It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Error 0xc0000005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I get an error quite often now when on the web on my home pc...thought someone here might have an idea (or be better at looking it up than I am).

I've also included a screenshot of the details of the error.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You're using Internet Explorer. That's your problem

Hehehe... Just kidding. Nah, seriously, it's not unsusual for Explorer to crash once in a while. If you experience this really often, I would suggest to get the latest version of it, if you don't already have it. If you do, you might want to try to re-install it. Sometimes it will solves some of its problem, sometimes not. Explorer is kind of a crappy, un-stable browser, even if I'm guilty of using it too. But there's lots of alternative, I recently tried Firefox a few time, and it's quite well-done and well-featured, and it even (usually) load pages faster than IE.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It happens far too often...and just all of a sudden, like the past two weeks. I run adaware and spybot quite often, and my virus check is coming up blank, but I'm worried thats what it is...

Been a while since I was into it, and I never really learned the ins and outs of how XP is different (as far as the programming level goes)... I'd say this happens probably about 3 or 4 times if on the web for even just a half hour or more.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ended up installing Service Pack 1...that solved the issue...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
SP 1 ?!?! ONE !?!?

Dude! SP 2 just got out, what were you waiting for?!?! (j/k)

Seriously, people underestimate the necessity of the updates that microsoft provides. Don't you know there's tons of kiddy-evil-geniuses that do nothing else but peek and try to find holes in microsofts products? That's why security updates should always be applied as soon as they're avalaible. There's been test done to show that a windows XP pc, installed right-of-the-box style (no updates, patches or configuration changes) would last approximatly 20 to 30 minutes on the Net before being hitted by some virus or other malware searching for vulnerabilities.

Still, I'm glad you solved your problem.

new topics

top topics

join