It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros, the Girlfriend and the Apartment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

She did that?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyS

Originally posted by Maxmars

The days of innocence are over. People now damn anyone for the joy of it.

I guess he may never have promised her an apartment, and that should be the crux of the matter. But I can see people enjoy hating the fortunate, so carry on.

I suspect that people are "damning" her not for any old reason, but that they do not respect her grievance. It appears she is not fighting a "noble" fight. She wants an apartment. Hmmmmm...

She is not his wife, nor was she a business partner (if we are assuming she is a girlfriend) he doesn't owe her anything, IMHO. She certainly has the right to sue and she will have the opportunity to prove her claims. However, that doesn't absolve her of seeking to profit off her "relationship" and that seeking of profit, does lack class. You know, how many promises have you made an ex that you did not follow through with? What would happen should she decide to sue you for them? My ex promised me the moon, I'm not suing for it...

ETA:
However, as others have said: you do reap what you sow and I guess the lesson is to be choosy in the company you keep. Lolz...

edit on 11-8-2011 by LadyS because: (no reason given)

I agree with many parts of what you say, but I am not so sure that it applies to a situation like this.

First of all this women had her own money to start with. Not Soro's money, but she was clearly not a bag lady either.

The story begins in 2006, when Mr. Soros met Ms. Ferreyr in the Hamptons. He invited Ms. Ferreyr, who owns her own retail business, selling sunglasses and Christmas ornaments through kiosks in malls on the West Coast, to meet for tea and got her phone number.

First off he meets her in the Hamptons. This is located in New York State and it is not exactly known as a poor section of the State. Quiet the contrary. You need money if you plan on living in the Hamptons. Not blue collar money. White collar money. Next this women owns shops that sell things on the West Coast. How much money, travel and time do you think it would take to run a business in San Diego if you live in New York? This should be people's first clue that this women was not some broke chick looking for a handout.

This is also not just about the Apartment. The lawsuit is not just about money for an Apartment.

“Soros not only breached his multiple promises, which were reasonably relied upon by Ferreyr to her detriment, but he also proceeded to engage in a deliberate and malicious campaign of extreme and outrageous harassment and intimidation against Ferreyr, which has directly resulted in her suffering and continuing to suffer severe emotional distress and damages,” her suit says.

Emphasis is mine. That is a common reason that people sue and if it is indeed true it easily boarders on the criminal.

Now for my favorite part..

In early 2010 Ms. Ferreyr made an offer on the apartment and hired a designer, and Mr. Soros’s company signed a contract to buy the apartment.

At this point it is no longer about promises made. There was action behind that promise.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

I apologize if it seems I had singled anyone out. My reaction was more along the lines of dismay at the speed with which any woman who accuses any powerful or wealthy man becomes the immediate object of derisive and negative comments ("whore, gold digger, slut, tramp.")

I don't doubt that the real life truth would likely revel that this is what we have experienced repeatedly in such stories as exactly what people tend to see, opportunism, prostitution of dignity, and the use of status and prestige to secure willing companions...

But it seems fairly damning that no woman can ever make a claim against an 'important' man without the usual pejoratives being bandied about almost immediately. I'm not really 'shocked'... it seems that what the MSM does for the lawyers in these cases, we are doing here in microcosm.

I seriously don't expect this relationship could have been based on anything as wholesome as love and affection, but on the possibility that it was, this could be a tragic characterization based upon prejudice and bias (no woman/man could possibly actually love this old woman/man who happens to be rich enough to buy a continent - they just want something.) I wonder if Mr. Soros is dating someone else now?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I was editing my post to include those points about the business arrangement, that edit doesn't show in your quoted text, but I do agree that she should be reimbursed moneys lost ... I'm just not sold on the emotional distress part of the claim. Again though, that is what the jury is there for, we shall see....

ETA: Doubtful this suit will go that far anyway, the lawyers will work out some sort of deal and all will go on...

edit on 11-8-2011 by LadyS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyS
reply to post by MrWendal

I was editing my post to include those points about the business arrangement, that edit doesn't show in your quoted text, but I do agree that she should be reimbursed moneys lost ... I'm just not sold on the emotional distress part of the claim. Again though, that is what the jury is there for, we shall see....

Well if this is true...

but he also proceeded to engage in a deliberate and malicious campaign of extreme and outrageous harassment and intimidation against Ferreyr,

Than that would certainly qualify as emotional distress. What would be interesting to see is a police report describing the incident with the lamp and the stitches in her foot.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The Court Of Public Opinion

Originally posted by Maxmars
I apologize if it seems I had singled anyone out. My reaction was more along the lines of dismay at the speed with which any woman who accuses any powerful or wealthy man becomes the immediate object of derisive and negative comments ("whore, gold digger, slut, tramp.")

No apologies required. I didn't feel singled out and didn't see you as doing that, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't being misunderstood. And to the extent Ms. Ferreyr has truly been done wrong, I fully support her efforts to reach a fair settlement.

MrWendal makes some very good points about the "emotional distress" aspects of the suit. I realize I may come off as dismissive of emotional distress as a cause for action, and will reiterate that I consider it a classic hallmark of a frivolous lawsuit, but I also recognize that it can be a legitimate complaint and don't want to knock anyone who has been genuinely aggrieved and seeks justice in return.

There are indeed some very serious allegations of malicious and potentially criminal acts.

But that's where my inner skeptic once again raises objection. Claims are often overblown in civil cases, and attempting to litigate criminal acts through lawsuits rather than through criminal prosecution is always a red flag, because the perjury risks and standards of proof tend to be lower in civil court than in criminal proceedings.

Admittedly, I'm sure there's a lot more to all this than I know, it's probably wrong for me to infer too much and I certainly do not wish to libel Ms. Ferreyr or anyone else by making false claims about the case (which I'm not, I'm just offering opinions).

However, whenever anyone brings a case to court on grounds such as these, the burden of proof is upon them. If, in the coming months, evidence is presented that unambiguously supports the claims being made, I will be happy to acknowledge my first impressions were wrong.

But I won't believe it until I see it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I love reading "George Soros" and "pillow talk" in the same article.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Is it so hard for people to believe an alleged former nazi collaborator smacks up his wenches?

He got so much money that this will only be a momentary embarassment. He'll pay her off along with her lawyers. He probably makes more than she is demanding in interest while he sips his morning coffee each day.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I don't automatically think any woman who accuses a rich man of something is a gold digger. However, "gold digger" is a label typically assigned to a woman who sleeps with a wealthy man with the intent to receive financial gifts out of the deal and this is a classic example. He is obviously wealthy. She may have met him in the Hamptons, it's a place that is known for socialites to try to hook up with wealthy men. She asked him if he would gift her a million dollar apartment and then later upped her request to an apartment just under two million. My reaction is based on the very large amount of money involved and the fact that her expectations of a very expensive gift of property, when not given, have caused her to sue for emotional distress. Most people don't base their emotions on whether or not they get given free stuff. Also, I'm not inclined to believe a person based on whether or not she is cute. I certainly don't think he's any kind of a boy scout either, in fact sleeping around on her and using his company to buy the property in question are both pretty darned sleazy activities. Just bad company all the way around.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by doom27

i hate one liners, but she is full of #

How do you know? Were you there?

she will loose and look like an idiot as she should

Nope, she would still be really cute, even if she doesn't win.

She couldn't get the money from the big man, so now she's going to spout a bunch of BS to get what she wants, typical move for a woman.

I'm willing to bet that if you stayed with that old, ugly, wrinkly man for 5 years you'd want some money too. It also isn't fair to paint all women like that. Try to be nice.

Ha, point well taken.

I just hate this type of story, happens too much in this modern world. Sure we all hate soros , but that's not changing my opinion on things, she just wants something, and is assuming mr. billionaire, would rather just give her money then go to court.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Sure we all hate soros

I don't hate him, I think he's a pretty cool guy.

I love the way he avoids taxes like a pro. That's how I wanna be when I grow up.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Ex suing George Soros living in same building as woman he gave apartment to

NyPo

Billionaire George Soros must have a firm "my place, not yours" policy now that his current squeeze and the ex-lover who's suing him for $50 million both live in the same Manhattan apartment building.

The wealthy octogenarian left it to the condo board and doorman to referee between Adriana Ferreyr, the 28-year-old former Brazilian soap star who claims Soros reneged on promises of a $1.9 million apartment, and Tamiko Bolton, 39, the woman to whom he gave it instead.

Things became so testy between the rival women at 30 E. 85th St. -- when the scorned Ferreyr managed to rent another apartment there -- that each accused the other of harassment, according to court papers.

Soros gave the apartment he promised her to another Woman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join