It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Drug Could Cure Nearly Any Viral Infection

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Not only that, but with some viruses like HIV, the virus chemically disguises itself and hijacks the body's immune cells, until they become HIV factories for a while and die.
So somebody with HIV would have those white blood cells for a long time, that are infected but still doing their job otherwise, until they become overwhelmed and too many die at once.
If Draco killed every infected cell, it would kill the infected person's immune cells, as well as all the other infected organs.
As it's described, it doesn't sound very promising.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Don't you find this interesting?

Don't this remind you on something from the tv show "The X files"?

We don't need this universal drug.

This is just something really bad.

Don't take this drug.

Cheers.

dude, dont be so vague, not everyone in the world has seen this same x files episode as you have... you really want to assist ats'rs with "denying ignorance"? then tell us what flippin episode you are vaguely referring to, describe a scene from it, give us something to go on so we can dig it up

Originally posted by Nikola014
Did you notice how is this drug named?
Draco.

What are they thinking?
That we are so stupid?

They're wrong.
Hope we'll never use this drug.

dude, second time, dont be so freaking gorram vague, what the hell are you reffering to? draco other wise means dragon right? so what are you getting at? you have no effect as a poster to inform anyone or aid anyone in "denying ignorance" by being so damn vague

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
some how i just dont buy this at all ,

at the same time they made the announcement of this drug
they came out with an announcement that HIV cures leukemia

seams a bit odd in my books , just sayin ,.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Well, Norway might have low levels of MRSA because of the cold climate too. MRSA likes a really warm comfy temp to live in. I actually found that icing an infection localized it and aided it draining and healing much better than heat.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Now, in a development that could transform how viral infections are treated, a team of researchers at MIT’s Lincoln Laboratory has designed a drug that can identify cells that have been infected by any type of virus, then kill those cells to terminate the infection.

Sounds just like garlic. Difference being of course garlic is free, can be grown in your own back yard and is virtually harmless (except for it's neurotoxic effects of course).

Or how about colloidal or ionic silver, also kills most viruses, bacteria and fungus on contact, with zero side effects to healthy tissue.

Or Tea Tree which wipes out just about all bugs (MRSA included) at 0.1% concentration.

Or blood electrification: 50 microAmperes to neutralise all pathogens, no effect on healthy tissue.

Or of course, you could just rely on your innate immune system - that works pretty well if you provide the right environment.

Nobel prize for yet more toxic chemicals that should never end up in the human body, and a few more billion dollars for our lovely drug cartel - oh dear!

ETA: rereading the quote of course I am wrong with my post. The above modalities kill the infection, not the cell. Unlike the proposed drug. My bad.
edit on 13/8/11 by RogerT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

And we all know how much money is made with "treatments".

Thats the real problem in my point of view.

Always the greed for money.

They should be researching a cure for this first.
edit on 13-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
reply to post by JennaDarling

Well, Norway might have low levels of MRSA because of the cold climate too. MRSA likes a really warm comfy temp to live in. I actually found that icing an infection localized it and aided it draining and healing much better than heat.

The study actually showed it was due to their low use of antibiotics.

But hey who am I to question studies, I am not a medical expert.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Or Tea Tree which wipes out just about all bugs (MRSA included) at 0.1% concentration.

Not true, and I speak from experience. Link Manuka honey helped tremendously, but not 100% either.
Multiple anti-biotics and followup screening to determine the MRSA's count was the only thing that worked for me, thank goodness, that stuff sucked!!
There was some med research done in 04 that showed some promising results from tea tree oil and MRSA, but today's bug is unaffected by it.

edit on 14-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
this could be the cure for hiv/aids that someone prognosticated not too long ago. I think it was a thread called "i got three predictions right". I think it would cure hiv. If you have a high viral load, and you use this drug you aren't going to melt. lol. To me this is just like antibiotics but for viruses. Sounds great, almost too good to be true. The jury's out until I see that episode of x-files, hahah.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I stand corrected. Thanks for the personal experience feedback, however the link you post is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike

I always found the plants and herbs worked for any and all ailments. Not needed any pharma for 25 years now (except pain medication once - before I discovered how much better MJ is than codeine!)
However, I'm empowering the immune system first, the plants are simply helpers and allies to speed up the process.
edit on 16/8/11 by RogerT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Man, I am with you about big pharma, and that was the last thing I would consider. I would rather seek natural alternative and man did I do a lot of research, trying numerous things, including tea tree oil, both externally and internally, silver water, hydrogen peroxide internally, etc... They had no affect and I had MRSA for a year and a half before finally getting a clean bill of health. As mentioned the Manuka honey slowed it down, and prevented the symptoms(individual pimple turned boil) from fully deveolping, but it was multiple anti-biotics that had the most effect. Believe, pharmaceutical anti-biotics is the last thing I want to put inside me, but that MRSA was scary, especially when I found out it could and was killing people once in moved to their internal sytems/organs.

Sorry for the article, it was an expedient result of a search for something, other than my personal experience, to support the notion.
Now blood electrification sounds interesting, and I'd like to see some studies on it. I'll check it. I always thought Royal Rife's work with frequency modulation was fascinating. Every virus or organism vibrates at certain frequencies, and supposedly he was able to find them, and then destroy them with frequency(s).

peace

edit on 16-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I don't know much about Rife. The machines are so expensive they are a bit beyond my 'play interest'.
Beck's stuff is cheap and I found quite effective.
I did a really good thread on it here on ATS, went for 20+ pages.
Right now I'm playing with Jack Derby's Violet Ray Crystal Resonator and it rocks for tuning your energy centers into the schumann freq and harmonics of same.
Not sure about the health aspects though, as I just don't tend to get health issues anymore.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
An antibiotic that is effective against a wide range of infectious microorganisms which includes both gram positive and gram negative bacteria is called as a Broad spectrum antibiotic.

Scientists from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have unveiled a new “superdrug,” which they say is capable of curing any virus from influenza to the common cold. The drug is long way from human trials but has been successful in killing viruses in mice by attacking genetic materials in viruses.

Researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology recently published the results of a development study in the journal PLoS One, according to Time, that shows astonishing promise. A new “superdrug” called DRACO has the potential to kill any and all viruses, including deadly hemorrhagic fevers, polio, all strains of influenza and the common cold. The drug targets the genetic information that viruses use to replicate. DRACO, or Double-stranded RNA Activated Capsase Oligomerizer, attacks a form of ribonucleic acid, a compound found in all forms of life on earth, that only cells that are infected with a virus produce, according to MIT News.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Dude think by yourself.

Think,think dude!.

Dude if you think we need this "cure" to be healthy,then take this "cure".

And if you think they would give us a "cure" then you are sooooo naive.

Did you see dude?

And see how irritate is when you use dude many times in the sentence?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I've not been sick in terms of my recognizing the differences on behalf of my body's weakness for 20 + years and kind of remember the last to seem like mono as it must have been for I was laying on the couch without energy for 4-5 days ? And since have not so much as sniffles. Keeping active with stamina high I think is key to keeping a fast metabolism. I guess. Annd through all those years ,I have partyed like no other and of course experienced hangovers but yet even those left by being active allthough hungover. Maybe just lucky I guess.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

its no where near as irritating as someone who beats around the bush cant be descriptive or definitive and speaks in hints and fails to ever make a single point, cause you cant explain yourself or answer a simple question

what the hell makes you think i want to take the vaccine? maybe you should improve your reading comprehension, i was not asking you a why for your opinion nor was i stating my own, i was only asking you

what the hell are you referring to?

if i told someone that this reminded me of an xfiles episode i would tell them which one so they could look it up,

the fact that you dont say and dont tell after being asked makes you look like an ass who's just makin # up

if you are not here to help people with their thoughts then why the hell do you post at all? posting is supposed to bring something to the research, you fail to do so with your lack of definition

think for myself you say, does that mean i am supposed to peer into your brain like some damn physic to figure out what tv xfiles episode you were thinking about? what the hell is wrong with you?
edit on 8/23/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I assume it contains some traces delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join