It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark matter may be an illusion caused by the quantum vacuum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

www.physorg.com

“The key message of my paper is that dark matter may not exist and that phenomena attributed to dark matter may be explained by the gravitational polarization of the quantum vacuum,” Hajdukovic told PhysOrg.com. “The future experiments and observations will reveal if my results are only (surprising) numerical coincidences or an embryo of a new scientific revolution.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This sounds like one of the most reasonable and believable (able for the layman to wrap his mind around) that I've heard. Dragan has built upon his earlier work with the cosmos with theories that attempt to explain the unknown without assuming the existence of unknown forms of matter and energy.

An unknown quantum process... perhaps!?

Thoughts?

www.physorg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seaez

Outstanding find!

The entire theory regarding dark matter always struck me as a little too dependent on indirect measurements. This may be the shift in perspective that is required to solve the accelerating expansion of the universe.

Still, there are those who claim they have been able to directly measure dark matter (or more properly dark energy), however I lack the math skills to check their theories....

Love this stuff... and it could be an immensely important idea...... we shall see.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seaez

That is awesome!!!! I will have a read into the link shortly. I have always wondered how we could measure a so called dark energy...

Jenn

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seaez

Ah, right, this would be the cue for the "electric universe" people to come in and announce that this proves they've been right all along, and not bother reading it to see that it actually relies on the gravitation force to work.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
IMHO anti gravity has been experimented for about 100 years now by clandestine military organisations. The Nazis did have plans to build some anti gravity spaceship tube if I recall. Area 51 is just carrying on the legacy.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seaez

The further physics progresses the more it sounds like a Star Trek episode

I do agree though, this find seems rather easy to wrap the mind around compared to much of the talk used in physics these days.

Nice find, star and flag

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by seaez

Ah, right, this would be the cue for the "electric universe" people to come in and announce that this proves they've been right all along, and not bother reading it to see that it actually relies on the gravitation force to work.

LULZ - ymmd...that was exactly what i wanted to say =)

Huzzar to the consciousness =)

but maybe its like this:

secure.wikimedia.org... ??? bogus??? pseudoscience??? or just a beginning like the falling apple...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thanks
Maths aside, I love reading about this stuff too. I don't claim to understand this completely, but I don't believe Dragan's disagreeing with the maths of the "missing mass" that others have come up with, just that this quantum void might be a paradigm shift capable of explaining a state / property of gravity previously unknown. I think previous theories insist gravity relied upon a mass to exist, not being able to have one without the other... this might change that and wouldn't surprise me! Electric universe theory aside, you can not have an up without a down no? Gravity without anti-gravity so to speak.

Gravity, for all intents and purposes in my mind breaks the "universal speed limit" of the speed of light. We have stellar bodies interacting with each other over light years, perhaps almost instantly? We can't honestly say we know the ins and outs of something (gravity) we've been studying and contemplating for nearly 300 years. I believe there is a huge potential with the in-depth understanding of gravity, why would we not be able to tap that potential? Noone would argue that there's not something we are missing. I hope this can be proved one way or another in the near future, or even inspire another great mind to think differently and perhaps stumble down the right path.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by seaez

The further physics progresses the more it sounds like a Star Trek episode

I do agree though, this find seems rather easy to wrap the mind around compared to much of the talk used in physics these days.

Nice find, star and flag

Hah thank you! I can't wait for my holodeck! Although if the holographic universe theory is correct, would it be a meta-holodeck???

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Dark matter is the other side of "the present". We exist in the time stream just after "the present" where infinite space is returning to its default state of pure time (as all the past). Dark matter is equally "distant" from "the present" which is infinitesimal, infinite space BEFORE it become infinite, infinitesimal duration, space. Time current out from the future is impacting the infinite impedence, which converts pure time into pure space (the present). We are after pure space, dark matter is before pure space.
edit on 11-8-2011 by tkwasny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Interesting, and I hope it contributes to the overall big picture [of astronomy], but the whole premise behind the idea is an eventual desire for certitude of classical physics: there is no complete theory of gravity compatible with quantum mechanics. Re-defining things or defining them away is not going to eliminate the fact that there's an uncertainty in nature (or just plain ignoring the inherent uncertainty i.e. without assuming the existence of unknown forms of matter and energy as the article suggests) that is beyond our current technology -- many things, like dark matter, cannot be directly observed; even certain particles/light, etc., are mathematical deductions with no directly observable consequences i.e. virtual particles.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

The only uncertainty is not understanding the whole...tho i agree we will most likely never understand that or have a glimpse of its expanse.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by seaez

Outstanding find!

The entire theory regarding dark matter always struck me as a little too dependent on indirect measurements. This may be the shift in perspective that is required to solve the accelerating expansion of the universe.

Still, there are those who claim they have been able to directly measure dark matter (or more properly dark energy), however I lack the math skills to check their theories....

Love this stuff... and it could be an immensely important idea...... we shall see.

My whole thought process is that both camps are somewhat correct, those who say they can directly measure dark matter / engery, and those such as yourself who believe it's more of an "indirect measurement"..

Like an event horizon into the phase-shift aspects of all meta-verses, the demilitarized zone upon what leaks within the rubbing quantum void. A conglomerate of "indirectly measured" energy of mundane aspects channeled through the bleeding of the cosmos, different meta-verses, merging syncing an gentoo'ing the quantum goo.

edit on 28-11-2012 by seaez because: " an

new topics

top topics

join