It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are Some MAJOR Discrepancies in the Orbit Projections of ELEnin

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by trueperspective
Its not a pic. The elenin.org site has a fully interactive animation same as the JPL site. I just took a screen shot from it.

It's not the same animation. Its the same program being used, but the numbers that are being fed into the program are different. Look at the images I posted previously, I showed various values so that you can compare them yourself.

Here are the images again to try and show the difference in the data being passed into the java program.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67d4973afd73.png[/atsimg]
The above image shows the Elenin.org data on the left, on the right is the data for the navy version with Stereo orbits.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7fd134be38f.png[/atsimg]
The above image shows the data that is passed into the JPL version.

Hopefully that will help, if not, then someone else is going to have to try and explain it, as I am clearly not a very good educator/teacher.

Peace.
st.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Excuss my ignorance but when I go to the JPL site the trajectories are already plugged in. I just hit play and watch Elenin fly around. How and why would you manipulate data.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

That's kinda my point. They are different now compared to then. Does Nasa have the correct path?

Based on my research, they have changed it several times. I don't think they are being accurate, I.E. I think there is a chance it could get closer then .234 AU. I think the tail debris could cause major problems. Maybe it might get so close that it effects the moon. Maybe it will hit?

Why should we trust constaintly changing data?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

JPL has the correct numbers.
Elenin.org has incorrect numbers.

It's not your fault.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Why can't everyone just accept that some of us know what we are talking about with respect to comet orbits? The calculated close approach distance of 0.234AU isn't restricted to the JPL Small Bodies Database. Independent calculations have been made by other reputable people, and the results are virtually identical. Here are two sites that I regularly use to obtain accurate orbital elements for comets.....

www.oaa.gr.jp...

jcometobs.web.fc2.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah, the wrong data provided by NASA!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The data has not been constantly changing. It been getting more refined as more observations of the the comet are made. It has varied very little since the first set of orbital elements was produced in January.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, Phage

We will have to wait and see my friend. I personally don't like it. We can track comets for 100's of years into the future, but this thing comes out of nowhere and all of the sudden its hard to get a trajectory on it. OK, that throughs up a little flag in my head. I am watching very closely.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

NASA does not provide the data. The data comes from astronomers all over the world. It is collected by the IAU Minor Planet Center. The MPC uses that data to produce the orbital elements which are used by the orbital diagram applet.

For example.
www.minorplanetcenter.net...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Why can't everyone just accept that some of us know what we are talking about with respect to comet orbits?
reply to post by Mogget

I´m sorry, but I´m not going take anybody´s word for anything, I know I sure don´t know a lot about this stuff, but when something sticks out to me, I´m not satisfied before I get my answers.

You guys were right from the beginning, and I apologise if I was a bit aggressive, I just find it annoying if I have to believe people on their word, without them providing clear proof.

Now that there is, I can only say, good job, jeah you too Phage.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

That's the thing though...a new object will have to be observed for a period of time in order to determine it's accurate path. When this comet was discovered, it was fainter than Pluto. It hasn't even made one observed pass by us yet, though they should have some pretty solid figures for the rest of its orbit when it has, though that's not to say they're going to be all that inaccurate before.

You can't just look at something and immediately know all of this information, it must be calculated from repeated observations. The more observations, the more refined the numbers get...the initial calculations give you the baseline for refining them and so on until you get the most accurate results
edit on 12-8-2011 by Dashdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

What they did was replicate the coding for the JPL simulator and posted it on their site. However, when they input the values for the orbital mechanics they did not use the correct numbers. These numbers determine the visual simulation that one sees. So, by using the wrong numbers they produced a faulty simulation. To visually illustrate this I have provided the JPL's simulation for October 18 from March 30 as well as Elenin.org's simulation for October 18 from March 30. They clearly show two different things.

As for changes in the simulation, as Phage stated it has merely been refined. As more observations are made more accurate numbers are able to be produced. However, very little has changed other than the date of perigree. In January when the orbital characteristics were first provided perigree was to occur on October 18 with a distance of .24. On March 30 perigree was to occur on October 18 with a distance of .233. Currently perigree is to occur on October 16 with a distance of .233. So, over the course of six months the date has changed by less than two days and the distance has changed less than 3%. So, you can see that the original estimates were quite accurate compared to current estimates which have a minuscule margin of error.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

one can be assured that a comet cannot travel .2 AU in a day.

Source

UNLESS IT'S GUIDED BY THE OVERLORD REPTIALIAN INHABITANTS OF NIBIRU INCLUDING GEORGE BUSH, DICK CHENEY, DONALD RUMSFELD & STEVEN SPEILBERG!!!11one

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

In any case, you were very perceptive, noticing the discrepancies.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Have any of you gone to a nice dark place to look up in the sky at night to see the Milky Way?

There's a big anomaly up there right in front of your eyes.

Comet Elenin may be propaganda...Look up at the Milky Way and see if you notice whats wrong with it.

It's really apparent.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Not to go off-topic, but - Milky Way

What, exactly, are you pointing out on this now?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
NASA does not provide the data. The data comes from astronomers all over the world. It is collected by the IAU Minor Planet Center. The MPC uses that data to produce the orbital elements which are used by the orbital diagram applet.

Finally, somebody actually said it.
I've been reading this thread and it took a whopping seven pages before anyone actually came to mention
*NASA dont make the orbital values for comets*

The simple java applet may be on the NASA web poage, but its the Minor Planet Center who calculate what the orbital values are. All you nutters out there screaming that NASA has changed the orbit, are simply shooting at the wrong target.

And, as has been pointed out many times in this thread so far, the orbit hasnt changed anyway.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Where I'm from the sky is always covered in a blanket of clouds. Can you please enlighten those of us who have not seen the night sky?

Anyone?

BTW: It's my humble opinion that the whole Comet ELEnin scenario is a "psyop" meant to distract from something big coming our way. IF anyone has done their homework and researched, you would know that false flags and such happen to gain control of the population..taking away liberties...causing fear and division. Usually these operations take place on HIGH power dates. Example May 1, "Osama Bin Laden"...Mar 11, Japan Earthquake...Sept 11...Twin Towers. Explore the numbers and their meanings to find their value to the POWER ELITE in Satanic Ritual. Notice to, the dates that present the highest concern for Elenin's passing are dates that have tremendous influence and meaning. Notice also that the dates coincide with the Jewish Feast Days. HOMEWORK!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Have any of you gone to a nice dark place to look up in the sky at night to see the Milky Way?

There's a big anomaly up there right in front of your eyes.

Comet Elenin may be propaganda...Look up at the Milky Way and see if you notice whats wrong with it.

It's really apparent.

I'm currently living in a major city with huge light pollution.
Can you help me out and explain what you're seeing?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well how do they not know that Gravity of the planets and what not wont affect it? The moons gravity affects us everyday (tides) and it is really far away
but ELEnin is small compared to the Moon and it could easily become knocked off its course by a planets Gravitational Force.

Just my 2 cents :/

Please add imput! thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join