It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye internet privacy in canada.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Something tells me this bill is a tentative one, that will at worse pave way for some lighter policies, but nothing too serious.

And how the Hell could they impose these rules? THis simply doesn't make sense. This is ridiculous compared to the terrible HADOPI policy in Europe, that forces ISPs to reveal any info on users when ordered by the Thought Police.

Still these absurd moves from the establishment have to be fought against, any way we can.
edit on 12/8/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is nuts, how much more freedom are they going to take away from us?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Lol, so how do they expect to compete with laptops that use a NIC card to connect to the internet. These NIC cards read off of other peoples wireless internet, and cell phone towers. I could use my Lap top in one spot, then 20ft away my IP will change and it'll be of someones residential housing.

They can't do what OP listed because it's impossible at this point in time.. If Canada has already made the switch to IPV6, then maybe... But only maybe.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Everything that makes technology good, makes it bad in the wrong hands. That's very interesting, isn't it? It's like the internet and related technology is the perfect playing field for the final battle between darkness and light.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The End of Privacy by Reg Whitaker(book is found at DeVry library too)

The Information Revolution and the rise of the networked society are reconstituting the structures of power on a global scale. In The End of Privacy, Reg Whitaker, a leading expert on government surveillance, shows that these developments pose dramatic new threats to personal privacy. Reg Whitaker shows how vast amounts of personal information are moving into corporate hands. Once there, this data can be combined and used to develop electronic profiles of individuals and groups that are potentially far more detailed, and far more intrusive, than the files built up in the past by state police and security agencies.

Spychips By Kathrerin Albrecht, website
www.spychips.com...

Electronic Frontier FOundation
www.eff.org...

EPIC
epic.org...

Chinese surveillance
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
Everything that makes technology good, makes it bad in the wrong hands. That's very interesting, isn't it? It's like the internet and related technology is the perfect playing field for the final battle between darkness and light.

Yes,it's a two-edged sword isn't it!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

You keep ignoring my main point:

There's no real reason to outlaw Internet anonymity except for population control.

Alright already, I wasn't aware that the governments were seeking the ability to monitor and control hundreds of millions of people at any given time.. Interesting, but completely impossible, though I respect your positions on all of this.

Good luck with that, and maintaining control over your lives on the internet, because we all now know that everyone lives exclusively on the internet now, and because of that they can now be controlled. Amazing powers that is, even God himself has to be envious of it.

You sound like a savvy technology guy

Menwith Hill/Echelon satellite spy station

www.fas.org...
edit on 12-8-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Is "free speech" as important to the people who live on this planet as is seems to be a threat to those who want to control them?

When you express your thoughts and opinions, do you force others to agree?

No, only governments do that.

I think all these restrictive measures should be placed on them, not us.

To all my Canadian friends..... sorry for your troubles.... I hope you can make the ivory-tower elites see reason; although I doubt they'll listen; after all; without fear and threats, they have nothing to work with.

what happens in canada will happen everywhere .
i personally think the internet has had its day and would love for them to disband it completely as it is a huge waste of time .

But...they will not disband it as the whole idea was to create dependent people who need it to live through , just so THEY the awfull ones can track you .
I say the best way to protest these invasions of self , is to STOP using THIER ( the Awfull ones ) technology
Who supports me on this .
stand up and remain anonoymous .
edit on 14-8-2011 by Anusuia because: spelling mistake

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The law is completely illegal, and violates our infinite unalieable rights. The constitution is only negotiating some rights they took back, but does not touch the infinite rights we all have. I have no fear and will bash the government away. He has been writtent to in the past, and I will do it again, that if he, or anyone acting on his behalf, comes within a reasonable distance of me, I am obligated, knowing that he is a psychotic killer and fascist criminal, to perform a citizens arrest. I DONT FEAR THEM AND ANY ILLEGAL BILL THEY TRY TO PASS OFF AS REAL LAW, COMMON LAW. CORPORATE LAW IS ILLEGAL!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia

Originally posted by Maxmars
Is "free speech" as important to the people who live on this planet as is seems to be a threat to those who want to control them?

When you express your thoughts and opinions, do you force others to agree?

No, only governments do that.

I think all these restrictive measures should be placed on them, not us.

To all my Canadian friends..... sorry for your troubles.... I hope you can make the ivory-tower elites see reason; although I doubt they'll listen; after all; without fear and threats, they have nothing to work with.

what happens in canada will happen everywhere .

Yes.

It will.

Already has.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Who gave Harper a majority anyways?

I have yet to meet, out of the very few Canadians who even voted, someone who supported Harper.

It's all a sham now. Fascism has come to my homeland. Will we sit still for this too?

Frankly I do not really care about my Internet alias anyways. I'm damn sure the government already knows my political views regardless of what alias I use. I'm not afraid, but what would I gain from the fear of losing my anonymity? It would only promote the real image of what I am and my cause: a political student with a strong sense of national sovereignty from both other countries and their corporate proxies.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Things are just getting insane.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Another reason why Quebec should be independant

Anyway , we will continue to do what we do now , if they try to block us , use a proxy :3

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Goodbye internet privacy in canada.

canadianawareness.org

Where are internet aliases most commonly used by Canadians today? They are almost universally used in internet forums, bloggers’ comments sections, and comment sections of other websites. This law will make using an alias a crime. It is not likely they will try to prosecute everyone using an alias online but it will give the government the means to identify and criminalize anyone who writes anything the government disapproves of. Imagine an internet where Canadians were forbidden by law to speak anonymously.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Canadians have access to the internet? Learn something new every day...

But yeah, that is kind of a scary law...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join