It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternatives to Antibiotics....help me avoid fish-mox!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So I lost my health insurance after my divorce, and I can't afford to pay premiums at this point.
I am a full time student but not at a college with a health plan or office.
With cold, flu, and strep season coming up....Its mostly strep and pneumonia I am worried about (I am extra susceptible to these for some reason)
I am looking to understand or learn about some more natural or homeopathic alternatives to Antibiotics....
A friend told me about Fish-mox and fish-lox which are fish antibiotics and supposedly they are the same grade as human ammoxicillin and avelox.
However I would like to avoid fish antibiotics...I seriously do!

I would appreciate any immune boosting tips or tricks as well!
School is starting soon and with the stress of a busy single parent/full time student life, I need to avoid getting sick!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
" this era of superbugs, natural antibiotics like garlic and other herbs and spices have an increasing role to play in fighting bacteria associated with infectious diseases.
We read in another article about the harm of pharmaceutical, or un- natural antibiotics. The overuse and misuse of these drugs have given rise to "supergerms" that are resistant to even the most powerful drugs."

www.flu-treatments.com...

good luck champ

"So I lost my health insurance after my divorce"

i get so pissed off and so sad when i hear people say this in the states . I am sorry for our failure as a whole to come out with a solution for healthcare for everyone ..

its so f'kn stupid . Everyone should have health insurance . We have enough bs on our plates to deal with . The least they can do is throw you a bone and a little healthcare while they stick it up ur as s
edit on 11-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Stay warm...getting cold or wet can cause a shock to your system allowing the bugs to set in. Eat well, take multi-vits.
If you feel a cold coming on immediately (within 2 hrs) take a high strength vitamin C tablet with an energy boost multivit/multi mineral, with echinacea and a raw garlic clove. Keep taking the echinacea as directed on the pack and garlic (one raw bulb every 5 hours) till you stop coughing/sniveling.
Lentil and garlic soup is good for colds too, take 2 whole bulbs of garlic, peel and boil them together with red lentils, for 3 hours till the soup is thick and smooth.
Get a neck warmer and pin a hankie with lavender oil on the inside of it and use it to cover your mouth when you are out and around others. And wash your hands and dispose of used hankies. Keep ypur computer keyboard and monitor clean. Lavender oil makes a great anti-bacterial wipe too. GL

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
In the end dont anti biotics do more harm then good? They can make a cold stronger and harder to fight. My dog has a problem with his skin, we used to give him anti biotics, we have learned that it may help the first few times but after a while what you are fighting becomes stronger and is able to bypass the anti biotics. If I wear you, I would eat healthier. When you eat right your body has more energy to fight off viruses. Drink allot of orange juice. The only remedy i use when I have a cold is vitamin C. Emergen C drink packets help a ton. You can get them at any grocery store of pharmacy. If you drink one of those packets a day you should not have a problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

I definitely agree the overuse of antibiotics is doing loads more harm than good and I only turn to using antibiotics when the situation is dire! Last winter just before my insurance expired (thank goodness) I waited so long to go in for what I put off as just a chest cold that I almost needed to be hospitalized for what was severe pneumonia. The Dr didn't because I begged....I had finals, and 2 kids at home with no where else to go! I got sent home with antibiotics, inhalers, steroids, breathing treatments, and he called every 8 hours for the first 3 days! I miss my Dr

Antibiotics should only be reserved the most serious of situations.
Anyway, there was this woman I overheard talking on her cell phone about a berry (maybe) that is supposed to be good for respiratory health. She had said over the conversation that her daughter has not had one chest cold since!
She left, still talking..before I could ask her. I have googled but not found what I thought she was talking about.
Anyone here have any idea?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

Colloidal silver is safe and harmless. Not too expensive. Pretty good deal.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

How do you use this colloidal silver?
edit on 11-8-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Htrowklis82

Drink it. Follow label directions. Gave some to my 21+ year old cat and she came back around. Feeding syringe for her. Oldest pet I have ever had. Hope you feel better.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
" this era of superbugs, natural antibiotics like garlic and other herbs and spices have an increasing role to play in fighting bacteria associated with infectious diseases.

i get so pissed off and so sad when i hear people say this in the states . I am sorry for our failure as a whole to come out with a solution for healthcare for everyone ..

I appreciate the support! I am trying to stay as healthy as I can so I can avoid unexpected, and uncovered costs! Hopefully something will come in my path that can change this situation sooner than later!

Garlic is a great tip! I managed to get families in need veggie share at a CSA farm, we got lots of garlic this week!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by celticpride

Thanks for the advice! I was just telling another poster that I have loads of fresh organic garlic in my possession right now! Hopefully I wont need this batch for a cold...I want to make some pasta sauce!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I am glad it brought your cat back around! I will remember this tip...
I am not sick now, but when the time comes...I want to be prepared! Thanks

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows

Originally posted by Htrowklis82

Drink it. Follow label directions. Gave some to my 21+ year old cat and she came back around. Feeding syringe for her. Oldest pet I have ever had. Hope you feel better.

Colloidal silver is good stuff. The upshot is that bacteria and viruses simply cannot live in the presence of silver.

However! You have to remember that bacteria in the digestive tract are important and positive. So you want to avoid killing them. Therefore it's probably best not to swallow colloidal silver directly, but to rinse the mouth and let it rest under the tongue for a while so that it's absorbed through the skin. On the other hand, there's no great or permanent harm if you do swallow it directly. Just eat a little yogurt every so often to promote the healthful bacteria....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Thanks for the advice! I hate yogurt with a passion, but I do have liquid probiotics available to me.
My boyfriend takes them everyday to keep his h pylori in check to avoid heartburn.
I will make sure to take a shot of them if and when I try colloidal silver!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
most states have low income programs such as this in colorado called CICP

cospl.coalliance.org...:1444
click on adobe doc at the bottom

apply through your local hospital
edit on 12-8-2011 by tinker9917 because: correct link

edit on 12-8-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I live in Colorado....I will definitely check this out!
Thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Check out all the health benefits of Oil of Oregano.

I've been battling a horrible skin infection. Doctors did blood tests that came back normal. The doctors did a culture, but it came back inconclusive. I've been on several antibiotics and even a fungal cream to no avail. Nothing worked - until I started taking Oil of Oregano. The infection was gone in two weeks and I didn't suffer any side effects.

Oregano kills 100% of bacteria and fungi. It has several health benefits including respiratory related conditions.
I encourage everyone to research it and spread the word.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
You really should be careful getting health advice on a conspiracy website, just sayin. I'm not saying there isn't good information here, just that you should take it all with a grain of salt and do some research before trying anything.

So...the best thing you can do to prevent and treat colds and the flu (which leads to pneumonia often times) is:

Prevention: Oral Zinc Supplements
Treatment: Within 24 hours of the first symptoms take Zinc Lozenges.

Source: www2.cochrane.org...

Zinc administered within 24 hours of onset of symptoms reduces the duration and severity of the common cold in healthy people. When supplemented for at least five months, it reduces cold incidence, school absenteeism and prescription of antibiotics in children.

As far as strepp....avoid those who have symptoms. Wash your hands often in public places. Supplement with vitamin D, considering sun exposure in the winter is minimal. Vitamin C doesn't do much. Avoid sugary products, as blood sugar and ascorbic acid (vit c) compete for the same cell receptor sites...and blood sugar takes precedence for energy demands and to avoid hyperglycemia. And when vitamin C cell uptake is inhibited, it weakens the immune system.

Try to eat whole foods and exercise often (btw, if you're exercising, Vitamin C may actually help you. Studies have shown that it only really helps athletes.)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

I for sure will not just take advice for what its worth or take some random unknown to me.
I will research thoroughly!
I just have come to see many of the people on the website are back to nature, survivalist type folks...as well as some who avoid the establishment as it is. Figure they could be a good resource to tap for this sort of issue, and they have been! You included

I will do my research! I am trying to avoid illness after all!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Alrighty! Good luck to ya!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Food as medicine is my trick! Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, preferably organic. Increase your citrus fruits in the fall and winter. And if I ever do start to get a cold I make chicken soup (recipe below) and I make a cup of faux tea! LOL It's hot water, half a lemon juiced, big chunk of fresh ginger sliced up and steep it. Then drink it every evening before bed.

Chicken Soup: (no real measurements, I just eye ball it)

In a med size pot fill 3/4 with water, add in 3-5 bone in chicken thighs. Simmer with the below for about an hour.

- 6-8 whole star anise
- 1 3" piece of ginger sliced up
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 2 Tbs fresh garlic
- 1 Tbs black peppercorns
- 1 Tbs corriander seed
- 2 -3 dried chili peppers. If you can't find Thai chili peppers, just use what you can find in the hispanic food section.
- 2-3 whole kaffir lime leaves (can be found online or at an asian market)
- 1-2 Tbs Galangal (also look online or in an asian market)
2 Tbs fish sauce
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp brown sugar

Simmer this for about an hour and then strain it off into another pan to separate the stuff from the broth. Take the chicken out and cool it. When the chicken is cool, chop it up and add back into the pot of broth. Ad to this the following

2" piece of ginger cut up into thin strips
1 little container of mushrooms (crimini work well) sliced up
1 package of whatever noodles you like. I use rice noodles, but you can also get ramen style noodles without the seasoning packet.

Serve into a bowl and ad asian chili, soy sauce and or fish sauce to taste. Be forwarned, it is a spicy soup, but it works wonders!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join