It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top ten myths about introverts

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
After reading this, I am now completely convinced that I am an introvert...

and I wouldn't have it any other way =)

Thank you for sharing!!!

~Quyll

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

I used to be an extrovert, this is not just a claim that my whole mind and the way it works changed. up until about a year ago I was very outgoing, always talking about # and coming out with facts about things that were pointless, I would thrive on peoples company and spend a lot of time in public, I would be so energetic and run around everywhere, I used to not think "why is that like that" or "what is that for" but just accept things simply as "because they are". I did not notice this until last month when I had a visit from my mothers old friend who used to look after me ten years ago and she mentioned how quiet I had become and how I never spoke! I went away with her for a week to try fix it and be me again but every time people would talk to me I would have absolutely nothing to say and my mind would go blank on me. I grew up in one of those poor environments where everyone would talk to each other all the time and it was usually pointless rubbish but I knew what to say and never stopped talking.
That was then! Now I try to avoid conversations I don't care about, avoid public places and prefer to be left alone, I question the system and do not follow anyone's style or taste in music like the other phonies! I cannot go back to being an extrovert but the one thing on this list that does not match me is the part about introverts not being thrill seekers because I love doing things that others wouldn't and I enjoy the thrill and adrenaline that comes with that.

My question is this: Is it possible to become and introvert from being an extrovert?
I believe it is to do woth surroundings and is possible to switch between them but it takes time!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamAnt

Sounds a lot like me.

I don't feel bad for being an introvert.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Wow!!!
I realized a lot about myself while reading that. Kind of helped me come to peace (only a little) with a current situation that I'm going through.
In a professional setting though, I usually have jobs related directly to interacting with people, so I've gotten really, REALLY good at pretending to be an extrovert. It's almost a science.
But, doing so does take a terrible toll on your "Go Get 'Em" attitude.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
That's quite true of me really. I'm just forced to act like an extravert due to constant pressure and social expectations.

I know exactly how you feel brother, keep on trekking, and we will make it out of the fray one day.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join