It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christain or not; Mark of the Beast parable is playing out now and you've already got it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You start with a comment like

The Mark of the beast is a face (forehead) or thumb print (right hand) scan.
and expect everybody to fall over backwards?

Making an a priori statement about what the Mark of the Beast is, doesn't help.
Provide some evidence, both biblically and scientifically, as to why you think THIS particular theory is the Mark, then I'll listen.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The mark of the beast is literal, it is not allegorical as some would believe. The reason I believe this, is due to the nature of the mark. People cannot buy or sell without it.

The mark of the beast can only come into play after the beast comes into play.

REV 12:13 And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. Men worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, "Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?"

REV 13:5 The beast was given a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority for forty-two months. He opened his mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven. He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation. All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.

The final beast (kingdom) is the combination of a former nation (wounded head that is restored) and six current nations at the time of the beasts rising. This final kingdom only has authority for 42 months, it is very short lived. I believe that the begining of it's authority coincides with the abomination that causes desolation, spoken of by the prophet Daniel.

I am only speculating at this point, but I believe an event on a global scale will usher in this final beast kingdom with the antichrist at it's head.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Jews couldn't buy or sell without the Star of David, under Hitler. While I don't believe he was THE antichrist, I wouldn't be hard-pressed to believe he was A antichrist. There's always some nutjob that wants to control and track your everyday life. So, could someone be using this stuff LIKE the mark of the beast without actually being the creature we're so worried about? Certainly. Never trust Big Brother to be harmless.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The mark of the beast is the currency that is used to buy and sell. It is a carbon credit. Carbon is a symbol for the humans that will be traded.

Carbon is the element of life. 6 neutrons, 6 protons, 6 electrons. UNESCO has claimed the biosphere reserves around the world under a UN mandate. The reserves are the reserve currency of carbon emissions. The mark will be implanted in your hand or in your forehead as stated in the King James. It will be a chip that tracks your carbon credits.

Worship the beast will be worshiping the the 10 nations that make up "The Ten" in Europe under the leadership of Rome. Do some research on 'The Ten' in Europe. They are nearly set to jump into the limelight of destiny. The Beast will be a system of computers that run the system of commerce and slavery. Germany leads the way--Thus the 'mark'.

edit on 11-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

"If something has been imposed on you by force, deception, or any kind of trickery, then it's not a genuine sign of loyalty, is it? It only works, as a sign of loyalty, if it is received consciously and willingly. I have a thread on this; "

Who's forcing you to get a license? To have a facebook account? Or a webcam? Flikr account? By the time you see it's a losing battle, denying truth, it's too late. That's the point. Who wouldn't protest going to hell? Try framing the scenario for me: those people who choose to go to hell because they like it better than Eternity as Truth and Love?

No one is tricking you. Except yourself of course if you think you aren't under wiling delusion with regards to the condition of our souls.

It's all just two murderers preaching to each other on death row. Judgment and delusion.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusLives

So once the antichrist is revealed he will snap his fingers and magically everyone will be chipped. You think it would be that obvious? I hope so. Would make it super easy to avoid. Hell i can be totally evil up until they roll the mark out and then just not get the mark. Or peel it off.

Sounds good. But logistically not possible. You see, the mark isn't some supernatural magic trick. It's literal. And I'm not just suggesting that facial recognition and the associated datastore required to store unique identifiers for every individual on the planet and deliver matches and related data would be one way of doing it. I'm saying that until now the idea of it was magical or supernatural. Now it's possible and most of the infrastructure to run it is in place. I mean you've got a facebook account right? Use google? Have a credit card or phone? You'll be hearing lots more about facial recognition in the near future. Mostly hearing about what already exists.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ray1850

I honestly don't consider myself a Christian. But thanks for sharing your hatred for a group of people that exist mostly in your imagination. I mean.. unless you have a personal relationship the approx billion self-proclaimed Christians on this planet.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
I have come to the conclusion that John of Revelation saw 3 symbols that happened to look like 666 in Greek letters.

Not that 666 doesn't have it's own meaning ie Carbon based bodies verses the 616 Graphene (bucky balls) based bodies that we are supposed to be getting.

The 3 symbols are I believe; the 600/ Chi is the 'Nazi swastika', 60/Xi is 'C3I' the satellite targeting system that Monarch handlers use on their slaves and 6/sigma is either C or F (for Fema?? I'm not sure of the last symbol.)
(The Islamic connection according to Chuck Missler is a mistake I think.)

Many people will want the C3I tattoo/chip, due to the fact they want the Government to rescue them from the so called abductions (raptures), except the rescuers will be the abductors and slave masters.

I have reason to believe like Churchill we haven't seen the last of the Nazis yet. He was sure WWIII would involve them.

And you don't have be a Christian to read Revelation nor a Mayan to read the Mayan prophecies, etc
just open minded.

For all the people out there that believe the mark is a "chip" or tattoo.. Why bother? What do you think the advantage of a chip is over 100% accurate facial recognition? The only reason to have a chip or a tattoo or ANYTHING physical would be to store a UNIQUE IDENTIFIER that would be associated to your data store (bank account, licenses, health records, criminal history, facebook/social graph etc.). But why would a group/government attempt to physically modify everyone in the world when there is no need to? When you think about that you will come to the conclusion that wondering about what the chip will look like is a waste of time.

If you are in the system you are willingly and knowingly marked.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
Considering that I'm one of the Christians who thoroughly believes that the majority of Revelation happened closer to the time of Christ, rather than we're still waiting on it, a la Dante's Inferno, no, I don't believe that we're going to see The Mark of the Beast any time soon...or ever, for that matter.

Denying the seasons of Reality is like denying the season's of the Northern or Southern hemispheres.

Shift Happens.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I tend to think that our modern upheval has has much to do with: Sacrificing our children on the Altar of Convenience, as it does with an Antichrist.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by rwfresh

If you think about what the Mark of the Beast does, in Revelation, you will realise that it cannot possibly be something which is received unconsciously.

The Mark is something accepted as a sign of loyalty to the Beast. On the that basis (Revelation ch14) God takes it as a sign of hostility to himself and treats the recipients according.

If something has been imposed on you by force, deception, or any kind of trickery, then it's not a genuine sign of loyalty, is it? It only works, as a sign of loyalty, if it is received consciously and willingly. I have a thread on this;
The Mark of the Beast

Therefore your theory is unthinking scaremongering.

I agree with this.

I do not think the OP really put much thought into his topic and his just trying to make Christians look stupid there by turning people away from God. Most likely an atheist Jesus hater.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Because it's the most logistically possible way.

The only purpose of a mark is to attach a unique identifier to a person. The unique identifier is used to lookup information on a person without needing them to communicate it. You can store a facial or thumb scan as a "HASH". A string of characters. Each string of characters is unique to each person.

Go read about facial recognition technology. Or read one of the supplied articles to see how Facebook uses it. You have your face scanned with your webcam or from supplied pic. Your face's hash is stored in your fb profile. Someone posts a photo of you, and they run recognition against it. You hash is calculated from the pic and then your profile is associated to the picture. Get it? This exists now on facebook. But believe me, this is NOTHING new. You can go scan your face right now and facebook and have a great old time. It's fun and convenient. Then people don't have to type your name when they tag you in a photo. Facebook does it for you. A very innocent application of the technology for sure.

Now you are drunk driving without any id and a stolen car. Cops pull you over and scan your face with their iPhone (see supplied article in OP). Your hash is calculated and your profile is pulled up along with your facebook account, the pictures, your license, your criminal record, your banking records. Make sense?

I'm not here to argue about FB either. Just giving you a scenario. The names of these organizations is completely irrelevant. Point is, the network and tech is in place. CCTV is everywhere. Your cooperation is not required. It's done.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
The mark of the beast is the currency that is used to buy and sell. It is a carbon credit. Carbon is a symbol for the humans that will be traded.

Carbon is the element of life. 6 neutrons, 6 protons, 6 electrons. UNESCO has claimed the biosphere reserves around the world under a UN mandate. The reserves are the reserve currency of carbon emissions. The mark will be implanted in your hand or in your forehead as stated in the King James. It will be a chip that tracks your carbon credits.

Worship the beast will be worshiping the the 10 nations that make up "The Ten" in Europe under the leadership of Rome. Do some research on 'The Ten' in Europe. They are nearly set to jump into the limelight of destiny. The Beast will be a system of computers that run the system of commerce and slavery. Germany leads the way--Thus the 'mark'.

WHY physically modify people for a unique identifier? What is the advantage of a physical chip or tattoo over a easily calculated 100% unique identifier with a picture or camera?

Cameras are everywhere already. Why a chip? what for? The purpose is to force you into a system of commerce. If you comply within a system of commerce (you ALREADY HAVE) then your movement, your EVERYTHING is under complete control. No need to waste time, resources on chips.. that can break, malfunction, be removed or destroyed. You want to buy something? Your face is scanned, hash calculated and bank transaction authorized. You want to get on a plane? Face scanned, hash calculated and passport pulled up. Location record inserted. You want to have a phone? Look into your camera and enable it (android and iPhone have this now).

All of this is in place. It's not all mandatory, it's not mandatory to look into your webcam before you go online. It's not mandatory to enable/wake up your phone. Cash is allowed for most physical purchases still. But it's nice that the mandatory system is in place for emergency's like terror attacks or "hacker" attacks... Just incase.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
I tend to think that our modern upheval has has much to do with: Sacrificing our children on the Altar of Convenience, as it does with an Antichrist.

Lots of Jewish people felt like that until Hitler came along. Then things got a little more specific.

There is a physical system in place to store records about everyone in the world, anyone in the modern world of convenience anyway, and relate those records to a PHYSICAL person through a hash generated from a face/retinal and or finger print scan.

When one power has majority control over that system, and commerce through that system is made mandatory one way or another, there will be a strong likelyhood of dictatorship on a level of Evilness one might associate to the literal AntiChrist.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

reply to post by rwfresh

If you think about what the Mark of the Beast does, in Revelation, you will realise that it cannot possibly be something which is received unconsciously.

The Mark is something accepted as a sign of loyalty to the Beast. On the that basis (Revelation ch14) God takes it as a sign of hostility to himself and treats the recipients according.

If something has been imposed on you by force, deception, or any kind of trickery, then it's not a genuine sign of loyalty, is it? It only works, as a sign of loyalty, if it is received consciously and willingly. I have a thread on this;
The Mark of the Beast

I agree with this.

I do not think the OP really put much thought into his topic and his just trying to make Christians look stupid there by turning people away from God. Most likely an atheist Jesus hater.

Not sure how my post gave you that impression. I would HATE to be responsible for turning anyone away from God, although i don't actually believe i have the ability. Also, i don't consider myself a traditional Christian and i am a Jesus Lover. I love LOVE.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

"If something has been imposed on you by force, deception, or any kind of trickery"

Who's forcing you to get a license? To have a facebook account? Or a webcam? Flikr account?.

My main point here was not the force, but the "deception or trickery", and you're evading that point.

The Mark of the Beast is supposed to be a consciously accepted sign of loyalty to someone claiming to be the returned Christ. Do the people offering licences or facebook accounts or webcams tell the people who are receiving them that these things are signs of loyalty to and acceptance of a man claimng to be the returned Christ? No, they don't. If these things are the "Mark", they can only be the Mark without the knowledge of the people receiving them, and that comes into the category of trickery and deception. If they are not consciously signs of loyalty, they cannot be signs of loyalty at all.

In my thread on the subject, I have already given a guaranteed method of identifying the Mark of the Beast, in two stages.
1) Look around the world and identify a world leader who is openly claiming to be the returned Christ. That is the Beast.
2) Observe what symbol or behaviour that leader is using to identify those who are loyal to himself. That is the Mark of the Beast.
As I said at the time, if the process is carried out in that order, and the second stage is not even attempted until the first stage has been successfully completed, then the method is infallible.

edit on 12-8-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

reply to post by rwfresh

The Mark of the Beast

I agree with this.

Not sure how my post gave you that impression. I would HATE to be responsible for turning anyone away from God, although i don't actually believe i have the ability. Also, i don't consider myself a traditional Christian and i am a Jesus Lover. I love LOVE.

Ok well that's good to hear but if i was you i'd stop worrying about the mark of the beast.

We will KNOW when its here, there will be no uncertainty about what it is. you can be assured of that.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

How can the mark of the beast be a thumbprint or forehead scan I dont really get what your trying to say because how I take it everyone in the world has the mark

I was told long time ago that it will be a barcode and they will implement it on everyone and if you dont get it you cant buy food or anything anywhere
edit on 12-8-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

You wrote:

["The final beast (kingdom) is the combination of a former nation (wounded head that is restored) and six current nations at the time of the beasts rising. This final kingdom only has authority for 42 months, it is very short lived. I believe that the begining of it's authority coincides with the abomination that causes desolation, spoken of by the prophet Daniel."]

To exchange one self-proclaimed authority with another self-proclaimed authority is ofcourse the only optional answer for the collective of self-proclaimed authorities. Be it groups or individuals presenting this 'answer'.

Self-proclaimed authorities have always used whatever means at their disposal. Initially brute force, in the dark ages of christianity nation-wide indoctrination (similarly used in nazi-germany and Sovjet) and recently the currency of knowledge and technology have become THE tool to manipulate and control the sheeple.

But the tools are not the real problem, ....elitist, monopoly-seeking missionaries of self-proclaimed authority are. And until they are told to chill down, there's no solution in sight.

Citing from your mythological manual is not the cure. It's part of the illness....marks or no marks.

edit on 12-8-2011 by bogomil because: addition, syntax

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
You could be right. The chip is handy for tracking by satellite. It's all about monitoring and control. LINK There is also a new technology that may be used. It's on the front page of the Drudge report right now. LINK

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

WHY physically modify people for a unique identifier? What is the advantage of a physical chip or tattoo over a easily calculated 100% unique identifier with a picture or camera?

Cameras are everywhere already. Why a chip? what for? The purpose is to force you into a system of commerce. If you comply within a system of commerce (you ALREADY HAVE) then your movement, your EVERYTHING is under complete control. No need to waste time, resources on chips.. that can break, malfunction, be removed or destroyed. You want to buy something? Your face is scanned, hash calculated and bank transaction authorized. You want to get on a plane? Face scanned, hash calculated and passport pulled up. Location record inserted. You want to have a phone? Look into your camera and enable it (android and iPhone have this now).

All of this is in place. It's not all mandatory, it's not mandatory to look into your webcam before you go online. It's not mandatory to enable/wake up your phone. Cash is allowed for most physical purchases still. But it's nice that the mandatory system is in place for emergency's like terror attacks or "hacker" attacks... Just incase.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join