It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barefoot Bandit has been paid 1.3 million dollars for movie rights!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Who says crime doesn’t pay? Answer: someone who didn’t sell the movie rights to his crimes. THR reports that Colton Harris-Moore, the “Barefoot Bandit”, has signed a deal worth $1.3 million with 20th Century Fox. However, the money won’t go into Harris-Moore’s pocket but towards the $1.4 million he owes as restitution to his victims. Harris-Moore will write the script with Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black

collider.com...-108783

Too bad he will be a million short in his restitution payments!
I will admit it, I was rooting for this kid all the way. Sure crime is bad, but he was smart and sarcastic along the way and most importantly he NEVER hurt anyone!
in fact he gave money to a vet to go towards the care of animals!

On May 30 or 31, 2010, police found a handwritten note and US$100 at a veterinary clinic in Raymond, Washington, approximately 95 miles (150 km) southwest of Seattle. The note read:[19] Drove by, had some extra cash. Please use this money for the care of animals —Colton Harris-Moore, (AKA: "The Barefoot Bandit"), Camano Island, WA.

I also found it amusing that a teenager could elude capture for so long....
It will be another catch me if you can type movie!
edit on 11-8-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
How nice of him giving back and repenting for all the sins he committed. Well all is forgiven to the kid then

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
He can buy a lot of soap-on-a-rope with that kinda money.

new topics

join