It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE IOWA GOP DEBATE- Your reactions ATS?! *LIVE*

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

First, there are no democrat-friendly media outlets. There is a Republican-friendly network... and a bunch of other networks trying to keep up with the Republican-adoring network. There are no mainstream "liberal media" - a show, hereand there, but on a network scale, they just don't exist. Can that garbage.

Second, these pro-conservative networks slap Perry around because, well, he's a goddamned moron. Sometimes, even the fluffers realize something just isn't worth stroking, you know?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
"That will see you see some of the good work you saw with computer virus."

Sounds like a bad translation of an old Japanese video game.

Somebody set up us the economy! LOL

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Whether your a Ron Paul supporter or not. Fox News posted a poll about who the Debate winner was tonight in Iowa. Ron Paul was killing all other Presidential hopefuls and Fox News as they always do pulled the poll.

Fox News Poll that was Pulled.

It seems to me that anytime Ron Paul has the opportunity to shine Main Stream Media are always trying to cover it up. Fox is notorious for black listing Ron Paul anytime he shows up at the top of a poll or the American public wants to talk about him. Sadly I don't have any type of links proving that Fox News does this to him and him alone.

Ron Paul. He believes in the Constitution and the American People. He believes in our freedoms and is staring corruption dead in the face. He has no fear of what people think of him . He is a true believer in American Values. Everyone is bashing him for saying Iran should be allowed to make nukes. Well Why are only certain countries allowed to have nukes. Because America Says so. Nation!!! Ron Paul as much of a nut ball as you think this guy is. He believes in what our founding fathers believed in. More so than anyone in congress, more so than our president and more so than the other candidates. Ron Paul wants real change. He is trying to abolish corruption.

Americans are so brain washed that you just can't see a true American Patriot that believes not only in our moral values, our constitution, our freedoms but he believes in America and our Republic.We need a change. A fearless leader not afraid to lead. Not afraid to say no. A leader that will stand up for our country, our Republic and it's people. Ron Paul is that Leader. Ron Paul 2012.You want more of what Obama is giving you vote against Ron Paul and enjoy the corruption that is our government.

I am a true believer that Ron Paul is the only real change that will be possible when it comes to this country.

You know how I know. Because main stream media will not cover him. And when the GOV feels a threat they do whatever the can to protect themselves.

If you don't believe that main stream media is in on the big joke. Boy you are blind. Fox (the no spin zone) has done this to Paul numerous times. I have seen this on more than one occasion. Most of the time they won't even interview him.

Even if you don't agree with what I'm posting here. Doesn't it make you furious that the media will report only what they want you to see.

For this reason and this reason alone. I want Ron Paul to win the whole thing. Not only for the reasons listed above. But just to shun main stream media. I want to prove to them that Their no Spin Zone Doesn't fly with the American People.

If your a Ron Paul supporter help him with his campaign because the media sure as hell will not. Ron Paul kicked ass tonight on his debate. And told it like it was.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I am not a fan of Newt Gingrich, by any means. However, I give him a high-five for his handeling of the mousey questioner Chris Wallace in the debate. Wallace in his smirky manner shows what most viewers find repugnant from the media moguls.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I accidentally the economy?

How do I broke treasury?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
What everyone needs to do, and spread the word to others to follow suit, is to email, call, twitter, FB anything you can to slam Fox News for not giving Ron Paul the coverage he deserves. He was shining in the debate, he overwhelmingly won the poll, so it's time WE sent a message to MSM that WE want Paul to have equal coverage! Slam them, overrun their phone lines, do what you can to be a squeaky wheel in their machine!

Here is their email address:

[email protected]
edit on 12-8-2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

It just screams incompetence of the likes of Bush Jr, that a freaking presidential candidate can't manage to utter his sentences without resorting to a strange, unintentional form of lolspeak. Ron Paul is the only one making any sense about anything, the others are just quasi-coherently rambling about Obama, Gays and Abortion, did I forget to mention how I'm not Obama? I think I did... so... not Obama... OBAMA!!! I can haz vote?

OBAMA!!! I'M NOT HIM!

Not sure what to make of the sexual sounding question asked toward Bachmann, it seems that was the intent of the entire question, sexual trollage on national TV. Images of Michelle Bachmann in a dominatrix outfit flash through my mind just a fleeting second before I start thinking "Why not include Palin in this...", then another second goes by and I remember how ridiculous this all is in a scenario such as, say... a presidential debate.

I may be wrong though and America really does want in on Bachmann and her husbands dom/sub activities, I admit it has me a tad curious. /sarcasm

I think we really, REALLY need Ron Paul to win this one. It may be our last chance to recover our nation.
edit on 12-8-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
newt Gringrich wasn't that bad. he actually wanted to audit the fed and all that jazz, which ron paul applauded him for.

I wouldnt be surprised to see a newt/paul ticket.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bftroop
Whether your a Ron Paul supporter or not. Fox News posted a poll about who the Debate winner was tonight in Iowa. Ron Paul was killing all other Presidential hopefuls and Fox News as they always do pulled the poll.

Fox News Poll that was Pulled.

It seems to me that anytime Ron Paul has the opportunity to shine Main Stream Media are always trying to cover it up. Fox is notorious for black listing Ron Paul anytime he shows up at the top of a poll or the American public wants to talk about him. Sadly I don't have any type of links proving that Fox News does this to him and him alone.

I just heard about this here:
Fox News Ignores Their Own Poll

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
What everyone needs to do, and spread the word to others to follow suit, is to email, call, twitter, FB anything you can to slam Fox News for not giving Ron Paul the coverage he deserves. He was shining in the debate, he overwhelmingly won the poll, so it's time WE sent a message to MSM that WE want Paul to have equal coverage! Slam them, overrun their phone lines, do what you can to be a squeaky wheel in their machine!

Here is their email address:

[email protected]
edit on 12-8-2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

Thank you for that link!!

I sent them this:

Good Morning Fox News,

I would like to implore you to please begin giving Ron Paul the coverage that he deserves. He is dominating every online poll, he is a front-runner in campaign fundraising, he is winning the debates, and yet he is still marginalized? It is bad enough when CNBC and MSNBC completely falsify their polls and skip his name entirely. They will cover their own version of the top 3 contentors for the GOP without Paul's name, even though their sources list him on one of those top 3 spots, but we expect that kind of behavior from those liberal outlets. Fox News on the other hand is supposed to be "Fair and Balanced." Why the marginalization of Ron Paul?

I am not imploring you to report anything out of the ordinary. Actually, in today's media world, I suppose reporting the raw facts is out of the ordinary, so I am imploring you to rise above the media bias, and please report the facts and let the people decide for themselves. Report the raw numbers that show Ron Paul as one of the front runners. Report the data from your online polls. Report the success he is having with his fundraising activities. Report the rabid way his followers are flocking to his camp.

Mitt Romney, and Rick Perry are more of the same. Neither of those candidates are significantly different than Obama or any of the status quo. The Conservative side of America is looking for a Ron Paul, or a Herman Cain. We are tired of polished and plastic presidents that evade questions and spout talking points and sound bites. We want a true leader with a some ideas for real solutions, and a penchant for speaking the truth, even when it is uncomfortable. We want to hear the bad news for a change, and we want a chance to get the country back on track.

Please stop calling Mitt Romney the "most presidential" when all he was capable of doing in the debate was evading questions. There is nothing presidential about a teflon coating and a refusal to speak anything of substance.

Please give the correct and factual amount of credit to Ron Paul and the other Conservatives that are making a splash in this campaign!

Signed,

A True Conservative, not a Tea Party/Republican armchair Conservative

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Kudos! I actually went a little deeper than that. I blasted them for not giving Paul his due, and also told them I would champion the cause of boycott from Fox News if they continued to ignore the wishes of the people to see the true leaders in this race. I am spreading the word like wildfire to all I know to inundate Fox News and tell them the same. Maybe if they feel there is a chance they will lose viewers, they will stop their bias and report correctly!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Well said getreadyalready Star for you
even though i doubt they will read any of the emails but never give up on hope.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

First, there are no democrat-friendly media outlets. There is a Republican-friendly network... and a bunch of other networks trying to keep up with the Republican-adoring network. There are no mainstream "liberal media" - a show, hereand there, but on a network scale, they just don't exist. Can that garbage.

MSNBC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and ABC are all liberal leaning news networks. As a matter of fact, MSNBC's new slogan is "Leaning Forward", which mean 'progressive' liberalism. No, I will not can that garbage.

Second, these pro-conservative networks slap Perry around because, well, he's a goddamned moron. Sometimes, even the fluffers realize something just isn't worth stroking, you know?

CNN and MSNBC were ranting about Perry. I haven't seen a conservative network give their two cents.

edit on 8/12/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It's a bit surprising to hear everyone treating Fox News as if they were a legitimate news organization, and not a political propaganda and entertainment machine.

I encourage everyone to read Tim Dickinson's piece on Roger Ailes, the Fox News mastermind, which details the story of not only how the network came to be, but uses interviews with Fox insiders to provide a glimpse on how the network is run day-to-day.

www.rollingstone.com...

A long, detailed, fantastic and fascinating read, which demonstrates quite clearly how Roger Ailes rules Fox News with an iron fist, and shows very much how it is not anything remotely resembling an entity with journalistic integrity.

That was never, ever part of it's mission.

So yes -- of course they're going to pull the Ron Paul poll. Of course Hannity isn't going to talk about him. Of course they're going to try to brush him under the rug.

They're not a news organization. They do what they want, to further their agenda, and the agenda of the mainstream republican party.

Of course, having said all that, the polls everyone keeps pointing to are about as unscientific as you can get. We all know that Ron Paul has always had the most passionate supporters around. Those online polls are swarmed by his supporters, to the degree where they are so completely misrepresentative of the actual views and opinions of the american people as a whole, they're useless.

I mean, I could easily build an argument that Fox News is actually showing journalistic integrity by taking DOWN the poll. Ron Paul winning the debate by 50% of republican voters nationwide? Come on, I hope he gets the nod as much as anyone else here, but do you really believe that's accurate?

Really?
edit on 8/12/2011 by Pseudonaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

MSNBC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and ABC are all liberal leaning news networks. As a matter of fact, MSNBC's new slogan is "Leaning Forward", which mean 'progressive' liberalism. No, I will not can that garbage.

Yeah, don't can it -- say whatever you want. You're right on about MSNBC -- they are as blatantly liberal as a network I've ever seen, so I'm not sure what that other poster was talking about.

But as for NBC, CBS, CNN and ABC -- if you really, truly think that they push a liberal agenda, you're drinking your own kool-aid.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

Fox News is as mainstream as they get.

I agree, we no longer have any "news" outlets. All of the news organizations are motivated by economic impact of their coverage. They will support whoever them main advertisers tell them to support. If the RNC is a main advertiser, then the RNC poster child will get the support.

It isn't just Fox though, it is every major outlet.

As far as Ron Paul winning the debate. I can't believe it was only 50%. In my opinion he was a clear winner. I don't see how anyone watching the debate could have given any votes to Bachmann, Pawlenty, or Romney. I can see Cain and Gingrich getting some votes, but Ron Paul was the very clear winner, in my opinion, so 50% seems fair, and maybe even conservative!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I was about to say the same thing. The fact that Ron Paul did get his support (for the poll and all) in the first place I believe is in the true nature of democracy, not only that he might have passionate followers.

After listening to what he says, I'm convinced. I believe he actually knows what he is talking about and can help the American people. It's about time somebody started talking about bringing our boys and girls home with a bit more serious tone, it also helps that he appears to be a wise and kind man.

The fact that he seems to be downplayed by the media tells me he doesn't chase after anyone waving dollars and might actually be honest. (oh god, imagine that? would we even know it if we seen it?)

Just on MSNBC ticker:
"All Pres. Candidates take aim at Obama."
edit on 12-8-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
After looking over the online clips, I don't think anyone of them won last night. While the world was watching the debate, Texas Gov. Rick Perry announced that he has entered into the 2012 race.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry will beat them all.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Link To Poll

Switch to state view, it's all Ron Paul Green. I also agree that Newt came in second for scolding the FOX moderators for mickey mouse questions, on behalf of all candidates. I am no fan of Bachman for sure, but asking her if she was President would she be a submissive wife is a ludicrous question.
FOX is trying to create a comedy circus at these debates, and then after less then an hour they pull their own poll off the front page, that should be up there at least for 24 hours, just because they aren't liking the results. Even Goebbels would have be proud of the propaganda machine that FOX has become.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

28,838 Total Votes
Paul 15570
Gingrich 5048
Cain 2688
Bachmann 2024
Romney 2016
Santorum 878
Huntsman 344
Pawlenty 270
Votes as of 08:46 AM, 08/12/11

28,838 votes is about 10 times more than the typical Rasmussen or other Professional Poll. An online poll also has the added benefit of being voluntary on one's own time, where the professional phone polls are limited to those narrow few people that actually still have a landline, and are willing to answer the phone during dinner time, and talk to a stranger.

In my opinion, the online poll is much, much, much more accurate!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join