It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon, Mars, Earth Chemtrail Connection (Vid)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
As I said its plausible, not necessarily true.

That's the issue though, it's not plausible. Hell, it's not even possible.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
For what it is worth here is a pdf from the University of Utah on moon mining: I found it very interesting. Who knows maybe they already are mining the moon. Japan OR us even.

Remember too, our govt does not always tell us things until years later .

bfi.utah.edu...
edit on 15-8-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The video claims that the moon is already being mined but he provides no evidence.

The resources needed to even launch a rocket to the moon and return ore would be so vast - billions of dollars and thousands of engineers, scientists and other workers that it would be impossible to keep secret.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
Remember too, our govt does not always tell us things until years later .

Yes but not being told something doesn't mean you have to give up on critical analysis of what is possible.

That's the main problem around here - people jsut don't think critically - if something amazing would make the fantastic possible, then the group think seems to be that obviously the amazing and fantastic are both happening and no further attempt to see whether tye relate to reality is made!

so let's have a look at that link of yours - what does it actually say?

It says that a few people have created a case why "we" should establish permanent bases on the moon.

it does not say that it is happening now, nor that it could happen in a short time frame.

It does mention mining helium 3 and rare earths, and returnign the rare earths to ..wwe.....the Earth..!!
But then of course there actually isn't any shortage of "rare earths" on earth at all anyway - they are relatively common but the availability of cheap materials from China has resulted in other sources not being exploited - this is something that is being turned around for well known reasons - old mines are reopening, and many countries are looking at alternative sources from Vietnam to Pacific seabed mud!!

Using helium 3 for power is, of course, still a fantasy - albeit I'm sure we all hope the billions of $$'s being spent on fusion will come through sooner rathe than later!!

It is in response to the possibility that an asteroid might hit earth in 2036, and the need to establish a moon-based system to deflect that asteroid - because lifting the required materials from earth would be impractical.

In short, your paper is essentially a lobbyists case for returning to the moon.

It really has little or no technical information on how it might be done, beyond platitudes along the lines and techological level of "we have the technology now", "water on the moon makes it possible", "we can make shelters out of regolith and rock", etc.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

... not being told something doesn't mean you have to give up on critical analysis of what is possible

Gotcha..

I seem to be learning a lot from you lately but I 'd bet I've been your worse student --sorry ..lol....
Appreciate ya!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join