It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neo-Nazis tricked by T-shirts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

BERLIN - Festival goers at a nationalist, right-wing concert in Germany were taken by surprise when souvenir T-shirts they were given had a secret anti-far right message that emerged only after being washed. The slogan on the shirts first read “hardcore rebels” along with a skull and nationalist flags. But once washed the slogan turned into a message from a group offering help to right-wing extremists break away from the neo-Nazi scene. “If your t-shirt can do it, you can do it too — we’ll help you get away from right-wing extremism,” reads the slogan on the shirts after their first washing.

I found this absolutely hysterical and also a nice positive message. 'If your t-shirt can do it, you can do it too' may be assuming a bit much in my opinion. The t-shirt probably has about double the IQ of your average neo nazi. I think this is a much better way to confront bigotry than standing outside the gates screaming that you hope all neo nazis get killed. Helps to drive the message home when there is a bit of humor and non violence.

Link
edit on 11-8-2011 by Domo1 because: added link

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Thats is so awsome.

A very brilliant idea... to bad he didnt make the jab a little more vicious. Not gonna get a chance like that again...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

See I actually like that it wasn't vicious. I think it drives the point home that you don't have to be. If it said death to nazis or something it would be hypocritical in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
As long as we're at it, "You can do it if you try, Turn away from homosexuality today!" would be great for the next mardi gras.

Thanks for the ideas.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by klenker
As long as we're at it, "You can do it if you try, Turn away from homosexuality today!" would be great for the next mardi gras.

Thanks for the ideas.

Yeah, except, some one can help whether or not they are neo-nazi....

So.... whats your point?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by klenker

Implying that being a Neo Nazi is at all similar to being a homosexual. Being a neo nazi IS actually a choice. There is no reason why someone has to remain intolerant their whole lives.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
LOL

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'd love to know who made the actual shirts, and how easy / difficult it is to make them? Maybe they just use a liquid of sorts like fluorescent water? If I could buy that in a bottle, I'd have some serious fun pranking people, who will only find out the next time they do a load!

edit on 11-8-2011 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
i happen to know some to whom that wouldnt work on.

they never wash their clothes anyway.

unless spilled beer can have the same effect

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
While I admittedly think this is cool, I hope this doesn't become a trend. If I bought a Tshirt and it no longer represented what I wanted it to, I would be be ticked. I applaud how clever it is, and appreciate the nonviolent tactics, but let's not have this become commonplace.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Reply to post by lpowell0627

the shirts were given, not sold.

people love their free stuff

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I feel sorry for the guys who supplied the T-shirts.. the Neo's are not the most educated but among the most armed and VIOLENT..oh, and vengeful.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Im sre they did a good job disguising actual identities. I hope so at least.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
How about "Turn away from atheism?"

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Haha, I liked that. I suppose I base my opinion of anyone's actions on what my own actions would be in a given situation, and due to this I just cannot understand the mentality of anyone who joins one of these hate groups. There is absolutely zero evidence that any race is superior or inferior to any other...None.

Actions are enacted on an individual basis, and just because one person of a particular race or origin acts a certain way, does not mean it is okay to stereotype and start a hate group to voice one's uneducated opinions. It is absolutely absurd, and accomplishes absolutely nothing.

I wish the people that expend this kind of energy on worthless causes would unite for the common good...good that is actually, well, good. Not hate. This T-shirt idea, when brainstormed, could have resulted in a hate message in itself, but the higher path was taken, offering to help those who have obviously lost their moral path and need help to find it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
great - they wear a neo-nazi t-shirt...next day they wash it, see the slogan and trash it...

i dont think that has any impact on them besides the fact they got cheated...nothing more, no neo nazi will change after beeing punked by a t-shirt....i think that will only boost their hate...

heres the t-shirt:
mobil.wochenblatt.de...
edit on 12-8-2011 by Hessdalen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

That is awesome and very funny

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If just one person takes up the offer, then all the cost and trouble these folks went to will be worth it. Well done!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by klenker

Thanks for the ideas.

Mardi Gras is still a Hetero dominated party. What you're looking for is the Decadence Festival. You know, the thing that has been cancelled due to Katrina and Gustav? Should know, that's my culture you're confusing.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandella1099
How about "Turn away from atheism?"

Would work better with:
Either this universe is Eternal or the cause of the universe is Eternal. Worship what you will.
Or:
The Big Bang created nothing. It could only transform the matter and energy already in eixtence, so what created that?

Thought-provokers are more likely to get a response.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join