It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone have access to "Science Digest" for 1975?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
As part of finishing a thread on Astronomers and UFOs, I'm looking for various accounts of one particular sighting.

I've found quite a few sources (and have compiled a list of a couple of dozen relevant discussions in UFO books), but I'm missing one source that I'd like.

The relevant reference is:

William Stuckey, "The Man who Discovered Planet X,". Science Digest 78 (2) (August 1975), 54-61

So, does anyone have access to the "Science Digest" for 1975?

(Some - probably most - of the relevant text is quoted in other sources which I have got, but relying upon those quotations is less satisfactory than reading a scanned copy of the actual article for myself).

I'd usually circulate such requests on one of the various email discussion lists to which I belong, rather than ATS. I don't often see this type of request on here or other Internet forums. I just thought I'd see what response I get here.

If anyone does have access to this article, I'd be grateful for a scanned copy by email. My email address is simply my ATS username @ gmail.com

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 11-8-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Could you not find this in journal archives of a decent library?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Possibly this, but it's from 1982

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If you can find the article, please scan and post, if possible.

I was watching a documentary a while back, and they were talking about this, except they had said 50 years ago it was discovered. I wonder if it's the same article?

In the documentary they were saying something like they didn't think too much about it back then, because it was still 50 years away.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Could you not find this in journal archives of a decent library?

There is a library link on the relevant Google Books page:
books.google.com...

That link suggests I might be able to see some of the issues of this magazine (I think "journal" is a bit grand for this publication - see the sample covers at the link above) at the British Library Reading Room at St Pancras - but that is only open for fairly limited hours which coincide with my working day. I doubt I'll be able to get there for a month or two - which would rather delay knocking my notes into shape on Astronomers and UFOs (but I'm sure one or more colleagues on an email discussion list will already have a copy, so I'll probably just get it that way).

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 11-8-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhettoRice
Possibly this, but it's from 1982

Thanks, but that's not it. I'm sure I've got the reference right (and the year, i.e. 1975).

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I was watching a documentary a while back, and they were talking about this, except they had said 50 years ago it was discovered. I wonder if it's the same article?

The "Planet X" in the title of the relevant article was Pluto, so I think you have something else in mind.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I'll make some phone calls and see what I can do. I know where to get it let's just see if they are too lazy to do it for me.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DetectiveT
I know where to get it let's just see if they are too lazy to do it for me.

Cool.

In that case, I can go to bed and get some sleep.

Night night,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is incredibly hard to find. I can only manage to find a few pdfs of a few articles. Seems like a good article, hopefully somebody finds it on here.

ETA- I did find something totally amazing while searching for this though, I'm surprised it's not in here, this has a LOT of shiz, there is one old file called "the 10th planet" , not the one you want, but this is just f****g fantastic I found all this. If that article isn't on this, I don't think it's on the net at all lol...

80+ Gigs of AWESOME!!!

edit on 11-8-2011 by DeVIAS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
please delete
edit on 11-8-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Definitely hard to find. I just spent over an hour searching torrents and P2P sites for you with no luck.

I was curious b/c your post reminded me of an article from an old copy of Paranoia magazine I just recently found in my old boxes. I don't have a scanner at home but here is the article link which is entitled "Planet X - Does a Runaway Wrecking Ball Belong to Our System?"
Paranoia Mag Article

The article references other resources and press releases as well as lists some sites for further reading. But beings that it is from 2000, most of the links I tried were out of date.

Good luck and let us know if you find it b/c now I'm dying to read it!
EDIT: Starred/Bump to hopefully get more peeps interested. Someone out there has a copy!
edit on 11-8-2011 by harlot7 because: I wanted to star the OP thread to get the word out,,,,,

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I can't find the publication in the index at my local library or Nottingham University library. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by harlot7
Definitely hard to find. I just spent over an hour searching torrents and P2P sites for you with no luck.

That was a good idea, which hadn't occurred to me. I've also checked a few sites now, and not found it.

let us know if you find it

Will do.

Hopefully, the request that DetectiveT has made will get it.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
I can't find the publication in the index at my local library or Nottingham University library. Sorry.

Thanks for trying Pimander.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Hey Isaac...

Try one of these guys (link); ask 'em if they have your issue (Aug. '75);

88 Science Digest Magazines From The 60s And 70s

1938-1979 SCIENCE DIGEST MAGAZINE HUGE LOT OF 211- Z 98

There are about 300 Science Digest issues here, several from 1975. You never know - you might get lucky, so,

Good luck...
edit on 8/12/2011 by Outrageo because:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Hey Isaac...

Hey

Try one of these guys (link); ask 'em if they have your issue (Aug. '75);

Done - I've send a message to the first seller.

Thanks, we'll see if I get a response.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This may sound stupid but did you try ebay?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This may sound stupid but did you try ebay?

I don't think anyone is selling them on Ebay in the UK and hadn't thought to try international sellers until Outrageo posted a link above. I'm waiting for a response from one seller.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I haven't forgotten about you. I'm still waiting to hear back. If I am unable to get them, I'm hoping they'll fax them to me, do go to your library and ask them if they use WorldCat. If they don't then ask them for one that does. You'll find it in there as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join