It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE IOWA GOP DEBATE- Your reactions ATS?! *LIVE*

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Explanation

I used that logic in 2008, I didn't want to waste it on Ron Paul, but I certainly didn't want McCain/Palin, so I voted for the relatively unknown Obama. Talk about a wasted vote!!

This time around, I will gladly through my vote to Ron Paul, and if it is wasted, at least I will have a clean conscience.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I feel like this is our final chance to reclaim our country and many seem to not care or understand. This is what we have been waiting for, if we don't support this man and get him elected, frankly, I'm downright frightened about all of our futures.

It is up to us, just like it always should have been. I'm not ready to watch the country our mothers and fathers built fall into a selfish suicidal downward spiral. I'm calling his campaign office and signing up to do whatever I can, be it campaign posters or just by good old fashion word of mouth, we need to get him in office.

In my lifetime I have never seen a better presidential candidate than Ron Paul, nor anyone who I truly believed held such strong beliefs in the core values of this country and compassion for its people. Next year I will cast my very first vote in a lifetime of neglecting to vote for anyone out of frustration. I think this is it, this is our defining moment and I believe the possibility to change not only the United States, but the world for the better rests solely in our hands now and for the next year.

This is so simple, please god or space aliens or whatever divine power there might be in the universe, let us make this one right decision and take back our freedom, honor and legacy. Stop the killing! Stop the incarceration of innocent Americans! Give me freaking liberty or give me death.

The deck is stacked against him and the burden of disgrace is looming on the horizon, god bless the United States of America and lets make true democracy show its face once again.
edit on 12-8-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If only the republicans would back 1 candidate now! Ron Paul and simply say we are putting all of our faith and might into this proven leader. Obama wouldn't have a chance.

They won't they want him to win so they can run second place and mess with the winner.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm watching The Five, and they were talking about who they believe will win the straw poll. Then when they said they were going to see who the American people/online voters picked all that was said was, "Oh, we don't have that poll?"

Ugh. Really?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I was looking for Ron Paul forums and found this one, so I signed up and this is my first post. I'm not American but I believe Ron Paul is the last chance left for America to end corruption and US global militarism which will favorably impact the rest of the world.

I believe Ron Paul is Iran's worse nightmare. Why? Sure he'll pull US troops out of the middle east, BUT he will remove the leash that has held back Israel all these years. Remember his MOTTO: "America should just mind it's own business!".

You really think with all the US military technology Israel possesses they're gonna WAIT for the UN to give it permission to defend itself? Remember the Yom Kippur war, and how Isreal took on Egypt, Syria, Iraq and Jordan and utterly crushed them with a PREEMPTIVE attack (they didn't wait for an attack, they whacked all 3 of them BASED on intelligence of an upcoming attack!). Yeah, it's gonna be a repeat of that. What do you think Ron Paul would say to Israel?: "do whatever you feel is necessary to defend yourself, it's not our problem!"

Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

It means something alright. 11 is the number that represents our spiritual universal consciousness. World War 1 ended at the 11th hour, of the 11th day of the 11th month signifying a global conscious agreement to end the bloodshed. The twin towers fell, symbolizing the fall of the number 11 or an attack against our spiritual global consciousness. Ron Paul may have just changed the course of the his campaign American history after his debate last night on August 11! Whenever you wake up seeing the number 11 on the clock its your spiritual consciousness trying to make you aware of it. Sure, some may say "meh, that's just coincidence", but some believe it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by toolejitful

You're gonna do great here!

Welcome. Please be sure to check out the Introductions Forum.

We can always use more Ron Paul supporters!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Too bad, the Republicans hate Dr. Ron Paul. He has some brilliant ideas that a Progressive such as me can get behind.

I just listened to Paul's comments and he makes the most sense.

Bachmann and Romney don't understand economics. They keep spouting lies. Businesses are earning record profits.
edit on 12-8-2011 by ren1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ron Paul cleaned up.

Santorum makes me sick to my stomach -- dumber than rocks and much less useful. Brainless propaganda regurgitation machine, piece of human garbage that would be assassinated if America had a shred of patriotism left in its nationalistic core.

The main thing I took out of this "debate" though is that the election system is absolutely horrid.

We've come so far with technology and all we seem to be able to do is make the podiums look prettier.

Anytime a "mere civilian" has something to say in the 'debate', such as when it was said "Iran has killed millions of American soldiers!", and someone from the crowd shouted out "No, WE DID"; he was quickly silenced by the host. That's freedom of speech, folks. Talk all you want unless you want to make politics relate to reality.

Instead we move on to the same old "gay marriage" and "pro-life" rhetoric that lost its spark years ago and, really, if you can't ignore either of these whilst not performing them yourself, then how can you turn around and say you support Ron Paul? The only solution is to get rid of ALL marriage licensing and any silly totalitarian definitions that are attached to it. Mind your own business, right Ron Paul?
. It's pathetic that he actually had to say the overly rhetorically triumphant "I likez the menz with the womenz" crap before he got applause from the enthusiastically undereducated crowd.

I'm rather disappointed that nobody wagged their finger at the central banks for the entire debate, as well. What the hell? Maybe we should look at who was exploiting the American public throughout the entire recessing economic problem and turning ridiculous profits off of it? No?
edit on 12-8-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood
Instead we move on to the same old "gay marriage" and "pro-life" rhetoric that lost its spark years ago and, really, if you can't ignore either of these whilst not performing them yourself, then how can you turn around and say you support Ron Paul? The only solution is to get rid of ALL marriage licensing and any silly totalitarian definitions that are attached to it. Mind your own business, right Ron Paul?
. It's pathetic that he actually had to say the overly rhetorically triumphant "I likez the menz with the womenz" crap before he got applause from the enthusiastically undereducated crowd.

It is pathetic and he is pathetic. Hence he stands a good chance of getting elected

I'm rather disappointed that nobody wagged their finger at the central banks for the entire debate, as well. What the hell? Maybe we should look at who was exploiting the American public throughout the entire recessing economic problem and turning ridiculous profits off of it? No?

You want to lynch the bankers? Sure, you will get your opportunity. The stage has already been set.

Paul is being downplayed precisely to give him the image of an "anti-establishment" candidate. Remember the Obama campaign in the primaries? Very few had a clue to as to what was happening and who the guy is until he started winning the primaries and has been projected as the "hope of America". Paul's case will be the same. Once the "new hope of America" has been firmly established character assassination attempts will not succeed.

You remember the US$ 2.4 trillion cheque Congress gave Obama? Only the cheque will bounce shortly. When the "super Congress" fails to make any substantial changes to the taxes or to spending, as is inevitable, the US Credit rating will be downgraded and the banks will refuse to buy US Treasury bonds and probably attempt to sell off those that they already hold. The Fed too will refuse to buy new bonds and the US government will default on some payments, probably welfare. The "lynch the bankers" cry will go main stream. Then you can lynch the bankers. Fortunately for the US, there will be one knight in shining armour who understands the problem and knows how to fix it

edit on 13-8-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I want Ron Paul for president. The harsh reality is, that even if he wins the popular vote, the electoral college has the final say.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aberrant808
I want Ron Paul for president. The harsh reality is, that even if he wins the popular vote, the electoral college has the final say.

That's a sword that cuts both ways. He could lose popular vote and be elected President by the electoral college. Would you like that, if that happens?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
What everyone needs to do, and spread the word to others to follow suit, is to email, call, twitter, FB anything you can to slam Fox News for not giving Ron Paul the coverage he deserves. He was shining in the debate, he overwhelmingly won the poll, so it's time WE sent a message to MSM that WE want Paul to have equal coverage! Slam them, overrun their phone lines, do what you can to be a squeaky wheel in their machine!

Here is their email address:

[email protected]
edit on 12-8-2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

You should be aware that Fox News rejects my emails I send them after I sometime ago sent an email critical of their coverage. Now when I send an email it will come back marked "rejected by recipient". Fox news is just another NWO, MSM whore, IMO.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Anybody notice Michele Bachmann won by only 1 percentage point over Ron Paul?

I'm telling you that you're being lied to. Ron Paul won the Iowa Straw Poll.

He had the intelligent answers about the economy. Michele Bachmann just smiled a lot.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ren1999

I caught it too. You are 100% correct. The elite are getting so desperate, they're vote rigging against Ron Paul electronic ballots right out of the gate. Check this out: votefraud.org...

Gotta vote Ron Paul 2012 with paper ballot, NO COMPUTER, and demand to be shown proof that your vote was counted into the poll: you have the right to vote, but also the right to be proven that you're voted was legitimately counted. Spread the word, get this sucker done! Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by toolejitful

We all need to start speaking out against this. The GOP is pushing Ron Paul completely out and not acknowledging his popularity.

This is one of the reasons the U.S. may enter into a new civil war. Speak out against these people who are silencing Paul.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ren1999

Join the club:

www.ronpaulforums.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You are my hero! it worked.
You all ready made my short list, but you would have for sure with this banner and
great instructions to make it work. I am a techtard.
so thank you.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I just did...
I was glad to see that the "disclaimer" wasn't that long...I would have been a bit concerned if
I started to see any more 1st amendment restraints.

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join