It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA Loses Contact With New Hypersonic Vehicle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just in on CNN, I find this pretty interesting that they're talking about it on TV.

Update 12:29pET- DARPA says it could not regain contact with HTV2 but the hypersonic wedge can terminate its flight autonomously.

security.blogs.cnn.com...

It can fly from New York to L.A. in less than 12 minutes, pretty incredible!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

so now we can finish our breakfast,fly over to syria and bomb them,and be back in time for lunch! isn't that handy!
why don't they put their energy into a car that gets 100+ miles per gallon? that would impress me!
oh ya, THEY already have that technology,WE'RE not allowed to have it!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Here's a more in depth article from Yahoo, worth a read!

The HTV-2 vehicle was expected to reach suborbital space, then re-enter Earth's atmosphere and glide at hypersonic speed to demonstrate controllable flight at velocities of around Mach 20, which is about 13,000 mph. At that speed, more than 20 times the speed of sound, a vehicle could fly from New York City to Los Angeles in 12 minutes, DARPA officials said.

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 11-8-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There is nothing like having to cross post on the same topic in three threads.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Interesting about that new vehicle. MACH 20 is bitchin fast!!

I cant help but wonder, are we being just told about this incredible vehicle and its incredible speed so that the next time we see a UFO moving at stupid speeds, we'll all blow it off and say, "Aww, musta just been one dem new DARPA planes."

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

yeah i was reading this also on yahoo and didnt read enough. did they say if they found it?

im also wondering if there letting this out because china just droped its first aircraft carrier in the ocean a day or 2 ago. something to think about.
edit on 11-8-2011 by SpunGCake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is the second time they've lost control of this type of craft.... 2 flights, 2 losses.

Source: www.npr.org...

I think the aliens are snatching these up, just like the missile they shot down.

top topics

join