It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a Joke U.S. Jobless Claims Drop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Bottom line is, until we all get honest with eachother and with what is going on, the sooner we will stop looking at the current state of affairs with it ain't as bad as it looks lenses and, in so doing, the sooner we will find a real, tangible and justifiable solution to this mess.

If you bother to look it is very very easy to pin point the beginning of the BLASTED mess and its cause.

No it is not the only cause and I document a more complicated explanation in these posts:
Foreclosuregate, a BANKER scam from the beginning. Here are my posts with lots of references on the subject:
FORECLOSUREGATE: www.abovetopsecret.com...
An outline: www.abovetopsecret.com...

More in-depth:
Bill Clinton: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Leveraged Buyouts - Reagan: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The World Trade Organization was ratified in 1995 and China's entry was in 2001

NEGATIVE numbers mean dollars, factories, jobs and technology leaving the USA for overseas.
You get a couple years lag time for the packing up and relocating.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Exactly people also forget that unemployment offices mostly report those people that receive unemployment benefits because the companies pay into the fund, most people on lower pay jobs never make it to the statistics as they do not get unemployment benefits...

It also does not include all those who are self employed and have been driven out of business.

Just look at Housing starts! LINKY The graph is just about off the bottom of the chart.

Those are not only the contractors but the electricians, plumbers, bulldozer operators, landscapers, painters, roofers and many other independent small business people.

None of those people are going to show up in the statistics.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well I reckon it is better than going the opposite direction...

Hearing many of you and it is no wonder we are stuck, honestly you guys help contribute to
it more than you think. My city is banging, it is so busy here, but it is not going to spread if you guys
taint the psychological well in your own locale.Nobody wants to do anything because of the fear...
You guys can kick me for saying it, but why don't you guys try some positive projection for a couple months.
Could it hurt?
edit on 11-8-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

Just so you know, some of us ARE in food lines.

Those statistics tell me nothing. Fact is there is NO ONE left employed on my street that I know of.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Link to source

The U.S. Labor Department released a report today showing an unexpected drop in initial jobless claims in the week ended August 6, with claims dropping below the key 400,000 level. Seasonally adjusted weekly jobless claims decreased 7,000 to 395,000 from the revised previous week claims of 402,000. The preliminary insured unemployment rate in the week ending July 30 fell to 2.9% from the prior week''s unrevised rate of 3%.

You call this positive

Its nothing more then market manipulation to keep the markets from free falling, the unemployment rate is higher then 9%
edit on 11-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Yeah, and I know through personal experience that they are currently denying people unemployment for zero reason. In which case... they don't actually count towards unemployment since they don't receive the benefits.

Telling enough people no is a way to "manipulate" the market... and since they track Unemployment through a faux metric -- it sort of shields the bad publicity in turn acting like a parachute for the economy. Like it or not, it's eventually doing to be in the ground... it's not really a question of how fast it falls.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

yeah riiiggghhhttt! we all know its just more political bullsh****.. The media cant tell the truth and is controlled

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm watching his speech in Holland, Mi right now. I can not believe the audacity of this snake in the grass. His entire platform in 08 was lies. Seems every speech he makes is treasonous . Why have the American people not yet rallied together and call for his resignation/impeachment,and brought him up on treason charges. As well as congress and the corrupt judges that let all of this fly by.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dirttrck

... Why have the American people not yet rallied together and call for his resignation/impeachment,and brought him up on treason charges. As well as congress and the corrupt judges that let all of this fly by.

It would be REALLY REALLY nice to bring most of these jokers up on various charges. Unfortunately it is CONGRESS that has that power not the American people. GRRRRRrrrrrrr

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Yes, and this is exactly why we need a system of checks and balances with our elected Senators and Congressmen. And even the POTUS.

It's obvious that our voices are not being heard.

How do we make them listen ?

By making them accountable.

Plain and Simple.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
3 words.

Its all lies.

(if you havent figured that out yet by now, you possibly never will)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Anyone with a brain would understand there is no possible way jobless claims did ANYTHING but increase.

Are we that stupid?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
reply to post by crimvelvet

Yes, and this is exactly why we need a system of checks and balances with our elected Senators and Congressmen. And even the POTUS.

It's obvious that our voices are not being heard.

How do we make them listen ?

By making them accountable.

Plain and Simple.

Here is my suggestion

Recall The Rogues!

...Recall can provide more accountability in between elections and put office holders on notice that they are being watched. Recall is now available to constituents in 18 states. Another 13 states have initiative procedures whereby petitioners could put recall measures on the ballot. RecallTheRogues.org provides each state's relevant laws, plus updated news and commentary on recall efforts around the nation.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The numbers will be revised up, they always are. Barring that there were really no other pieces of good news to account for the huge upswing in the market today. Basically, just a controlled release of information.

The big lies will come when snow hits the ground and they can start manipulating numbers on seasonal employment.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What do you expect?

The truth?

If they were candid, and released the actual data on the REAL unemployment crisis there would be panic, the markets would fall even more.

They have to try to spin everything positive, even bad news... They do have to win elections as well.

28% nationally would be a bit closer to the actual percentage right now.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Here's a graph comparing labor force and employed. The numbers (in thousands) speak for themselves.

The trend is another curve down, and shows no impact from the multi-billion dollar multiple stimulus scams.

Data was sourced from BLS: www.bls.gov...

edit on 11-8-2011 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Here's a graph comparing labor force and employed. The numbers (in thousands) speak for themselves....

THAT is the WORK FORCE???? Not the entire population???

Good grief no wonder we are in such deep doo doo - less than 60% of the work force has jobs!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join