shapes that appear on the animation and tell us what you think please?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I have to agree with it being a glitch as well, but then again....

The Air Force did happen to lose an experimental unmanned aircraft capable of traveling at mach 20...

*que Twilight Zone theme song*

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
That is certainly odd.

I'd say satellite/processing problems. Unless of course at 8:00 on the 10th August UTC, New Zealand experienced 60+mm / hour of rain nationwide.

Cheers

P.S. If the image had been false colour infrared, then that may have been a different story entirely.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join