It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran Promises to Strike Israeli Nuclear Facility If Attacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Iran says that if Israel attacks its nuclear facilities, Israel had better be prepared to lose its Dimona nuclear facility, where Israel makes and stores nuclear weapons. The threat from Iran was delivered via General Muhammad Baqir Zolqadr, a commander of the elite Revolutionary Guards. This continues the trend marking an escalation in tone of threat exchanges between Israel and Iran that has taken place recently.

english.aljazeera.net
ran will strike the Israeli reactor at Dimona if Israel attacks the Islamic republic's nuclear facilities, a commander of the elite Revolutionary Guards has said.

"If Israel fires one missile at Bushehr atomic power plant, it should permanently forget about Dimona nuclear centre, where it produces and keeps its nuclear weapons, and Israel would be responsible for the terrifying consequence of this move," General Muhammad Baqir Zolqadr warned on Wednesday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Iran's attempt to generate nuclear power at its plant being built at Bushehr is seen by Israel and the United States as a cover for nuclear weapons development. Israel has threatened to strike the facility, causing the comments by General Muhammad Baqir Zolqadr.

The US is also showing interest in striking Iran for "terrorism" reasons. The fact that conquering Iran would create a land bridge between Afghanistan and Iraq continues to fall under the radar.

[edit on 8/18/2004 by lockheed]

[edit on 18-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Sounds like Iran is playing the "my daddy is bigger than your daddy" game.
I do believe that the power plant is a cover up. Im sure BIG BROTHER already knows. They will probably wait for a definate commucation interception or another country to walk right in before they decide to take immediate "anti-terrorist" action. Another land bridge? United states of the sand?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Wow now isnt this an impressive move in the game of "Risk". Too bad all those people will be vaporized and the sand will turn to glass. I guess pretty soon we will see what really happens when big ego's play with Nuclear power. Who do you think will have the next move? I think Isreal will because they feel we (The United Stetes) will back them, but I do believe this is one move in the game of "Risk" where we should probably "pass" on our turn.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This battle has been raging for close to five thousand years now... It's the battle between those who are striving towards being a more developed and civilized people and those who wish to cling to the past and it's brutal ways. Though the western nations have done some distasteful things over the past few centuries, they have still worked hard to leave our primative past behind us. For crying out loud... most of the tribes within the Arabian peninsula are still killing each other... on a daily basis... over things like... WATERING HOLES FOR THEIR HERDS! I'm not talking about the city dwellers... I'm talking about the mass of tribal organizations in the area. We can't get them to quit killing each other... and they look alike, sound alike, and worship the same religion... I remember the Taliban being in the news years before 9/11. For things like... rounding up and tagging Hindus, destroying ancient religious monuments and generally making life for women there even worse than it was before their regime came to power. Today's situation makes me think of a line from a song that came out a few years back... "I know that there is evil and I know that there is good... but it's the in-betweens that are never understood". NO nation is perfect by any means... but if the US is bad guy #1 in the world today then all I can say is... The world should feel very, very lucky, 'cause we're the nicest bad guys that this world has ever seen. I believe that this says a little something for progress. Have a little faith in humanity folks. We've been in worse situations than this before

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Is it not a running truth that Israel has understood for quite some time it must maintain a stance of inaction where issues of peripheral military operations are concerned in the middle east? Would it not follow that reports such as this one are hype, designed to alarm those unaware that Israel knows its vulnerability and its need to keep its hands off, that its government knows aggression in such matters would toss the entire world on its collective ear?

I do not believe we need worry about Israel launching attacks on Iranian nuclear sites. The notion is silly in the most euphemistic sense.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
They did it once before, they'll do it again.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Who is "they," what is "it" and what are you thinking?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Is this definitely true? Things are a little tribal in the Middle East but that is their way of life i suppose, i just say leave them to it.

On the subject of Israel, i still do not understand why no deal has emerged between them and the Palestinians regarding a state for the Palestinian people. Someone has to make the first move or we'll still be reading about this in another 100 years.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The Arab world does not want peace between Israel and the Palestinians. Most of old Palestine is in modern day JORDAN not Israel. I don't hear anyone asking Jordan to give up some land for the Palestinians. Also, if the Muslim nations care so much for their brothers, then why not let some of the refugees stay there?... AT LEAST TEMPORARILY!? Why not send them food, medicine, and resources to build a REAL society instead of sending them weapons with which to fight? The Arab world wants to keep the Palestinians right where they are... impoverished and oppressed so they may be used as a tool against Israel and the western presence there. Keeping the Palestinians there fighting the Jews is like taking a cat and a dog and tossing them both in a box together. There will not be peace until one side or the other comes out undeniably victorious.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am neutral on this subject. However, both should should be given WMD and launch them simultaneously while the rest of the world takes a lunch break. Think about it, it estimated that billions of people will die when WWIII starts. There are now about 5 miillion people in the state of Israel, and a few more in Iran, is it really worth killing half the Earth's population over them? I say, let them go at it, and in the end, it was sitll a good investment for the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Already covered here,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211

On the subject of Israel, i still do not understand why no deal has emerged between them and the Palestinians regarding a state for the Palestinian people. Someone has to make the first move or we'll still be reading about this in another 100 years.

The reason there has been no deal between Israel and the so-called Palestinians is that muslims believe there can be no peace until a once conquered land that has been lost is returned to the muslim fold. This means there can be no peaceful solution as long as Israel exists. To think or say otherwise is simply naive. That our governement knows this and still keeps talking about a peaceful solution is just because they are hoping that the muslim countries will embrace democracy before there is another war. This thread doesn't make that hope seem too likely.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The reason there has been no deal between Israel and the so-called Palestinians is that muslims believe there can be no peace until a once conquered land that has been lost is returned to the muslim fold. This means there can be no peaceful solution as long as Israel exists. To think or say otherwise is simply naive. That our governement knows this and still keeps talking about a peaceful solution is just because they are hoping that the muslim countries will embrace democracy before there is another war. This thread doesn't make that hope seem too likely.

I'd have to echo that comment. Also, Isreal at one time (Camp David) was willing to agree to MANY of the Palestinian demands, just for peace, and Palestine basically wanted all or nothing (not understanding this thing we call politics) and walked away with nothing.

Personally, I think the chance of an Iranian aircraft or missle reaching that facility is about as much chance as I have of walking into Area 51, but it should be funny to see the look on the general's face when it goes "poof!"

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Martin
Who is "they," what is "it" and what are you thinking?

I think he was referring to Iraq.

But I wouldn't compare them to beyond that, Iran is much more developed then Iraq was. They have a pretty good airforce, and there bigger then Isreal.

new topics

top topics

join