It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 12 are now, is this the NWO?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Is it me,, or is
Barak from a high place,, Obama,,
following a very familiar script,,

Didn't a guy named
Jesus the CHRIST,,

follow a simular path???

If we only had some way of figuring out what the beast is,,economy,, 12,,, beast,, hmmmm,

Does this beast fall in the end?

If there was only some way of knowing,, maybe a script,,perhaps,,some written words somewhere,,

Ohh wait i peeked,, it all works out in the end,, just perfectly.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

His response is basically just stating that what these people are 'known' for in the media and PR world says very little about what their true motives are and what they are really about. Anyone can state that they are amazing when the reality is that they are the opposite and will bring everyone down under the guise of how incredible they are because they do such and such.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by AgnarDaGr8

what i am saying is this, if the House and Sen stay a do nothing Congress, would the 12 say ok you have no power we are taking over, side stepping the House and Sen and becoming the new Congress. they are referred to as the Super 12, what powers do they have?? no one is saying, i did find this but alas, no help www.huffingtonpost.com...

The power that they have is... and will NOW FOREVER BE... that they get to draft ALL LAWS ... that will be voted on by the house and congress... They also have the power to completely side-step the House and go straight to the Senate...

They also now SOLELY hold the power of the purse... For only they can draft and vote on(the 12) economic issues.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by AgnarDaGr8

Originally posted by caladonea
The Twelve:

James Clyburn - Representative from South Carolina - democrat - considered a champion for minorities

Xavier Becerra - Representative from Los Angeles - democrat - He is known for his empathy towards the disabled

Chris Van Hollen - Representative from Maryland - democrat - He is known for his budget work

Patty Murray - Senator from Washington - democrat - She is known as a champion for the military

Max Baucus - Senator from Montana - democrat - He is known for his view on taxes

John Kerry - Senator from Massachusetts - democrat - He is know for his position against the Iraq war

Jeb Hensarling - Congressman from Texas - republican - He is known for his work on budgeting

Dave Camp - Representative from Michigan - republican - He is known for his views on advancing welfare reform

Fred Upton - Representative from Michigan - republican - He is known for his views on energy and commerce

Jon Kyl - Senator from Arizona - republican - He is known as a champion for crime victims rights

Pat Toomey - Senator from Pennsylvania - republican - He is known for voting against the Medicare drug act

Rob Portman - Senator from Ohio - republican - He is known for his legislation regarding IRS

Yea am also known to my mom as the most up-standing citizen... Known for being so very helpful to all my neighbors

In all reality ... I smoke tons of marijuana ... I go to clubs ... get drunk... fight... Engage in adultery ... i can keep going... but dont want to make myself look worst! lmao

What exactly does your response have to do with what I posted? Was the point just extreme sarcasm....if it was...you did ok.

Am sorry if it was taken that way. It seemed to me like you were defending the people that were elected to the super congress...

So i set my self up as an example.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by idunno12

I just don't understand how this can have happened. How were these people chosen? Were they simply appointed? Are they in power forever, or for a specific term? And how can each state be considered to have equal representation when some states are left out of this committee while others have more than one representative?

We are now in the hands of the decisions of 7 people. And what is this "trigger mechanism" which results in automatic cuts across the board? Did they write in a clause that said, "In the event of no agreement, this list of cuts (which we can't seem to get passed any other way) will automatically be made."? Then why vote at all.

A simple majority on the panel -- seven of 12 members -- is needed to approve whatever package it comes up with, meaning that it will take a lone member of either party to push something through by voting with the other side. The committee's proposal would then need a simple majority in each chamber of Congress to make it to Obama's desk.
If the committee fails to reach agreement or Congress fails to pass whatever package it recommends, a trigger mechanism will enact further across-the-board cuts in government spending, including for the military.

Well first of all... its 12 people part of super congress ... with the 13th person(by default) being the president because he can veto.

2nd - They are in the super congress as long as they are in office. The majority leaders and the minority leaders from both house and senate get to choose 3 people to place in the super congress... Thus circumventing the election process of the united states... So now we vote for representatives... That vote for other representatives. Which is crazy... We have all played that game where there's a line of kids... and the teach tells the first kid a message and passes it down... when it gets to the end it sounds nothing like what it started out as... I believe this is exactly whats going on here. Perfect way to lessen accountability of our elected officials...

TO TOP IT ALL OFF... Super Congress are the only ones that can take away super congresses power... Thus the only way for their to never be a super congress would be for them to relinquish their power... (( YEA RIGHT! ))

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

No...that was not my intention....I just wanted to contribute to this thread...and make a list easy for everyone to read......stating a bit about each person.....not defending them at all.....peace out.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

hey don't worry about it

thanks for "the [ insert descriptor here] list.

that said, it seems the lobbyists have now achieved full representation, and a free hand in this country.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join