It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora and HTV-2 one in the same?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hey guys, I recently have been researching into the "aurora project" and I'm not too well versed in the subject, so this is where I need some feed back from you guys.

Here are a few videos I have watched that explained a bit of the aurora project.

I'm sure there are more videos / info out there, I'd like some people to share them in this thread.

Well, I found it ironic that we somehow "lose" a hypersonic plane that nobody really had known about, and I feel as if it could be linked to aurora. My question is, is this story fabricated as a distraction for the public? I mean could this project have already been under way for awhile now, but we're just now getting wind of it?

The latest unmanned Falcon Hypersonic Technology Vehicle-2 -- a test rocket designed to fly at Mach 20, or around 13,000 miles per hour -- successfully launched at approximately 7:45 a.m. PDT Thursday and separated properly from the Minotaur IV rocket that carried it to the edge of space. But after 2,700 seconds of flight, the agency lost contact with the vehicle, which presumably sank in the blue waters of the Pacific Ocean.

The latest project to be announced under the Falcon banner was a fighter-sized unmanned aircraft called "Blackswift" which would take off from a runway and accelerate to Mach 6 before completing its mission and landing again. The memo of understanding between DARPA and the USAF on Blackswift — also known as the HTV-3X — was signed in September 2007. The Blackswift HTV-3X did not receive needed funding and was canceled in October 2008.[2] Current research under FALCON program is centered around X-41 Common Aero Vehicle (CAV), a common aerial platform for hypersonic ICBMs and cruise missiles, as well as civilian RLVs and ELVs. The prototype Hypersonic Technology Vehicle 2 (HTV-2) first flew on 22 April 2010; the second test flew 11 August 2011. Both flights ended prematurely.

Source for HTV-2 DARPA

Source

Any kind of insight is much appreciated!

edit on 8/11/2011 by eXia7 because: fixed picture

edit on 8/11/2011 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/11/2011 by eXia7 because: spelling =]

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I am just studying this myself and find it all a bit odd, but I do know that the government does not give press releases for our benefit. When they move their right hand, watch what the left hand is doing.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I know somebody out there has some insight on this!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I don't know for sure, but I think Aurora was just the code name for FASSSTTT! We had a couple companies developing hypersonic (aurora) planes, maybe the Falcon HTV was the one that made it the furthest in development.

Here is another thread on the Falcon HTV

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here is an article from 1993 that should interest you

books.google.com... LI_01O&sig=_3SYXiFifoZFvP7x3-v82GmPGzE&hl=en&ei=oJdETrazAa3YiAKa9YHkAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&sqi=2&ved=0CDYQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q&f=fals e

I remember even older PopSci's that had the conceptual designs for aurora, My uncle worked for the long deceased Lockheed and Martin-Marrieta companies as an engineer, he had given me company pamphlets of Hemisphere skimming a passenger aircraft with much the same body design, although those have long since disappeared. Anyway this design concept has been kicked about for decades, seems tech and material finally caught up with one artists concept!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by eXia7

I don't know for sure, but I think Aurora was just the code name for FASSSTTT! We had a couple companies developing hypersonic (aurora) planes, maybe the Falcon HTV was the one that made it the furthest in development.

Here is another thread on the Falcon HTV

Thanks for the thread link, I'll be reviewing it with anything else that might surface, for some reason this sparks my interests. I mean who couldn't be interested in something that could fly mach 20 lol

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Not the same at all!

The HTV was also mishandled for the second time today, we're just not up to code om such a speed yet.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes
Here is an article from 1993 that should interest you

books.google.com... LI_01O&sig=_3SYXiFifoZFvP7x3-v82GmPGzE&hl=en&ei=oJdETrazAa3YiAKa9YHkAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&sqi=2&ved=0CDYQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q&f=fals e

I remember even older PopSci's that had the conceptual designs for aurora, My uncle worked for the long deceased Lockheed and Martin-Marrieta companies as an engineer, he had given me company pamphlets of Hemisphere skimming a passenger aircraft with much the same body design, although those have long since disappeared. Anyway this design concept has been kicked about for decades, seems tech and material finally caught up with one artists concept!

This is an awesome addition, thanks! When i get some time I might screen cap all of those pages and post it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
Not the same at all!

The HTV was also mishandled for the second time today, we're just not up to code om such a speed yet.

I'd like to pick your brain for a second. Do you believe "if" the Aurora does exist, would you think it is manned or unmanned? I mean from what I understand you could put one of these types of planes in oribit.. I mean the space shuttle manages to stay together.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
They've been using this technology since the cold war era... nothing new here...

edit ---

this is the SECOND version of this plane... so they've built more than one, according to official "story". We're just hearing of this now... but how many years of research and developement went into this project? This is nothing new and has been used for decades... now they're just throwing this old bone out there...

edit on 11-8-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nastradamus
They've been using this technology since the cold war era... nothing new here.

I do believe that this is probably the truth, from all the UFO, alien, back engineering, government black budget programs that I have read about I definitely think it's true.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Here's the question I have, how did they gain the technology to engineer an aircraft that can travel 4 times the speed of the black bird? Not only that, the tremendous amount of g-forces at that speed would kill the pilot! Unless it's a drone craft, a human could not withstand that amount of force unless they developed a substance or enclosure that would protect the pilot. The friction heat alone would cause the "metal" of the plane to either melt or ignite in a ball of fire!

Every time I hear about these new technologies being tested by our government, I always have flash backs to UFO case studies I've researched. I recall an abduction case where a lady remembered part of her abduction experience on board a UFO. She explained that she was submerged in a substance that was thicker than water. When she started panicking (thinking she was going to drown), the "grey" told her to calm down because she would be able to breath in this substance. Telepathically he told her they had to do this to counter the gravitational forces that would come to bare on her.

It may be a stretch, but you really have to wonder about some of the technologies being researched that have the same similarities as UFO technology that have been witnessed by abductees, military personal and pilots.
I can understand improving technology over time based upon trial and error, but improving technology by leaps and bounds in such a short time period? I give human engineering credit, but in anything that has been invented in the past, the design process for technology like this just doesn't go from brainstorming to extremely high tech prototypes in just a few years. There has to be gradual steps, trial and error periods that can improve upon existing technology.

How similar are these technologies? Check out my thread on the subject.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Here's the question I have, how did they gain the technology to engineer an aircraft that can travel 4 times the speed of the black bird? Not only that, the tremendous amount of g-forces at that speed would kill the pilot! Unless it's a drone craft, a human could not withstand that amount of force unless they developed a substance or enclosure that would protect the pilot. The friction heat alone would cause the "metal" of the plane to either melt or ignite in a ball of fire!

Every time I hear about these new technologies being tested by our government, I always have flash backs to UFO case studies I've researched. I recall an abduction case where a lady remembered part of her abduction experience on board a UFO. She explained that she was submerged in a substance that was thicker than water. When she started panicking (thinking she was going to drown), the "grey" told her to calm down because she would be able to breath in this substance. Telepathically he told her they had to do this to counter the gravitational forces that would come to bare on her.

It may be a stretch, but you really have to wonder about some of the technologies being researched that have the same similarities as UFO technology that have been witnessed by abductees, military personal and pilots.
I can understand improving technology over time based upon trial and error, but improving technology by leaps and bounds in such a short time period? I give human engineering credit, but in anything that has been invented in the past, the design process for technology like this just doesn't go from brainstorming to extremely high tech prototypes in just a few years. There has to be gradual steps, trial and error periods that can improve upon existing technology.

How similar are these technologies? Check out my thread on the subject.

Thanks for your addition! You're right in my opinion, humanity has achieved some amazing things, but like you stated, you have to wonder just how much they learned on their own, and how much was "donated" (i use the term loosely here) to them. good point!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

It was a droned craft... clearly. Or that's what they would want people to believe... and that it self destructed and spiraled wickedly into the ocean. There's no way that thing would survive impact at those speeds. That thing is in a million pieces if it lost control/contact.

As for achieving those speeds... it's actually a lot more simpler when you break it down to everyday life things... every try chucking a football while stationed still? try running into it... with good timing and speed you can launch the ball tremendously farther than if you were to just stand still and throw it... Ever wonder how people could jump from car to car during high speed chases? You would think that when you're in the air... by the time you reach the bottom of the arch of your jump that the cars would be down the freeway/road etc. But that's not the case because the momentum and thus movement/trajectory is transfered into the person moving... the football being thrown... the triangle cutting through the sky.

As for the heat issue, there are coatings which boat absorb and distribute or flat out deflect the heat... usually following the lines and curves of the plane so excess heat is "guided" through the tips and into radiating out of off the craft. Also... heat is a result of friction. Who's to say that these new stealth super sonic fighters don't have technologies which mess around with the electric frequencies,,, positively or negatively effecting atom and particles around the vehicle causing an "atmospherless" enviornment around the craft. The air is still being displaced... but it would NEVER come in contact with the craft theoretically so friction would not proceed.

Just batting around a few ideas... hope you have your salt shakers in hand.

edit on 11-8-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nastradamus
reply to post by WeRpeons

It was a droned craft... clearly. Or that's what they would want people to believe... and that it self destructed and spiraled wickedly into the ocean. There's no way that thing would survive impact at those speeds. That thing is in a million pieces if it lost control/contact.

As for achieving those speeds... it's actually a lot more simpler when you break it down to everyday life things... every try chucking a football while stantioned still? try running into it... with good timing and speed you can launch the ball tremendously farther than if you were to just stand still and throw it... Ever wonder how people could jump from car to car during high speed chases? You would think that when you're in the air... by the time you reach the bottom of the arch of your jump that the cars would be down the freeway/road etc. But that's not the case because the momentum and thus movement/trajectory is transfered into the person moving... the football being thrown... the triangle cutting through the sky.

As for the heat issue, there are coatings which boat absorb and distribute or flat out deflect the heat... usually following the lines and curves of the plane so excess heat is "guided" through the tips and into radiating out of off the craft. Also... heat is a result of friction. Who's to say that these new stealth super sonic fighters don't have technologies which mess around with the electric frequencies,,, positively or negatively effecting atom and particles around the vehicle causing an "atmospherless" enviornment around the craft. The air is still being displaced... but it would NEVER come in contact with the craft theoretically so friction would not proceed.

Just batting around a few ideas... hope you have your salt shakers in hand.

Thanks for your input! much appreciated, I feel this topic could still be wide open.. I dunno a lot of coincidences going on lately. thanks!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I dunno. Can't you aviation and space enthusiasts get it through your heads that it was not an accident or oversight or misjudged development timetables that has left us with no manned space vehicle?

Is/was NASA, hence, the US government, that stupid that after forty years of the shuttle program's development and usage time-frame that we were suddenly caught with our pants down while a half dozen other countries are forging ahead in their manned programs? C'mon now, If you say yes, that's right. they suffered a forty-year blind side, caught completely unware they were but look what they are doing now to try to catch us up to speed.

Please tell me the distinct advantages of attaching a high-speed glider as a replacement for a multiple warhead on a large rocket? So the damned thing went 20 times faster than the speed of sound. So do, and have for about forty years, the multiple warheads on ICBMs! Where or where is the logical justification for this piece of worthless hardware AND the contrieved ballyhoo about it?

They are still attempting a coverup for the development of the triangles that have been operational since at least the mid-1980s. Do yourself a favor and allow the possibility that we have amazing, manned aerospace craft that do not use air for motion or brute rockets for lift.

Yep, I sound like a broken record repeating the same response to short-sighted threads, but somebody has to do it.

(

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

One important thing to remember is that if the U.S. went public with this information, IT WAS ON PURPOSE and they fully intended to send a message to the rest of the world. I have no doubts that Black Ops projects are 50 to 100 years ahead technologically to what they release to the public.
The SR-71 was how long ago? Yeah.....Aurora is another one. A lot of it is to keep the other supposed "Superpowers" guessing and sweating over what we might have up our sleeve. 13,000 miles an hour!!!? That is impressive- but if DARPA is officially letting everyone know that we have this, just try to imagine what else they have that we won't be privy to for another 30- 40 years. It boggles the mind.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

In an electric universe... light IS the enemy...

you look right in the light you go blind/
you don't look right into the night, you don't shine/

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
id like to point out that g-force is on relative to acceleration, if u have a constant acceleration, being slow, you could hypothetically u could send somone at a high speed as long as ur acceleration didnt go past about 9 g's if i remember correctly that is the limit of a human body in a g suit

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I just looked trough the article and it´s very similar but it could still be an quensidence.

But I just got a great laugh of some of the articles forexample, their is a scientist who belives that in 2010 you will be able as a normal person to take of in a little space ship and travel very fast

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join