It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are Some MAJOR Discrepancies in the Orbit Projections of ELEnin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hey so first take a look at these. Notice the dates, both Oct. 17, 2011 and the position of Elenin. As you can see it is the same viewpoint and zoom.

[ats=640x640][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c741a68c5dbf.jpg[/atsimg][/ats]

[ats=640x640][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c6cd42d69ee.jpg[/atsimg][/ats]

Note the Massive Difference.

Oh and before I hear the old, "they just tweeked the orbit based on new information." note the distances. One says 0.463 and one says 0.234. that is a difference of 34,257,942 km. That is hardly "tweeking." That is a MASSIVE difference.

I think they really don't know where this thing is going... Your Thoughts!!
edit on 11-8-2011 by trueperspective because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have no thoughts because I'm not an expert.
Are you?

But I'm sure others like me - who have no clue, will S& F your thread
edit on 11-8-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

Interesting, but was the first one dated 2010? Why did you cut the year in the photo?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
That's quite a big difference. Hehe the other day I realized they altered its trajectory after I realized Elenin, earth and sun were no longer aligned on December 21st, 2012.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I suggest you think about about what you just said, and when you realize the flaw in your reasoning, edit what you posted before someone makes fun of you.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I posted something yesterday about that on someone's thread. Except it had to do with an earlier orbital path prior to the 0.234 AU one. It showed the comet coming within like 0.08 AU's or something like that...whatever the distance was it showed the balls (earth & elenin) touching on 17Oct.

I had asked if anyone else remembered that old orbital path, but never received a reply. So I'll ask again...does anyone remember that earlier this year?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have an idea.. I think it's because NASA knows for a fact that reguardless of it's pinpoint location it won't strike Earth, nor will it create any type of catastrophy to Earth so I don't think it matters to them. Just a thought but maybe with all the ELEnin hype out there blaming NASA for hiding secret info on this "killer comet" they probably did it so someone would post about the differences and start another ELEnin thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
I have no thoughts because I'm not an expert.
Are you?

But I'm sure others like me - who have no clue, will S& F your thread

And that´s what they are for. If people are interested they flag, the more attention, the more likely an explanation is found, as more pëople get to see it.

I didn´t know you had to be an expert to flag a thread, jeez a lot of people just can´t seem to handle that other people flag threads they find stupid.

Get over yourself.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Interesting, but was the first one dated 2010? Why did you cut the year in the photo?

No one should make fun of you as ghost said, at least no reasonable mature person should.

Comet Elenin wasn't discovered in October of 2010.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

So they accurately determine the trajectory of hundreds of thousands of other objects, but when it comes to Elenin they say screw it?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It's worth noting that the JPL Orbit viewer got a tweak to fix the problem with the angular orbital path, so they could have adjusted something else. However, the closest approach and the date of that closest approach have not changed.

There is an image in this thread 'Comet Elenin, Size, distance and scale explained' that shows the closest approach is still the same. 0.23Au around the 18th October 2011.

It won't affect us.

st.

EDIT: The thread I linked was created back on March 30th, just so you know.
EDIT2:Editing to add image from the above link I mentioned.

edit on 11-8-2011 by SatoriTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

trajectory was changed to 0.04 AU, check previous forums on elenin and nasa buzz room

link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Both are Oct 17, 2011. The photo was just cropped bad. Sorry. I put it in the OP

link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

If there is this much deviation between the predictied course and reality, how can they be sure it won´t hit Earrth?

link   
I say be ready for anything. Don't worry just make a plan for you and yours if things go south. Be prepared and relax, you'll need that energy if it does affect the earth.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
I posted something yesterday about that on someone's thread. Except it had to do with an earlier orbital path prior to the 0.234 AU one. It showed the comet coming within like 0.08 AU's or something like that...whatever the distance was it showed the balls (earth & elenin) touching on 17Oct.

I had asked if anyone else remembered that old orbital path, but never received a reply. So I'll ask again...does anyone remember that earlier this year?

I don't know.
Here is my thread from July 6th.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It's possible that you may have not zoomed in very close, as well as, had a different x and y axis, to view it.
BTW, I know nothing so I'm going to star and flag you.

Perhaps this is a view that you saw. It shows Elenin almost touching the earth.

Now here is the same date, except that the axis has been changed. No touchy feely goin on here.

IDK if this helps. Jedi Master Phage should be waking up in a few hours.

Here is the Latest JPL NASA model. It HAS been adjusted to 0.234 AU. With the closest approach on Oct 16th!

edit on 11-8-2011 by Violater1 because: I had to add Phages new photo
, Just haven fun.

edit on 11-8-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ah I knew I wasn't crazy about them changing it earlier this year. Here is a link talking about the HUGE change made to Elenin's trajectory in March.... from .24 AU to .0004AU

NASA buzzroom taken down after too much info release on Comet Elenin trajectory

ATS thread about it too...

Above Top Secret

It makes sense NASA would change it again. It'd be common sense to keep it on the DL so panic doesn't ensue.
edit on 11-8-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Falcon Hypersonic Test Vehicle 2 should go take a look
EARTH

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz

Originally posted by Char-Lee

No one should make fun of you as ghost said, at least no reasonable mature person should.

Comet Elenin wasn't discovered in October of 2010.

No one should..but there's alot of a-holes on this site who will.
Elenin has a ~10,000 year orbit. meaning it will only "touch" each spot on it's orbit once every 10,000 years. So it's impossible for the OP to use a picture of elenin in 2010, instead of a picture of 2011.
So unless the OP is photoshopping pictures and fooling us, which I don't believe they are, this is a huge discrepancy.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
How can these results be from the same day when the last Elenin observation was 8/02?

Data would not have changed with no new observations.

Please post a copy of your images that isn't cut. Thanks.

ETA - I misunderstood, please disregard.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join