It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The role of Free Will

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jdawg9909

So, you can't be a Christian if you kill? How then, do we understand your God when, in fact, he killed a lot, and is still allowing to this very day, killing, murders, abuse of children, abductions of children, intolerance of others and a total lack of empathy from one human being to another. I don't want some pat scriptural answer. I want an intelligent, thought out answer from you, not the Bible.
edit on 27-8-2011 by aero56 because: typo

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

I tell you, and this is funny. Ever seen the movie "the Kingdom of Heaven"? At the end when the templars lost Jerusalem they were given the option to surrender and leave the city in peace or die, the last remaining priest said "convert to Islam, repent later!" The entire Crusades existed of both sides claiming they did God's will, and neither side was doing God's will, because 2 wrongs do not make a right. If youre murdering people in God's name, you're breaking his commandment "thou shalt not murder", it is NOT "thou shalt not kill", the latter was a mistranslation.

I can think of many atrocities commited by madmen in the name of God, working great acts of evil for Satan instead. See the Crusades themselves, both sides serving Satan and fighting for land (the sin of Greed). Now we look at the Spanish Inquisition hundreds of thousands of protestans tortured to death on the wrack and the wooden horse and other devices designed for the purpose of sadistic pleasure while people who WERE christians were being murdered by other "christians" yet disobeying Christ's core teaching to "love your enemies AND your neighbors" in tandem with breaking the commandment "thou shalt not murder" and calling their protestant brothers witches and heretics spouting lies, the commandment "thou shalt not bear false witness".

Men take God's laws and use them to commit evil acts, it was for this specific reason God came to earth in the form of Jesus Christ, so he could be a living example because mankind was too stupid to get the message in his books, we just co-opted what we wanted to use to our own ends and threw out the rest which really did not sit well with Jesus/God. Jesus was sent to be the living example of how we should live by his commandments, and to this day many of us are still too stupid to get the message.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by Jdawg9909

So, you can't be a Christian if you kill? How then, do we understand your God when, in fact, he killed a lot, and is still allowing to this very day, killing, murders, abuse of children, abductions of children, intolerance of others and a total lack of empathy from one human being to another. I don't want some pat scriptural answer. I want an intelligent, thought out answer from you, not the Bible.
edit on 27-8-2011 by aero56 because: typo

God only punished his children Israel for disobeying his commandments. Even if he did kill some, they did not go to hell, he just took them home like a father putting a child on a "time out". God does not rule this earth, Satan is the god of this earth/air and he is the one that should take your blame. God himself is merely sitting back and letting the weeds be cut down out of the cream of the crop, the weeds being these murderers and child abusers etc. Jesus will return and put a stop to this at armageddon (megiddo). Jesus is reaching the end of his patience, which is why we are in the Last Days, as current world events get worse, civil wars and rumors of wars, the world economy going bankrupt which will lead to the one world order/currency. Jesus has just about had enough and he is just waiting for the Father to tell him when to put an end to all this famine,war and strife.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join