It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else have loved one in prison?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I am starting this thread because I am having some concerns about a few people in my life that happen to be incarcerated. I won’t get into their stories, but I worry about what will become of them if the world or USA happens to go to **BLEEP**. I could name about a dozen scenarios but mainly I worry they will be trapped there, unable to escape whatever catastrophe may occur.

I know what many are thinking, why care what happens to them, they did a bad thing and got locked up. Well, no, not really. My people are not the ruthless killers that come to mind when you think of prison inmates. My people just made poor decisions in life and got bum deals on the time they have to spend.

Anyway, does anyone else face this? What do you think would happen if the worst should happen in this world? I am really just looking for support here. I have been thinking about it a lot lately and it has me so worried.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

They would prob. be fine. It would prob. be a lot like Con Air if TSHTF.

OK, inappropriate jokes aside, I bet they'd be fairly safe. They are removed from the outside world, so if something happens in the outside world, they would prob. have some protection against it. I can't imagine them being trapped and abandoned -- too much staff/etc. to just walk away and leave them. Also, the biggest thing keeping them there are guards/employees. If the guards/employees aren't there, the inmates prob. aren't far from freedom.
edit on 8/11/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I worry... they will be left. If SHTF will I leave my family for my job? Most likely not... depends on the situation of course.... but SHTF scenerio I'm gonna take care of my kids. Not the people I work with or work for.

If I worked for a prison, I would be humane enough to let most of them them free (not dangerous ones). I think. I don't really know how prisons work,

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but prisons are rigged with gas for SHTF possibilities. They will kill everyone and abandon the facility before they free anybody.

edit on 8/11/11 by HenryTwoTimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I thought the same thing too as well as I have spent a few years in the past behind bars. Sadly I would say that they would probably be kept locked up indefinitely and some of us would be joining them. If The Shizer hits the fan it seems that the main objective of Big brother would be to kill as many of us as possible and enslave the rest (I'm just being general here.) The folks who are not disposed of will be sent to jails, institutions and FEMA camps. SO I guess at the end of the day don't worry about them because if it all goes horribly wrong you, I and whoever else is left alive will be joining them.

Trowa

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

I know what many are thinking, why care what happens to them, they did a bad thing and got locked up. Well, no, not really. My people are not the ruthless killers that come to mind when you think of prison inmates. My people just made poor decisions in life and got bum deals on the time they have to spend.

No, there are plenty of decent people inside of prison, and there are plenty of low life's outside of prison. There are stand up people there, and there are fall downs here.

You always have to be there for them because they live in a different world, and you are the key to helping them come back to the real one.

Hopefully they return before any major crisis happens. But I agree, it is the last place someone would want to be if there was a major catastrophe... Food shortage, or anything along those lines.

Just make sure when they get out they keep themselves from going back in.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryTwoTimes

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but prisons are rigged with gas for SHTF possibilities. They will kill everyone and abandon the facility before they free anybody.

edit on 8/11/11 by HenryTwoTimes because: (no reason given)

Ha!

However, I feel the OP might not enjoy your sense of humor as much as me.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm not trying to scare anyone, just preparing you for a worst case scenario. I suggest you do a google search for hurricane Katrina and how they abandoned the prisoners when the SHTF. There were some human rights groups who investigated and their reports are available on the web as well.
Best thing to do is have a list of contacts at the prison so you can remind them that people on the outside are watching.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thank you Boncho for your understanding!

I would think the gas situation would be something they would use in a max security prison where the worst of the worst are housed. I wouldn't want those people to get out! As far as I know, most prison work by locking you in from the outside, so if all the guards left, you are still locked in.

I will look up the Katrina prison situation, I had not heard of it until now. All in all I just worry, I have heard about prison riots and the terrible things that happen with that, and I can't help but think that would happen to my people. Luckily one of my people will be getting out in June of next year. He is aware of the way the world is going and his hoping like hell he can get out in time.

I really appreciate the comments, as morbid as they may be.

top topics

join