It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Contact with Hypersonic Plane!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
reply to post by OuttaTime

Update 12:29pET- DARPA says it could not regain contact with HTV2 but the hypersonic wedge can terminate its flight autonomously.

Sounds like it will go down about like planned anyway since they lost contact towards the end of the flight, id imagine they just have to locate it.

Yeah, I think as soon as I saw 'DARPA' I figured there were black-op agendas and press releases to go with it. They are serious bed partners with BAE and Martin Marietta (black ops ogres)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

HAHAHAHAHAHA that landing doesn't look very safe!! they literally dive-bomb it straight into the ocean with a big middle finger at tax payers.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Contact has been regained.Some moron at the control tower sent the plane to pick up his laundry.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hey, everybody.

I just wanted to know if anyone noticed this bit of the story?

DARPA used Twitter to announce the launch and status of the flight.

hosted.ap.org...

The reason I ask is because it is somewhat connected to the thread posted by BurnTheShips here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please check out the DARPA document linked there. You will see that this story does jibe with DARPAs new program concerning social media.

Important stuff.

I would like to once again suggest that ATS form a special forum for CyberWarfare so we can keep all of this stuff in one place.

Losing contact with these flying death machines is totally Terminator, is it not?

My own thread on WarBots...

Thanks, OP.

edit on 11-8-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Contact has been regained

You bet your butt it's been regained.

This story is all over the web.

But that is of course just what DARPA wants. They came out of the gate Tweeting in order to start with 'control' (within social media networks) and then hopefully maintain it throughout the mission.

This is the goal of the DARPA program outlined in the paper linked at BurnTheShip's thread...

Read it if you are all able to. Just a little will suffice to orient you towards the programs goals.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by JennaDarling

Can you hear me now!!!
Its funny, but not. There must be a design flaw! Could you imagine though, flying to LA to NY in 12 minutes?? What a ride, and I thought the Intimidator at Carowinds was crazy!

Here is a link I found about the plane
edit on 11-8-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

no try the Griffon at Busch Gardens in VA

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yeah, I heard about that... I could just picture it. This out of control triangle flying around the world at 13,000 MPH....

Those birds better watch out....

Oh wait, what if it went really low?Like 5 feet off the ground? DUCK!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
As i was saying in annother thread i posted,ET dont want us up there. Keep humanity confined to ground untill they grow up and evolve from being post industrial barbarians.

"We know how to boost the aircraft to near space. We know how to insert the aircraft into atmospheric hypersonic flight. We do now know how to achieve the desired control during the aerodynamic phase of flight," Schulz said.

At first, the launch seemed to go off successfully, despite the dense Central Coast fog making it hard to see the glider take-off -- only the sounds of the launch resonated through the air. No light from the "Falcon" craft was visible, all that was seen was a whiteout from fog and green hills in the foreground.

maybe it was, its 3 they lost and their story dont ring true.Were supposed to beleive they dont understand aerodynamics after all these years and the intensive wind tunnel testing and state of the art computer simulations and design is a failure? If so then what faith should congress or anyone place in any equipment namely flight equipment they are involved it?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think this is just some typical preplanned Disinformation on the part of DARPA.

Do you really think that DARPA, who most likely employs some of the smartest people on the planet, would allow not ONE, but TWO, very, very, very, expensive, High tech space ramjets and assorted complex electronics, to just disappear?

"Whoops, guess we lost another one boys, who's up for some IHOP?". Lol.

I would bet my bottom dollar that they not only had electronic comm's but Radar AND Satellite's keeping a very close eye on where Exactly it was at every single second of it's flight.

This is run of the mill disinformation for somebody's benefit, obviously.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Springheel Jack

You may be right there. But did they 'lose' them, or did they venture out further than they are willing to admit? Since we know very little about it, could it also be the next generation of shuttle? A super high altitude bomber? Undetectable global recon? Interplanetary? There's more questions than answers at this point

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Unfortunately for us we can only guess.

What if they are in orbit just waiting for an E-A-M from NORAD to execute their Target Package...we would have complete deniability because "We lost those birds".

We could drop a nuke on NK or Tehran and we could just shrug our shoulders and say "Huh, so sorry for your loss, can send some aid your way?"

Then those 3 letter agencies can sit back and laaaaaaaaaugh....

Man, I need to work for those guys!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Springheel Jack

Ain't that the truth. Those black ops are tricky. Especially coming from the depths of DARPA. For all we know them things are capable of flight outside the atmosphere. Lost them? Or are they up to something they don't care to talk about?
I just can't see them dropping billions into research just to launch a fast strato-skimmer. Recon? That's why them thousands of satellites are up there for

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel Jack
I think this is just some typical preplanned Disinformation on the part of DARPA.

Do you really think that DARPA, who most likely employs some of the smartest people on the planet, would allow not ONE, but TWO, very, very, very, expensive, High tech space ramjets and assorted complex electronics, to just disappear?

"Whoops, guess we lost another one boys, who's up for some IHOP?". Lol.

I would bet my bottom dollar that they not only had electronic comm's but Radar AND Satellite's keeping a very close eye on where Exactly it was at every single second of it's flight.

This is run of the mill disinformation for somebody's benefit, obviously.

Yeah, they say that it self detonated before crashing into the ocean......
Smells Fishy to me

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
(Since the other thread got closed...)

I ponder if this was the "missile" that was picked up by a TV-station helicopter in Los Angeles a while back. The Pentagon said "we dunno what that thing was." Then they came out a few days later and claimed it was an airplane contrail coming towards Los Angeles, not moving away from the city.

Looking at the trajectory of the rocket used to launch the HTV it seems quite possible as both shoot out over the Pacific from an air-force base in Southern Cali.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a7beb4ce82f.jpg[/atsimg]
(For full image)
media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=215132

Also, The HTV "disappearing" also reminds me of the X-37b occurence.
(‘Secret’ X-37B Space Plane Disappears Again)
www.universetoday.com...

Sound familiar?

edit on 12-8-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Seems to me they are using this to hide something else going on. Perhaps it is really just a high speed drone being used to test a missile defense system like the Airborne Laser. Maybe they are actually shooting it down! Another possibility is they are going hey guys watch this super secret test over here while doing something else at another location. You know to get China, Russia etc. to point all their surveillance stuff over here instead of over there where the real action is.

Anyway there is certainly more going on with this than meets the eye as they just don't announce secrets like this unless doing so to cover something else up.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Has anyone seen an actual image of the aircraft posted anywere?
Seems kinda funny that the 2 or 3 same 3D renderings and animations are used all over. No real pictures that i can find. Not questioning its existence, just kinda puzzled..

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Its just a waste of taxpayers' money if you ask me. Better use of the money towards building schools and roads and whatnot. US is a big country stretching from the Atlantic to the Pacific so I am sure there will be be something to upgrade. We hear the ordinary citizens complaining about lack of job opporturnities and the country's debt crisis but on the other hand you have the money to throw into the pond ( Pacific Ocean). Really amazes me.

<< 1  2   >>

join