It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England Used to Be a Country of Men

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Where are they?

Staying indoors for the most part looking out for themselves. This has occurred for a number of factors but primary among them is the knowledge that the judicial system is fundamentally broken. We know criminals wont receive real punishment and we know that by intervening physically in any situation a law abiding adult risks prosecution. Juvenile criminals know they are untouchable by adults.

There is no right to harm another to defend property in UK law and if you lay your hands on a 'child' committing a crime god help you.

We have built a system in which no good deed goes unpunished therefore there are few good deeds. The ordinary people are as they always have been but they no longer have any faith that the system is reasonable or has common sense (because it doesn't).

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

that and your all jacked up on tea all the time. Caffeine induced fits of rage make you feel like super man
get real i highly doubt you fought American troops hand to hand. And its easy to be a hard arse over the internet so save it I find the more people talk about being a tough guy the less likely they are to actually be one
edit on 11-8-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The article is clearly a ridiculously ignorant propaganda piece written by yet another fearful, paranoid American gun-fetishist.

However, I agree that due to decades of bitter, spiteful and hate-filled feminism influencing social policy, real men are becoming fewer and fewer, but this sad phenomenon is hardly confined to the UK - it's anywhere where the man-hating, fugly feminists are given any influence.

There are still plenty of real men in Britain ( although I wouldn't be so immodest as to automatically include myself in that category
), but it's true that more and more ''men'' - throughout Britain, and the West, in general - are becoming dangerously feminised little wussies.

edit on 11-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

By giving up their natural right to self-defense, for example, England’s law-abiding citizens have become defenseless both physically and psychologically.

If this prick would consider himself defenceless if a nasty policeman took his gun away, then he clearly isn't in a position to judge anyone else's manhood.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by EvanB

that and your all jacked up on tea all the time. Caffeine induced fits of rage make you feel like super man
get real i highly doubt you fought American troops hand to hand. And its easy to be a hard arse over the internet so save it I find the more people talk about being a tough guy the less likely they are to actually be one

Yes I have, infact in Denmark too.

The yanks were given cards whenever they were on manouvers with us that said;

Do not bet with British soldiers
Do not drink with British soldiers
Do not try and take their girls.
You will lose

That is true, and so is the tea bit

Infact it was on exercise against US troops in Denmark, during a wood clearance, that all you could here was "owww" "oofff" from us kicking the crap out of our the Yanks playing enemy. The Italians and Danish too.

We are like Millwall FC

Nobody likes us

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

reply to post by EvanB

You will lose

Infact it was on exercise against US troops in Denmark, during a wood clearance, that all you could here was "owww" "oofff" from us kicking the crap out of our the Yanks playing enemy. The Italians and Danish too.

We are like Millwall FC

Nobody likes us

hey at least we have straight shiny teeth

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If you want a definition of manly, look to Ghandi. Enough of these 'manly' wars which solve nothing, nothing at all.

British men pillaged half the world. That's not manly, that's despicable.

British men - and women - now need to find the balls to take up mass civil disobedience - but that will mean giving up some luxuries so it ain't gonna happen.

Many would rather kill than give up some of their little comforts. That's what's wrong.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Are you guys really having a pissing contest over the 'net?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The neanderthals have taken the floor!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

reply to post by EvanB

You will lose

We are like Millwall FC

Nobody likes us

hey at least we have straight shiny teeth

Hey!

I have all my shiny plastic ones.

They are like the stars, they come out at night

Thats fighting for ya..
edit on 11-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
If you want a definition of manly, look to Ghandi. Enough of these 'manly' wars which solve nothing, nothing at all.

British men pillaged half the world. That's not manly, that's despicable.

British men - and women - now need to find the balls to take up mass civil disobedience - but that will mean giving up some luxuries so it ain't gonna happen.

Many would rather kill than give up some of their little comforts. That's what's wrong.

You aint wrong

I would not give up my luxurious lifestyle for anyone

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Remind me to invite you to my next party in my luxurous penthouse that we all seem to have according to you.

You sound like a lot of fun

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Interesting piece.

The author seems to have his facts wrong though, and a particularly skewed viewpoint.

I don't recall any riots in the US being stopped by the fact that the general public were armed.

Indeed, it didn't make a difference in New Orleans, or LA, or Seattle, did it?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
May I also add "Do NOT drink with British soldiers or challenge British soldiers to drinking contests" - the Queen's men cannot be beaten at either of those.

BTW England hasent existed since 1707. It's now called the United Kingdom.
England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland + the 17 British crown dependencies and overseas territories = United Kingdom

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Remind me to invite you to my next party in my luxurous penthouse that we all seem to have according to you.

You sound like a lot of fun

Thanks, but no thanks. You don't sound like fun at all.

Meanwhile, our gubberment is installing a dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Typical English response we beat up Americans dee dee dee so that makes us tough lol it not the fact that you personally beat up one member that im having a hard time believing its that your lumping in your follow soldiers as well as being super tough. Like we Americans are soft without the guns and if that's your stance well i got some people who would love to meet you
but i warn you when your getting your face stomped in by a guy who 6'8 all muscle trained in mixed martial arts who is also a marine remember you asked for it

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Even here in the states you cant expect the police to help the private citizen...
and in the case of what happened there in New Orleans... the cops only made things worse...

NEW ORLEANS (CN) - A jury on Friday found five New Orleans police officers guilty in the post-Katrina shooting deaths of two unarmed men and the wounding of four others as they tried to cross the Danziger Bridge after Hurricane Katrina. The officers were found not guilty of murder.
The verdicts were the second group of cop convictions stemming from post-Katrina shootings. The Danziger Bridge shooting was widely publicized because of the police cover-up - including planting of a gun - after the shootings - a cover-up that lasted for years.
Full story here

yup shooting of unarmed civilians... for sport... for giggles and grins...people who were fleeing the flood waters...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
...What happened the English spirit the repelled the Germans and endured the battle of Britain??? what changed??? Clearly something did or these riots wouldn't be happening..

I think it's the welfare state that took them. That's what welfare does. Is takes men out of the equation.

Here is an article that explains it well enough to recognize where the road leads. I know it's an American article about what's going on there but British articles about the US pinch my nipple hard enough that I can, occasionally, appreciate a POV from our good friends, even if they're far removed...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Thanks.

Such wonderful stories obviously make a gun culture more appealing, don't they?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Well, ya'll can knock our gun culture all you want; but I guarantee you my Winchester equals my odds when going against a man much bigger then me.

As to the topic: there are plenty of manly men out there, I'm around a bunch they just don't feel the need to put it on display, they know who and what they are. I don't know where people are getting the idea that there aren't any "real men" anymore. It would be interesting to know what definition is being used by this article.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join