It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Survey Results: UFOs and Extraterrestrials

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Surprised at some of the... cognitive dissonance between some of these answers.

Between E.T craft and Black Op craft - both had Few as the highest choice.... So what the hell else could it be people?

Oh right.

Swamp gas.

Possibly the best survey yet, and am happily surprised to see that people's minds are opening to the reality of these phenomena.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
the only thing i found could of been better on this survey is if 'not sure' was added to the questions asking about u.f.o. incidents.

there were a couple i was not sure on but only had a choice of HOAX, terrestrial, or extraterrestrial.
so i ended up guessing one way or the other, which means some of the results may not be what all ats members truely think.

edit on 11-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

It was interesting for me to note that, as one who has gone from being a 'true believer' to a serious skeptic, I am in one heck of a statistical minority here.

It would be relevant, though, to see the results of a similar poll conducted with the general population. I wonder how they'd compare?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Nice!
edit on 11-8-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I mean in the end this is an ATS survey
what results would you expect? XD

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Phoenix lights question was skewed because it didn't differentiate between the TWO events that took place that evening...The large boomerang craft that slowly crossed the desert and city early in the evening seen by hundreds, or the later "lights in the sky" that were possibly flare drops...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Interesting results, however, I am one on those who voted "sceptically" on most of the answers. Keep up the good work ATS!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you sir friend for taking the time to put this together.Very interesting to see where everyones thoughts were on these issues.
I was actually anxious to see the results (: I believe thats a first for my 47 yrs.
Was a little surprised to see more maybes on the O'Hare airport sightings than Stephensville,Texas. I felt pretty strongly about Stephensville.
star & flag

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
You mentioned 20 000 respondents in the other thread. That's awesome! These figures show, beyond the shadow of a doubt that there is certainly something going on that is waiting to be uncovered.

For a moment I was under the impression that you had to be the hottest forum moderator on the entire planet.

But then I realized it's Natalie Portman. (right?)
edit on 11-8-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by gortex

Haven't you watched the movie Contact? The tech info can be transmitted

or worse the Movie called Species same thing Just with the GATTACA DNA Sequence Mapping gnome

The alien is the result of the SETI (Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence) program. Earth's scientists sent out transmissions with information about Earth and its inhabitants, DNA structure, etc., in hopes of finding life beyond Earth. They then receive transmissions from an alien source on how to create endless fuel effortlessly. Therefore, the scientists assume that this is a friendly alien species. But from a second alien transmission, the scientists receive information about an alien DNA along with instructions on how to splice it with human DNA. A government team led by Xavier Fitch (Ben Kingsley) goes forward with the genetic experiment hoping to induce a female with "more docile and controllable" traits. One of the hundred experimental ova produces a girl named Sil, who looks like a normal human but develops into a 12-year old in 3 months.

Species (film)
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-8-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm glad most us agree, especially on Rendleshem Forest as I definitely believe these bright young soldiers were NOT duped by a lighthouse. The floating 'eye' in the woods, and the rest of the evidence points to it being ET.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Yeah, I said, Hey, that looks like Queen Amidala! Without all the queen decoy outfits and headresses. ( I think I've been watching Star Wars reruns a tad too....much

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
We should do this same survey in a year / compare the results!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Wow

I'm surprised and shocked so many felt and think the same way as I do.

You're all a bunch of sick puppies

That should read, "...We all are a bunch of sick puppies...", Slayer :-) !

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
42.0% thought it was Extraterrestrial and only 4.7% thought it was terrestrial. That's one of the highest percentages in favor of extraterrestrial. That's much more than I would've originally thought to be honest.
That's more than I would have expected, however that one was impossible to answer correctly on the survey.

It was actually a combination of the lighthouse, which was terrestrial, and a separate, extraterrestrial event. So the right answer, of both, wasn't even offered in the survey.

The phoenix lights question has a similar problem, the question was too broad. There were two Phoenix lights events, one about 8-9pm, and one about 10pm. The 10pm event was definitely terrestrial. Nobody knows what the 8-9pm event was. In one of the future surveys SO mentioned, those two Phoenix lights events should be questioned separately.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I felt that "some" surveyors didn't quite understand several of the beginning questions because of the strange results, but overall i was very impressed by the numbers that participated, there's hope for humanity yet

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
this right here can push us one step closer to discloser

20000 is alot of people and if you look at the data discloser should come soon

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
3 % of 20000 dont belive in ETs

wow i really would have thought about 50/50

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Nice to see the results. I'm a bit suprised how many people believe we have been visited by E.T,.'s I knew it would be a good portion, this is ATS afterall, but I just didn't see the percentages being that high for the first couple questions.

Also I could have sword that for the Roswell case, one of the choices was "disinfo". Either I'm really haveing a bad memory of it, but I could have sword that was an option, and that was what I picked.

Either way, nice to see the good perentages for the Rendlesham Forest Case. For me, who started out as a "I want to believe" to an "on the fence", to a becoming more skeptical, well maybe not skeptical but more critical of the evidence I see and read about. But yea, for me the Rend. Forest case is my favorite and I believe has the best chance of being something other than misidentified lights, or a lighthouse or what have you. I believe that one was either an E.T. craft, or a VERY top secret military craft/drone, or something along those lines.

Anyhow excellent survey

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Good survey.

I'm not too shocked by these results, but in a way I am. It's good to know I'm not the only screw loose on this forum

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join