It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3rd annual Mothman festival..be there or we'll just keep calling you....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yeah, thats right fans of crypto. The most baffling case in US history has its own festival and its right around the corner...

www.mothmanlives.com...

Come one, come all and see the life size statue of old Mothy as well as tour the TNT area where he was first spotted in Pt. Pleasant WVA. Also, stay the night in the famed and hauted Lowe Hotel. It promises to be a weekend of absolutly no sleep whatsoever.

I may go this year. I'm not that far away now. Anybody want to join me?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Cool, I grew up just a couple of hours from there, in KY.

I've actually been accross the bridge in PT Pleasant... it's weird going over it after seeing the movie...

I might try to make this trip too.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm in East KY now and have never been to Pt. Pleasant but did grow up here. I moved to Lexington for a few years and then came back. I do remember getting WSAZ out of Charleston/Huntington and seeing a special on their local newscast called. "Monsters, Mystery or Myth" when I was a kid. They discussed the Mothman and even had eye-witness accounts of more recent sightings at the time. I would guess that was the mid-70s nearly a decade after the Silver Bridge collapse. I know I was really young and after seeing it, didn't sleep for a week. They also covered various other Appalachia folklore monsters.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
no way astro..

I remember WSAZ... I used to watch Mr. Cartoon on that station !!!

I'm from Catlettsburg KY, spent a lot of time in Ashland and alos down in Greenup County !!!

too cool !! All of my family still lives in Ashland, I make it home 3-4 times a year for weekend visits. I'm in NW Ohio now...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yeah, way! I watched too. hey what the hell was "Beeper" anyway? Talk about a cryptid!

Being that close, I guess you have heard of the Rush Monster thats famed to live near Straight Creek? Thats around the Ashland Grayson area.

I have a couple good friends living in Ashland and Huntington now. I used to run around there back in the early 90s. I just moved back and learned that Chi-Chis is gone, as is Robby's nightclub. I wonder if the Sports Page on 29th street is still kickin'?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Yeah, way! I watched too. hey what the hell was "Beeper" anyway? Talk about a cryptid!

Being that close, I guess you have heard of the Rush Monster thats famed to live near Straight Creek? Thats around the Ashland Grayson area.

I have a couple good friends living in Ashland and Huntington now. I used to run around there back in the early 90s. I just moved back and learned that Chi-Chis is gone, as is Robby's nightclub. I wonder if the Sports Page on 29th street is still kickin'?

yeah.... Beeper.... Maybe I'll start a thread here on what he really is

I really missed Robbys after it was gone... now it's 2 clubs..
the Dancing Cowboy and The Club Next Door.... still a pretty good place though...

The Sports Page... ah yes... I was there in 96 and again in 98... I'd like to have all of those dollar bills back

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Okay okay.. one more post and then we'll get back on topic...

anyway, I thought that you guys might want to see this Beeper that Astro and I have been talking about..

here it is... do you know what it is ?

http://www.goodnewsllamas.com/hs-blazebeeper.jpg

this character was a side kick on an after school kids television show, Mr Cartoon...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
maybe some kind of strange clown/dog?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'll definitely be there. I"m about 20 miles south of Pt Pleasant on the Kanawha River. The bridges in Pt Pleasant aren't built on the original site. The original bridge crossed over into Ohio from over in town. If you go down on the old Main St, there's a small memorial there.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm currently in central WV, and I would love to go! However, school may get in the way, as it does so often

I was on Mr. Cartoon once, with my Brownie girl scout troop.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
hmm.. can anyone provide any links to this Mothman beast that is talked about? I remember watching the movie and being intrigued by it.. but have yet to fully understand the story behind this mythical beast.

top topics

join