It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are Some MAJOR Discrepancies in the Orbit Projections of ELEnin

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The gravitational forces of the Sun, all major planets, and several large asteroids are accounted for in the orbital calculations.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

Originally posted by trueperspective
Phage, thanks for showing up. However, you didn't read it right. The first image is the Projection AS OF March. then I fastfowarded the animation to OCT 17, 2011.

The second image is the projection AS OF today. then i fastfowarded the animation to OCT 17, 2011.

The differnce between the two is 35 MILLION km. That is quit a margin of error no??!!?!

If, as I suspect, you got this 'stuff' from the Elenin.org page, then the orbit viewer is broken, it is missing the Stereo A and Stereo B orbits, which is why double 'Earth - Sun' data is visible in the bottom left. Correct data can be found here Elenin + Stereo A +Stereo B

Sorry to be the party pooper and burst the 'doom seekers' bubble.

However, if you are seeking doom, I can point you in a new direction.

st.

EDIT: Here is an image comparing both webpage source code, you can see the problem, more so if you are familiar with webpage coding. If image is cut off, try opening in a new window.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67d4973afd73.png[/atsimg]
edit on 12-8-2011 by SatoriTheory because: Adding Image.

Finally someone recognizes what I mean by source, the source the OP used, that was not on the JPL site proved by Phang's link from January!!

This is what Captianinstaban can't seem to get through his thick head, while calling me out for misunderstanding it's clear he doesn't read posts, or any info that is counter to his view he's obviously trolling. I intended to give him the benefit of doubt but it's clear now.

I follow things quite well thank you, it's you that did no homework. Aptly named as well. You expect unbiased responses with a board name like that? Constant posts of crap not even acknowledging the links?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective
Based on my research, they have changed it several times.
It hasn't changed more than a very slight refinement over time. I began posted in the close approach distances and times as given by JPL here, back on March 10th. The last update I gave was here. You can see the data between the oldest and newest data is very much consistent.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Forget Elenin (it's tiny). Look at how close Mars is coming to the earth. I mean, what is to say Nasa has the trajectory of that right. How do we know it won't just change its orbit and run right across in front of the earth!

Mars is massive compared to Elenin. HUGE.

All this disinformation about NASA getting the trajectory of Elenin wrong is just to scare people and to cover up the real story which is that if NASA is wrong about the trajectory of Mars it will obliterate our planet and Mars too.

(And yes, because there are lots of people on this site who take everything they read seriously, no matter how ill-conceived it is, I am joking. This is post satire.)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

In fact, a comet trajectory is pretty unpredictable due to the gas that can be expelled at anytime because of heat or something else.

When this happens, the trajectory may change.

Peace out.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
Forget Elenin (it's tiny). Look at how close Mars is coming to the earth. I mean, what is to say Nasa has the trajectory of that right. How do we know it won't just change its orbit and run right across in front of the earth!

Mars is massive compared to Elenin. HUGE.

All this disinformation about NASA getting the trajectory of Elenin wrong is just to scare people and to cover up the real story which is that if NASA is wrong about the trajectory of Mars it will obliterate our planet and Mars too.

(And yes, because there are lots of people on this site who take everything they read seriously, no matter how ill-conceived it is, I am joking. This is post satire.)

Oh Ok.

About Elenin, just wait a few weeks we will be able to see it in the night sky. That will take the hammer to this thing once and for all. Star for entertainment.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I've only scanned through this thread but I'm happy to make the following assertions based on the available evidence (i;.e. testible, predictable information):

1. There isn't a cover-up
2. Elenin is nothing more than a normal piece of cometary material. Not Nibiru, not a PK not an ELE etc.

I invite people to place any kind of wager they want (financial, property or other asset-based) that Elenin is something other than a bog-standard comet that's going to zip past like so many other comets have over the years.

As someone who understands physics, owns a 10" Telescope (a Schmidt–Cassegrain) and is prepared to DENY IGNORANCE. I will honour all wagers placed.

Those are my cards on the table. Please, and I mean this, feel free you place your bets now. Nothing is going to happen as this comet zips past.

Obviously, if you're not merely fear-mongering and are sure about what you're saying here, you'll be more than happy to take me up on this.

And by sure, I mean SURE. Not speculation, not random guesses, but backed up by observation and proper science.

Peace to all.

Mark.
edit on 12-8-2011 by bohica1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx
About Elenin, just wait a few weeks we will be able to see it in the night sky. That will take the hammer to this thing once and for all.

Anyone with a half decent telescope can see it already,.
There is at least two people here on ATS who have not only done so but taken photographs and put them here for us too see.
Even "standard" websites like heavens-above have web pages showing you where to find it.

And every time somebody does see it, from the thousands of amateurs, to the NASA Stereo probes, to anyone who cares to actually look for themselves... it is ALWAYS where it was expected to be.
And always has been.
Right from the start.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Too many Elenin threads here, its just a comet, it will pass earth by 0,234 AU which is really far (around 100 lunar distance!). Elenin never gets long enough tail either to hit earth. Many asteroids will go much closer to earth. There is killer asteroid passing earth Oct 13th, its 2,5km wide and will pass earth only by 49,8 LD. Another small one (175m) incoming Nov 8th will pass earth only by 0,8 LD, but its still long distance. But still this asteroid can cause catastrophe.

Seems like ppl are bored of asteroid Apophis, and want new killer object. There is also potential impact coming on 2040 when asteroid 2011 AG5 is coming near earth. Impact risk is 1 out of 2270, so this is most potential asteroid to hit earth. And its only asteroid given Torino scale value, 1. Its 140 m in diameter and could hit the earth by speed of 14,67 km/s, causing 110 Megaton blast.

Next object to fear

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 13-8-2011 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2011 by Thebel because: wrong impact risk

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Even if Elnin did hit us, it is not big enough to cause a ELE. If it hit the Pacific, it would cause a major Tsunami along nearly every coastline facing it and cast much of the world into darkness for a few years... Reduce our population by a good size (cause most ppls live along the coasts)... "not me tho, I'm pleasently situated on top of a mountain, ready to watch it all go down, cracking a tinnie, sitting on a deck chair"..lol

Or it could hit the middle East and wipe out the Muslims, the Jews and all the Fossil Fuels (in my opinion, this is a good thing)...

It could hit the US... (lol see above)..

Yah, 4km after burning up somewhat entering the atmosphere and hitting the earth at a massive speed, still won't cause enough damage to wipe out all life on earth.

Just chill a little folks...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Finally someone recognizes what I mean by source, the source the OP used, that was not on the JPL site proved by Phang's link from January!! This is what Captianinstaban can't seem to get through his thick head,
reply to post by Illustronic

If I am the only one that didn´t get it, why are you saying that finally someone recognizes what you meant? I read your posts, maybe you should´ve been a bit more clear, I did ask you what source you were talking about, but you didn´t respond to that.

while calling me out for misunderstanding

In some posts you clrearly gave irrelevant information, with regards to what I was discussing in other posts I asked you to explain yourself, wich you didnt.

it's clear he doesn't read posts, or any info that is counter to his view he's obviously trolling.

What, as soon as I saw the undeniable evidence I admitted you guys wwre right, I already said that, I also apologised if I was a bit aggressive.

I can be a pain in the ass when I want to get to the bottom of things. I assure you that my motives are purely about finding the truth.

Do trolls admit to stuff, and apologise?

You expect unbiased responses with a board name like that? Constant posts of crap not even acknowledging the links?

Let´s just focus on the content of my posts, by links you mean those that Phage came up with? I admit I hadn´t understood what he was trying to say, initially, but it´s not like he spelled out what he meant exactly.

Besides, I was told by ATS Staff that I had contributed to the quality of the forums, a few days ago, so i´m sure it is not as bad as you suggest.

I guess you want some recognition for being right, well good job sport, but it wasn´t you who came up with the undeniable evidence.

edit on 13-8-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You should worry more about this....what is associated with Elenin:

Eleven NEO's all lining up on Aug 15/16 2011! (Near Earth Objects)

I have looked at all the orbital diagrams on this JPL page:neo.jpl.nasa.gov...
and have counted 11...yes 11, Near Earth Objects that will line up with Venus Sun Mercury major bodies line up on 15/16 August - on Monday to Tuesday next week!
This includes Comet 45P Honda.
Not all of them are near the Plane of the Ecliptic during this period....some are below, and some are above that flat disc of the Solar System.
But we know so little about the way this gravitational flux effect works fully - in creating massive earthquakes like the one in Japan recently.....so.....maybe these bodies don't need to be on the ecliptic to create a gravitational disturbance in the earth's crust....and so create a massive earthquake?
An awful lot of them that don't line up, and I discarded....are still very close to that line up, and so...maybe they may have an effect....who knows!?

These are the ones I feel come close to lining up with the other major bodies:

2011 NZ
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

2011 PF2
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

2011 OE
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

2011 OJ45
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

2007 VB138
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

2011 OC18
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

2009 OO9
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

2011 PT
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

2011 GD60
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

2008 SR7
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

45P/Honda-Mrkos-Pajdusakova
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

I think this is what the drawing is at the bottom of the Swiss bank note
www.redicecreations.com...
it shows the plane of the ecliptic as the horizontal line, and the ellipses represent the major bodies, (Although there is one too many ellipse for 15/16 Aug.....it could mean Nibiru is the extra body as the extra ellipse) and the the other angled lines, and triangular points represent the positions of the Asteroids above and below the plane of the ecliptic.
Someone on the internet thought the normal solar system diagram on the note represents the 26th of September.
When the three days of darkness begins.
www.godlikeproductions.com...

Just not very good news is it?
I advise folk to get into the country and stay in a tent before these dates.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

I was never trying to champion myself as the deal breaker. I examined the claims made from the source and went to the source to find out it was a total crackpot website. I noticed some artifacts of the images posted that were not present in any of the other JPL images. I really didn't follow the news of this insignificant comet back in January but did by March and never seen those kind of orbital projections claimed by that site so I was curious how they twisted the facts to dupe you.

I didn't blow the lid to the point Phang did because I WAS WORKING! The misinformation was not as urgent as making money to me I just wanted to point out I saw something disingenuous or at worst, purposely misleading. Color me a subordinate if you must to feel better.

I never bought the OP statement so I have that going for me, even while browsing while working.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Look, I think you did a good job and you were right.

Do I need to do more grovelling? I will if it makes you feel better.

And it wasn´t Phang that the proof, imo, it was Excalibur.

Why do you call him Phang?

Oh, and just noticed, is your avatar giving me the cosmic finger?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

No sir I have a short (short term) memory if I misspelled other poster's board names, I'm not a good typer either and don't check many posts I type. I may be overly reactionary. I meant no ill will to you personally, I may have grown such attitude by the number of posts you had on this thread defending something I suspected to be woo. I will not hold anything against you for your curiosity whatsoever.

I hold things against people who continuously bash the sources they gather information from to discredit that very source of the information they got, verbatim, with no other logical support or other reputable source sited. That kind of thing kinda bus me.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

is it now?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join