It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas man kills black bear possibly seeking water .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

Oh no he shot Smokey!

No tears for dead bears.

Talk about a manipulative spin on a nothing story.

Heartbroken for Bears? For serious?

Full disclosure; bears scare this crapola out of me.

Accoring to your profile you're from Canada. So there are plenty of bears there. And you are scared. So kill them when you see them because they scare you.
They are more scared of you than you of them.

Here in TX they are so rare, of all my years here, (almost 50) I know nobody who has ever seen one, except myself in Big Bend in '08. That is right on the border with Mexico.

I am an avid outdoorsman with many contacts here, and I only know of one person who has seen the tracks of a black bear, and it was near the town in the news story, around 10 years ago.

So yes, it breaks my heart to see things killed that are just struggling to hold on to existence in an area.

Apparently the Texas game officials feel the same way. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Interestingly, the last black bear that was spotted in the area had wandered into London near a elementary school. Some blame the fact that we have canceled the spring bear hunts here for a population explosion and therefore lack of food, driving them into populated areas.

Guess what happened to that bear? The London Police shot it dead. Broke a few hearts, but imagine if it managed to maul a few kids..

I guess we just have a WAY different perception of bears in general up here eh? Here they really are a threat.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I found raw video of the attack!!!

(credit to cripmeister on ATS)

JK

edit on 11-8-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I can't believe some joker killed a baby bear... and a rare one at that....That's the way it is down south, they're all happy triggered.

edit on 11-8-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Yeah, it's like Tombstone down here.
We still have showdowns at high noon.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Hey right on lol.... Look out Bigfoot, he's probably thirsty too!
It's better to shoot them with a camera, right now would be a good time to use a motion capture camera at the lakes and ponds.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
Pics or it didn't happen, I know.
Big Bend TX black bear encounter, 08-08. He couldn't wait to get a away from the road and people. The whole sighting was maybe 10-15 seconds:

Wow, he/she doesn't appear to be too healthy

Quick, one of you green provocateurs, go feed him some Walmart hamburger or Trader Joe's tofo

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
A couple years back, a Virginia man shot and killed a black bear. He was arrested, he faced charges of one year in prison, and up to $2000.00 for killing the bear.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

The park rangers said they get pretty thin and lose a lot of hair that time of year; it was August and warm even up in the Chisos Basin.

They mostly come in from the Mexican desert, looking for a better life maybe?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If I saw a bear cub I would immediately look around for the mother. That is probably the most dangerous situation you can be in; the mother will not stop if she thinks her cub is threatened.

I'd have to guess that this little fellow lost his mother and has been on his own for awhile. There was no need to shoot it, imo. Give it some water and scoot it back into the woods.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join