It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HHS: Obamacare-Funded Health Centers for 'Migrants' Won't Check Immigration Status

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Here we go again with the ??? spending as our nation struggles with a monumental DEBT problem.

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced on Tuesday that it has awarded $28.8 million to 67 community health centers with funds from the Obamacare health reform law.

Of that $28.8 million, "approximately $8.5 million will be used by 25 New Access Point awardees to target services to migrant and seasonal farm workers," Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Spokeswoman Judy Andrews told CNSNews.com. HRSA is a part of HHS.

Here's the kicker, they don't care if you're illegal or not.

Andrews said that grant recipients will not check the immigration status of people seeking services.

“Health centers do not, as a matter of routine practice, ask about or collect data on citizenship or other matters not related to the treatment needs of the patients seeking health services at the center,” Andrews said.

Further, the grant recipients are required to serve "all residents" who walk through their doors.

There is one really big problem in regards to granting services and funds for illegals... Just ask Obama..

These Obamacare disbursements seem to contradict a claim President Obama famously made in a nationally televised speech to a joint session of Congress on Sept. 9, 2009.

“The reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally,” Obama said then.

Anyone remember the now famous response when Obama uttered this nonsense?? I do..

When Obama said these words, Rep. Joe Wilson (R-S.C.) shouted out from the House floor: "You lie!"

Wilson later apologized for his outburst but got the official rebuke from his peers. Who owes Wilson an apology now?? Seems he was right after all. What?? Obama a liar?? Yes!!

www.cnsnews.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
OH I LOVE THIS!!!!

Wilson was thrown under the bus by both parties back when that happened.

Guess he was right.............

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
"You lie"

And indeed he did.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Shocking. Last week it was free birth control this week its free medical care for illegals.

My guess is that you will see a number of states return this money to the federal government. Why take a bit of cash from the feds to seed a program that will attract illegals who will draw far more cash from the state than is covered by the grant? This the idiocy of federal programs. They always cost far more than what the feds give. As a governor, why on earth would you take a one time grant that will lead to what would amount to a long term financial obligation?

Obama's political misfortunes are so great that he will accelerate all efforts to expand the state and create more dependency on the government. First, he is a total ideologue and this is what he ultimately wanted to do and understands that his reelection chances are dropping quickly. Second, he needs 100% of his base to vote and will toss a massive amount of bones to those folks.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Kansas just rejected $31.5 million in federal Obamacare funds that was supposed to help Kansas set up its health insurance exchange. Brilliant Move by Kansas. I hope more states react in the same manner. Maybe Obama will get the message sometime before election day.

GOP Gov. Sam Brownback said the state would return the money because of doubts surrounding the federal government’s ability to pay for the grant in the future. Kansas was one of six states to receive extra funding in February.

“There is much uncertainty surrounding the ability of the federal government to meet its already budgeted future spending obligations. Every state should be preparing for fewer federal resources, not more…. That requires freeing Kansas from the strings attached to the Early Innovator Grant,” Brownback said in a statement.

hotair.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What is an immigrant?

You people need to stop making words up, there is no such thing as an immigrant, there is no such thing as a citizen -- it's all make believe.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Pretty sure we've already had this debate....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Pretty sure we've already had this debate....

Mhm, I don't remember that.

I must've won.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

My guess is that you will see a number of states return this money to the federal government.

OH I hope so.

The Federal Government ties the hands of the states with a monetary umbilical cord. Telling the Federal government where to stick it is the first step to wresting control of our country from the Corporate/banking Elite.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Told you so
Told you so
lalalalalalala. . . lalalalalala

(okay, it's out of my system now)

Cloward-Piven Strategy
I hate to keep bringing it up, but dammit, it's happening!!!

The Cloward/Piven Strategy is named after Columbia University sociologists Richard Andrew Cloward and Frances Fox Piven. Their goal is to overthrow capitalism by overwhelming the government bureaucracy with entitlement demands. The created crisis provides the impetus to bring about radical political change.

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
reply to post by jibeho

Shocking. Last week it was free birth control this week its free medical care for illegals.

My guess is that you will see a number of states return this money to the federal government. Why take a bit of cash from the feds to seed a program that will attract illegals who will draw far more cash from the state than is covered by the grant? This the idiocy of federal programs. They always cost far more than what the feds give. As a governor, why on earth would you take a one time grant that will lead to what would amount to a long term financial obligation?

Obama's political misfortunes are so great that he will accelerate all efforts to expand the state and create more dependency on the government. First, he is a total ideologue and this is what he ultimately wanted to do and understands that his reelection chances are dropping quickly. Second, he needs 100% of his base to vote and will toss a massive amount of bones to those folks.

Ah yes, that's the Cloward/Piven strategy of overwhelming the system. Oh yes, and didn't Glenn Beck expose that ? Why yes he did!

Oh ha! Beezer I posted before I read your post. Had to scroll down. Way to go!!!
edit on 11-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
they dont now theres a community health center my nephew goes to because the bum wont get a job

and everyone speaks spanish there even the signs in the front window.

extra extra get your free healthcare here!!!

its agianst the law to go hey are you legal? all anyone has to do is ask hey do you speak english?

new topics

top topics

join