It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone have access to "Science Digest" for 1975?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

The seller with the 288 issues has pictures of them all. If you know what the Aug'75 cover art looks like you might be able to pick it out of the spread.

Ciao

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I found another eBay-er who is selling a lot of Science Digests. I sent him an email to ask if he had Aug-75 in his possession. He said he had two issues from '75.

eBay Listing 1938-1979 Science Digest

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DetectiveT
I haven't forgotten about you.

I'm still waiting to hear back.

Great.

I've heard back from a seller on Ebay in the USA that he has the relevant issue, but he has answered that he wants to sell it as part of a lot of 88 issues. Obviously, I'd prefer to avoid buying a collection of 88 magazines in the USA for one article...

I'll look into Worldcat, since I hadn't heard of that before.

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 13-8-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I will probably know on Monday since they are not back in office until then. Most information is out there the trick is knowing where to look for it. Information is my business. There is a lot of stuff that just doesn't pop up in general searches. If it is too late than I'll probably just read the article for kicks.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

If it is too late than I'll probably just read the article for kicks.

Hi DetectiveT,

Monday certainly isn't too late.

I have notes on, oh, about 150 other references I also want to look at to finish my item on Astronomers and UFOs - between that and the kids, I should be fairly busy until you hear back from your source.

Have a great weekend,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
LOL.. They snail mailed it to me. If you can hang on it should be here in a couple of days then I'll hand it over to you.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

LOL.. They snail mailed it to me. If you can hang on it should be here in a couple of days then I'll hand it over to you.

Cool.

I'm actually reasonably busy in work for the next couple of days, so the timing is absolutely fine with me.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Just wanted to keep you updated. Still not here yet. I don't know why they just didn't fax it like I asked.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DetectiveT

Hmmm.... intriguing...

Why not, indeed?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Just wanted to keep you updated. Still not here yet. I don't know why they just didn't fax it like I asked.

Thanks for the update DetectiveT. The timing isn't a problem - completing other parts of my planned Astronomers and UFOs thread will take me at least a couple of weeks anyway.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

I see I repeated myself too! I still don't know why though. They are just being stubborn. It would have been more work to copy the page then fax them then drop them in an envelope I suppose.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Hi Isaac,
I did a quick search for microfilm issues of Science Digest and I got a few libraries that say they have these old issues. You will probably find these at your local library as well. I will check my own library and see if I can copy any pages. Do you know what month? Searching a whole year on microfilm could take a while. (especially after using google for a few years now)

Ok just realized that you are not in the U.S. I don't know about your library having these as they are a U.S. magazine. I read further and see you are looking for Aug so that narrows it down. I will look and see if I can find it and make a copy for you.
edit on 19-8-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
I will look and see if I can find it and make a copy for you.

Hi karen61057,

That's very kind of you, but since DetectiveT is expecting a copy to arrive in the post to him any time now I wouldn't want you to spend any of your time on this at present. I'm happy to wait a few days for DetectiveT's copy to arrive in the post.

Thanks again,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
They are here. I will get them to you when I get out of work.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I have followed this thread and can I just say well done , its good to see a member put in the work to help out another member

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Fantastic. Many thanks for taking the time to obtain this article. I - obviously - look forward to reading it.

Your willingness to help and the input from one or two other members of this thread has made me think about making a few requests for assistance in relation to some archives in certain cities in the USA (which could help add to, rather than simply repeat, information known from other UFO books and websites). I had feared that the response would be to do my own research, so the response in this thread was a pleasant surprise. But any further requests are for another day...

Thanks again,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I don't suppose there would be any chance of scanning the article for reading once you get it in your hands?

All the talk of finding it has made my curious.

I look forward to trying to read your project when you finish good sir.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
How would be the best way to do this? There are seven pages about 1mb pdf files. I don't see an attachment option either.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

How would be the best way to do this? There are seven pages about 1mb pdf files. I don't see an attachment option either.

I think the easiest way is simply to email them to me. My email address is simply my ATS username at Gmail.com

I'll embed images of the relevant page(s)/section(s) in the thread I'm writing, giving credit (of course) to you for kindly obtaining the article.

You could embed the images of the pages in the current thread via the ATS Media webpages, but this can be mildly tricky and time-consuming to learn to do if you aren't used to it.

Thanks again,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

How would be the best way to do this? There are seven pages about 1mb pdf files.

Just to report back to members that have been following this thread: I've now received the full article from DetectiveT by email.

I've already expressed my thanks to DetectiveT by email. The article (particularly the final page) helps nail down one of the key points I want to make in my Astronomers and UFOs thread.

Many, many thanks for this.

I've also had unexpectedly good luck in a related avenue of research I've been exploring, so the thread is shaping up nicely. I should be able to finish it within 3 or 4 weeks.

All the best,

Isaac

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join