It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Men Going Extinct?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I like how real conception is like the complete opposite of the Bible version. Female is actually the "default" sex of humans. "Men are genetically modified women" I love that! Just another demonstration that Bible was written by guys with a superiority complex.

Also, this is yet another good reason for gene modification. Whether gene modification is morally questionable or not, doesn't matter one bit if humanity's survival depended on it. Humans don't have an obligation to not interfere with "the nature". Actually the only obligation humans (as well as any other existing living organism) have is to survive, by any means necessary. And now for the first time in the history of this planet, a race is close to finding the means to alter their own evolution, which means they can rise above their natural limitations.

Just think about the absurdity of a situtation where a race of intelligent beings finally created the tools to alter their own evolution and prevent their own natural extinction that once looked inevitable. But they never used those tools because "it would've been really bad and morally wrong". So they went extinct. That would be silly!
edit on 12-8-2011 by famalhut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
So let me get this straight...

As the years pass, there will gradually be more women than men?

You won't see me complaining =P

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Well that's a step up on the naturally occurring state of parthenogenesis within a variety of several species. Very interesting.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Men aren't going anywhere.

Masculinity? Maybe.
Machoism? Hopefully.

But men? No, we'll be around for a while still.
Our numbers may ebb and flow, but our presence shall remain.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
OMG Men and becoming extinct ! Well we can't let that happen now can we? We need to make more.. right now! Since there is apparently a shortage of men, I will volunteer myself to procreate with as many women as it takes to do my fair part to restore the balence. Come and get me ladies, together we can save humanity !

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You evil genius, you!
Wish I'd thought of that.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Unfortunately I've already done my part...2 boys and 1 girl. Though I'm certainly not against being 'put back to work' if it means saving humanity of course.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dashdragon

Unfortunately I've already done my part...2 boys and 1 girl. Though I'm certainly not against being 'put back to work' if it means saving humanity of course.

I got 2 boys, no girls, my brother has 1 boy, no girls, and my wife's sister has 1 boy, no girls. We are doing our part as well!! My Dad had 2 boys, no girls, and his dad had 3 boys, no girls. This male bloodline will live on!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You guys may just be overdoing your part. I imagine you would be very popular in China boasting a track record like that.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I know, and I have been trying to loan my services out to my wife's other friends, but no takers so far.
i promise a 100% boy guarantee. If we don't get it right the first time, I'll keep doing it until we do. I can't believe there hasn't been any takers yet?
edit on 12-8-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I can't believe how brave and selfless you are. No thought of yourself, just doing what needs to be done to save us males from being eradicated in 150k years. You humble me Sir.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Lol very good....this entire post has been, errr, interesting.....
thanks for some clarification from ErtaiNaGia .....ty

fluffx

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Ty for some clarification....the whole post didnt sound right.....
men going extinct ? LOL

fluff

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Somebody needs to help me out here....

...The 'XY" sex determination is NOT only a human thing -- almost all other mammals have this same sex determination mechanism, and even some plants and insects have it.

So my questions are, if this alleged "extinction of males" is something that happens over time, has it happened before in another species? Is it happening now in another species?

And, most importantly, aren't there species out there that have this sex determination mechanism who are FAR OLDER that the human species? How has the "maleness" of that species managed to survive so long?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join