It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Contact with Hypersonic Plane!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Glad they finally released their 1970's technology

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
Glad they finally released their 1970's technology

They are still 1500 years behind our technology down in the Hollow Earth realms.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Has anyone checked 1985? McFly went back to save Doc Brown from the Lybians. I just hope the Flux Capacitor has enough juice to get them back safely.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Did 'they' lose it, or did the official report predict it would dissappear? What I'm asking is, did it vanish because they designed it to? Our ground crews had no problem communicating with the shuttles as they blasted out into space (faster than 13k mph). The speed of sound is about 760 mph and radio waves are hundreds times faster.
I suspect it is on its' way to an otherwise undisclosed destination.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Good afternoon passengers,the weather is sunny out and 80 degrees.But you wont know what planet you are on after these engines kick in.When I say fasten your seaten belts,I really mean fasten your seat belts.This baby can really move.Your gonna feel some serious g forces here in a moment.Enjoy the ride and who knows what is gonna happen as were gonna be traveling pretty darn fast here.The parachute is over head,but if you bail out at 13,000 miles an hour,you wont be able to pull the cord because you will be stuck to the side of the plane.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Update 12:29pET- DARPA says it could not regain contact with HTV2 but the hypersonic wedge can terminate its flight autonomously.

Sounds like it will go down about like planned anyway since they lost contact towards the end of the flight, id imagine they just have to locate it.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
the plane is unmanned and designed to replace icbm's as the primary delivery system of large payloads across the planet, makes no sense? its most likely a project trying to develop a missile to counteract all missile defense systems known to man by sheer speed and velocity. hmm who just came out with a new missile shield and deployed it on their european border, i wonder?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Does the world realy need an robotic hypersonic weapons delivery system?
I hope the damn thing is lost and they shut down the whole project.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I wonder what somebody would sell the plane for on ebay if it landed in there yard.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
I wonder what somebody would sell the plane for on ebay if it landed in there yard.

If it landed in your yard, that would be the least of your worries lol

Probably some kid playing with their RC car took control of the plane.
edit on 11-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

I would imagine this is a first strike plane... We would never gain from it as say traveling but it is impressive to be able to attack anyone in the world in 12 minutes.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
no worries it just got pulled over and is getting one heck of a speeding ticket about now

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Imagine if this plane was running on solar power and orbiting the earth continuously.Every hour and a half you would have to take cover in the crawlspace under the house.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Thats why people invented the ripcord or shotgun with a beer can.So you get on the plane,guzzle a can of beer,youll barely have a chance to burp before landing.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I wonder if this plane gets good gas mileage.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Oh, I seriously doubt they "lost" it. I don't think they really care if we believe their story about losing it or not. I think they're just flexing their muscles to let China and Russia know what our government is capable of right around the time China is completing its J-20 and Russia's PAK FA T-50. Our F-22 makes for a nice cover story

So we go from the fastest jet (SR-71) which was capable of mach 3+ to one that did mach 22? If memory serves correctly, the SR-71 was late 1950's and or early 1960's technology. I think its said that for every year that goes by, we go 44.5 years in military technology.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hi folks,this is your captain.I hope your enjoying the flight.Currently we are over france,I mean Spain,I mean Australia,i mean antartica,I mean I lost control of the plane and we will be approaching mars momentarily.No need to panic,I will radio the control tower and see if they have another one of these 500 billion dollar planes handy and maybe they can intercept us and we can do a passenger transfer.
edit on 11-8-2011 by brindle because: mistake

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
www.dailyscript.com...

Elaine addresses the PASSENGERS.

ELAINE
(to passengers)
Please, ladies and gentlemen, please calm
down. Listen to me!

They calm down.

ELAINE
We've been thrown off course just a tad.

PASSENGER
What's that mean?

ELAINE
In space terms, about 70 million miles.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Attention passengers,we will be taking off shortly.The attendant will be by to super glue you to your seats.In the event the glue fails,realize that you will be bounced off the walls of this plane like a human pinball for several minutes.This being said,please enjoy your flight and thank you for flying WEGETYOUTHEREINAHURRYBIATCH airlines.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I was trying to wrap my mind around the possibility of mag-lev trains capable of mach 2......no longer!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join