It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In my dreams I fly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
How strange is this, in all my dreams its normal for me to fly whilst others in my dreams clearly cant, they are spooked out by it and they react much in the same way a person in reality would.

I had a very funny dream a while back when I was flying across town, as I do.
I was passing a market and I seen a book I was interested in. In mid air I stopped and looked down waiting until I thought nobody was looking.
The stall owner had his back turned and others were busy looking at other things so I dropped down out of the sky.
The problem was that the stall owner turned and caught me descending to earth.
Immediately he got on his knees and asked me if I was an angel. Damn I thought, what should I say. I didn’t want to disappoint him so I said yeah I’m an angel.
He starts asking me about philosophical questions about life etc. Anyway I end up going for a drink with him, as we are sitting down at a bar drinking a beer he turns and looks at me and says, “I cant believe this I’m sitting with an angel at a bar drinking a beer!”.

So how strange is this lol

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The ego is strong with this one...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

But I dont have a big ego!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

No? Then what is it within you that prompted you to share this dream of yours? There is no prediction therein, or any noteworthy news, nor do you speculate on what the dream means. You simply share that you had a dream in which you fly, others can't, and you were thought to be an angel. Ego doesn't equal "bad"...I just don't see this as being anything else.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Thats really cool! I have never flown in a dream although I wish I could. I was drawn to your thread because I have a weird talent in my dreams as well, it appears that in my dream world, my puppy and I both have the ability to breathe under water. I look foward to hearing more about your dreams!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I learned to add flying as normal behavior in dreams over time through dream journals and positive reinforcement. Your dream sounded fun I was totally there visualizing it. Thanks for the post.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I remember reading about dreams .
Flying in your dreams is a sign of insecurity .

Reality check

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have the same ability in all of my dreams, no matter how fantastic or lifelike.
When you first started flying was it tiresome like swimming through air? It was that way for me.
Then one dream, an old man in a brown suit and brown derby hat gave me his ancient book and taught me how to really soar.

Cool that somebody else knows the feeling. I would like to talk more about this, as nobody in my immediate circle can relate.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
I have the same ability in all of my dreams, no matter how fantastic or lifelike.
When you first started flying was it tiresome like swimming through air? It was that way for me.
Then one dream, an old man in a brown suit and brown derby hat gave me his ancient book and taught me how to really soar.

Cool that somebody else knows the feeling. I would like to talk more about this, as nobody in my immediate circle can relate.

I had a glimpse of someone who sounds like this in an altered state meditation it seemed so real the leathery or weathered part of his face was very striking it was in a dusty desert area.

When I first started flying during lucid dreaming I felt the source originate in the Dantien or belly region. It has since become learned behavior. Can't believe how many unhappy negative people hating on the op this is interesting. Guess they have nothing better to do than troll a thread about dreams when clearly they have no desire to actually be involved.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I know the exact feeling also. It's something I always dream about, and it really feels real every time. I feel it more in my chest, and it does feel like I'm swimming through the air. Sometimes I don't go that high though cuz it starts to feel like I'm losing control and will just keep floating up. Idk it's weird but it really is interesting that someone else is describing exactly the same things I feel while I feel like I'm flying in my dreams lol

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more in regard to the trolling and negativity.

The old man has stuck with me for the better part of seventeen years now. I can never forget him. At the risk of delving into the unknown, I sincerely believe he was an entity and not of my immagination.

If you could recall any more details of him, I would like to hear. Even in private mssg. I left some details out to see if others may have encountered him.

One of the most profound things is what he replied when I asked his name, if you have encountered him you may know the answer. I think it may be the same answer to everybody.

There is much more to dreams than most can accept.

This was supposed to be a reply to Shirak.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Bobaganoosh because: wrong button.

edit on 12-8-2011 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by davewr25

That is awesome. I know exactly the loss of control to which you refer. It is as if you know your boundaries and should you stray, you will be lost forever.

I've often attributed this feeling to the moment between sleep and awakening. It is so difficult to relinquish my grip on what I consider to be real in pursuit of the great beyond. I often wonder if I could bring myself to pass this subconsious boundary, could I wake up in an alternate reality?

*Side note to the OP, Thank you for opening this thread. I'm not trying to derail it in any way. I have never had a chance to talk of these dreams with anybody who could relate.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

For me it's never anywhere near when I wake up... It's always in the deepest sleep I can get, and I always try and figure out what it could mean. I've seriously had dreams where I can fly since I was a little kid, and there's been multiple instances where I've tried to search online for like interpretations but the supposed causes of the dreams never seem to apply to me. I have always wondered if there's some kind of significance to them that I may be missing.

I've had two of these dreams this week after a while of not having any, so it was really weird to see this thread today. In some of the dreams I am just flying around because I can, but in others I'm using it to escape from someone or something.

That's a really interesting thought that I've never even considered as far as what would actually happen if I did go to high. The problem is that the dreams seem so real that I actually do get scared to go too high lol.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Ok a prediction your looking for, well this is more for the future because it contradicts what you are taught in school. It relates to the Sun. At school you are told that the Sun is made of gas and as you approach the core of the Sun density increases due to gravitational compression.

One night in a dream I went right up through the roof of my house rocketing up into the upper atmosphere where I paused for a bit. I turned to the Sun and went right through it! As I travelled through the Sun I seen how it was made of layers or strata much like the clouds form at layers. The Sun was layered a bit like an onion where the gases formed different density bands. As I approached the centre of the Sun these bands had different colours until I went through the last band and was surprised. At the centre of the sun there is darkness, black, peace and silence like the eye of a tornado. I also realised that this blackness is the gateway to the inner universe or that it is not really in our space time, a star gate......anyway I don't think Science will confirm this in your lifetime.

And my question if you read correctly was is it normal to be flying around in your dreams as a normal activity ie in most my dreams I fly to get from place to place.

edit on 12-8-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by davewr25

Haha, sounds exactly like my dreams. First I feel the force in my chest and I start to deep breathe then the force travels to the palms of my hands and I usually open my arms out and face the palms down to get off the ground. It takes a massive effort to get off the ground and sometimes I just hover off the ground and move as if I was on a skate board.

When I first started to go higher it was very scary as I would loose control and almost crash into buildings, I would wakeup just before I hit the building. I have noticed that when I am sick I loose the ability to fly in my dreams also.

Strangely enough in some of my dreams I am also chasing something. The strangest thing is the thing I am chasing I am usually frightened of so often asked myself the question shouldn't I be going in the opposite direction! One night I met what I was chasing, it was a dark shadow an evil creature I cornered, it wanted me dead,a battle resulted.

Also I have met an instructor or teacher in my dream, I cannot remember his face because he wont allow me to. One day I was walking down a street when somebody behind me shouted out a name, I quickly spun on my heel to see who said it. Thats when I first met him, he said "so you do remember your name" and smiled.....the name he called out was not my usual name i.e. the one my parents gave me.
edit on 12-8-2011 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Having fun. Pretty soon aliens will attack you and you will be turned into a reassembling zombie. Its still kinda fun, you can like blow your own brains out and resurrect instantly. But you lose your sense of free will =\.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
I couldn't agree with you more in regard to the trolling and negativity.

The old man has stuck with me for the better part of seventeen years now. I can never forget him. At the risk of delving into the unknown, I sincerely believe he was an entity and not of my immagination.

If you could recall any more details of him, I would like to hear. Even in private mssg. I left some details out to see if others may have encountered him.

One of the most profound things is what he replied when I asked his name, if you have encountered him you may know the answer. I think it may be the same answer to everybody.

There is much more to dreams than most can accept.

This was supposed to be a reply to Shirak.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Bobaganoosh because: wrong button.

edit on 12-8-2011 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

We did not speak I saw his weathered face the lines were prominent. The place he was was very dusty tanned and seemed to be near a road in a dry area. With a small town near or behind.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I often fly in dreams, it is usually when I am being chased or want to get away from something. It feels like a large effort to get off the ground and I can't always get off the ground when I feel like I want to. Then it is like a gliding effect and I eventually come back down to earth. It is a very unusual feeling, especially for a dream, it certainly feels very real.

I believe there is meaning to this dream, nothing of significance to anybody else, just me. I think it is probably a sign of anxiety and being trapped in a situation of which you want to get out of.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
i've had flying, levitating, and hovering dreams, all with different themes, and environments, first flying dream was at age 4, but it was more gliding on swirling air.

I've read many times, it's a sign of getting over a problem, not "insecurity" as a troll face above stated, that's a pure out right lie.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I've been flying in my dreams for awhile now too, its a pretty great feeling!

I do notice, before i wake up, my power goes away, and i become very upset. Then i'll wake up and just be bummed. Waking up is the worse part about lucid dreaming...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join