It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Survey Results: UFOs and Extraterrestrials

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Jesus said he is not of this world. For example John 18:36.

If that is not "alien", then what is it?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
Phoenix lights question was skewed because it didn't differentiate between the TWO events that took place that evening...The large boomerang craft that slowly crossed the desert and city early in the evening seen by hundreds, or the later "lights in the sky" that were possibly flare drops...

ahh.. I'm assuming then you didn't read the links and went straight to the answer without investigating a bit more then... or ... you DID actually read the thread link that the poll posted?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I can continue. I can cite verses where demons and the devil himself "fell out of the sky" and crashed on earth in the bible.

The point is, they are ALL aliens. Even Jesus said so.

Religious or not, they are still alien to this planet.

I see you haven't answered as why you think ATS is anti-religious.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

reply to post by rev0lver

I'm not saying you two are wrong. Just that no matter which version of the Judeo/Christian bibles one reads Ezekiel's experience and in-depth description of said event sounds very much like a visitation.

But I guess his perspective was very different than Modern mans eh?

edit on 12-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I'm not saying you two are wrong. Just that no matter which version of the Judeo/Christian bibles one reads Ezekiel's experience and in-depth description of said event sounds very much like a visitation.

But I guess his perspective was very different than Modern mans eh?

edit on 12-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Well, in many peoples' perspectives (including mine), such stories are made-up myths, and are akin to reading any mythical tale as a true event.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well, all I have to say is...the jury has made it's decision.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
As a christian i am very disappointed with SkepticOverlord and ATS for not adding the option for voting Aliens to be Demons. This theory is actually becoming very popular on ATS and other sites and alot of ufologists and Christians now accept this. It just go's to show how anti-religious ATS is.
edit on 11-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Well, am a christian and I SERIOUSLY doubt they are demons and there's NO text in the Judeo-Christian Bible (KJV or otherwise) that state that demons can manufacture and fly/navigate a Inter-dimensional craft, why would they?? MOST if not all UFO's/demon believers take entire text completely out of context or don't do a in-depth word for word study.

the only ancient text that supports the UFOs are demons would be the Sumerian text.

anyways.. this isn't the thread for that.. (just get a little niffed at this subject)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

or the "lights in the sky" that were possibly flare drops...

See, the funny thing about flares is, they actually drop, in altitude. And they usually disappear in sequence one right after the other, not in somewhat of a random order, and nobody heard the supposed "four a4 warthog" jets that were said by the u.s. government to be training in the relative area that night. Even the governor Fife Symington said he heard absolutely no noise. But who knows right? We do know those flying worms in mexico have absolutely NO conventional explanation
See UFOTVstudios YouTube channel for amazing UFO videos. ("Best UFO/ET Video Evidence" X-Conference Jaime Maussan) and if you go to torrentz.eu download "Jaime-Maussan-and-Santiago-Garza_2010-UFO-Congress" for some more absolutely stunning videos. If you aren't convinced of crazy crap going on in the skies after these videos, then I have failed you.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

As a christian i am very disappointed with SkepticOverlord and ATS for not adding the option for voting Aliens to be Demons. This theory is actually becoming very popular on ATS and other sites and alot of ufologists and Christians now accept this. It just go's to show how anti-religious ATS is.
edit on 11-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Well, am a christian and I SERIOUSLY doubt they are demons and there's NO text in the Judeo-Christian Bible (KJV or otherwise) that state that demons can manufacture and fly/navigate a Inter-dimensional craft, why would they?? MOST if not all UFO's/demon believers take entire text completely out of context or don't do a in-depth word for word study.

the only ancient text that supports the UFOs are demons would be the Sumerian text.

anyways.. this isn't the thread for that.. (just get a little niffed at this subject)

You can DOUBT all you like but you are deceived my friend. There seems to be 2 types of UFO's...

The craft like UFO, and the Orb light UFO.

Well this can simply be explained...

The craft like UFO are government air craft and the Orbs are the fallen angels.

We are not claiming these demons are operating air craft. You seem to be getting confused with the 2 different types of UFO's people see.

And how can you believe in life on other planets when the bible has no mention of this?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

The craft like UFO, and the Orb light UFO.

Well this can simply be explained...

The craft like UFO are government air craft and the Orbs are the fallen angels.
More like Government craft and real alien craft which operate within other dimensions or vibrational states and thus appear as orbs of energy from our perspective.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

And how can you believe in life on other planets when the bible has no mention of this?

How many animals that live on this planet are not mentioned directly by name in the Bible? How many civilizations rose and fell without ever being mentioned once? The thing is that the Bible only deals with pertinent and often local historical places/things/people. All the lack of information on Aliens means is that real or not, they are not important to humanity's mission or purpose throughout the history of that book. It means nothing on whether or not they do or do not exist.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

How many animals that live on this planet are not mentioned directly by name in the Bible? How many civilizations rose and fell without ever being mentioned once? The thing is that the Bible only deals with pertinent and often local historical places/things/people. All the lack of information on Aliens means is that real or not, they are not important to humanity's mission or purpose throughout the history of that book. It means nothing on whether or not they do or do not exist.

Animals are mentioned in the bible. I would actually have doubts about my faith if God hide something like aliens on other planets and didn't tell us about it... and then later they come and torture us.

After all is the Christian God not the God of truth? How can he be holy and hide something that big like that from us, that would make him unholy.
edit on 12-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I wonder how many debunkers took the survey and answered truely.

I know for myself the results completely match what i filled in so i guess i'm an average Joe afterall

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

1. If potential Aliens are like Humanity, then studying though torture would be no different than what human Scientists already do to other humans. And the Bible clearly states tha there are things beyond our reconing, often described in terms of power.

2. Sounds like conditional love. Death comes too soon for me to make anal probing by extraterrertrial miscrients worth throwing away eternity over, any more than faltering due to a serial rapist suddenly getting a hankering for obese 30 year old women would turn me away. I accept the concept that something about God is going to blow my mind when all is said and done. I don't have a monopoly on all understanding. Bible is clear that you have no control over the world, but you have control over your responses.

3. I would be far more worried if all they ever did was sunshne and butterflies ecause that is the nature of deception.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
SkepticOverlord why does your signature appear to symbolize the trampling of the 4th amendment.

nsa, please do contact.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
If this was Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and these were my life line audience poll results, I'd definitely go with the audience for my final answers. The audience on that show was correct over 90% of the time, why should this be any different.

I can think of a ton of reasons, two very significant reasons being:

1) This is a site where there is always going to be a bias towards belief in UFOs and government coverups and the like. It's like polling the KKK forums and asking whether black people deserve equality, and then "going" with the majority who will obviously state that they do not
2) Unlike WWTBAM, the poll asks for an opinion. No one who answered that poll knows for a fact which answer is correct, therefore, responses are largely swayed by personal biases, which are always going to tend towards the more "interesting" possibilities, kinda the opposite to Occam's Razor at play here

It is my experience that people are appalling at pulling out correct responses in polls of this sort, that's why very silly popular myths are so common.
edit on 12-8-2011 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
You mentioned 20 000 respondents in the other thread. That's awesome! These figures show, beyond the shadow of a doubt that there is certainly something going on that is waiting to be uncovered.

No, it shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the majority of people on this site certainly think something is going on that is waiting to be uncovered. Why anyone would be surprised at this is the only shocking thing to come from the poll.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the poll, but it was extremely predictable what the results would be, and I don't think they are indicative of any greater truth about UFOs or anything like that.
edit on 12-8-2011 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
still not happy about "guests" voting in these polls. Leaves it open to abuse and doesn't reflect the opinions of people who contribute regularly.

also i found i could submit the survey multiple times. Was there any safeguards to stop multiple entries at least from the same PC?

overall not happy with these polls ats do. Sloppy and amateurish
edit on 12-8-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Surprised at some of the... cognitive dissonance between some of these answers.

Between E.T craft and Black Op craft - both had Few as the highest choice.... So what the hell else could it be people?

It could be planes or space junk etc misinterpreted as extraterrestrial, I guess.

edit on 12-8-2011 by thoiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
You mentioned 20 000 respondents in the other thread. That's awesome! These figures show, beyond the shadow of a doubt that there is certainly something going on that is waiting to be uncovered.

Actually no it doesn't Skyfloating. It shows that there is a perception amongst a percentage of the population that something may be going on worthy of further investigation.

IRM

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join