It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Has ALREADY Happened: Open Warfare on the Streets of Newark - US Troops vs Snipers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
To begin, here is some primer information on the subject at hand, which has been discussed in many threads, but it does not seem to have a thread of its own.

Interesting parallel to todays riots in London:

This unrest came to a head when two white Newark policemen, John DeSimone and Vito Pontrelli, arrested a black cabdriver, John Weerd Smith, for improperly passing them on 15th Avenue.[4] Smith was taken to the 4th Police Precinct, which was across the street from Hayes Homes, a large public housing project. Residents of Hayes Homes saw an incapacitated Smith being dragged into the precinct, and a rumor was started that he had been killed while in police custody. Smith had been moved to a local hospital.

Wiki NJ Riots

Revolution

Now, many here talk of troops being used against civilians and the civil war it would cause - please watch the following video - it could have been shot in Iraq - snipers and US troops battling in the USA...

When people claim that this can't happen, they are most certainly wrong. Just thought I'd give today's history lesson.

Here is a good page that has a lot of info on the subject:

NJ 1967 Riots

and some more:

Long Hot Summer

Reasons

ColoradoJens
edit on 11-8-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

It is a must watch video, especially for those who don't understand even recent history here in the US, not like this is school material or anything...am I on mute or something?

CJ

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I believe the 70s gear looked badder than the modern outfits but think if the military starting hanging BullNuts from all their planes, tanks and vehicles it would be a hilarious nice addition, probably PC too and if for no other reason -priceless faces
edit on 11-8-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Good stuff, I had not known about this previously. Definitely should be a wake up call for people who feel the US is immune to such things.

S&F!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

They probably did and do now!
Did you see the shootout with the close ups? Coulda' been anywhere in the world! Thanks for the post.

CJ

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
Good stuff, I had not known about this previously. Definitely should be a wake up call for people who feel the US is immune to such things.

S&F!

Thanks for that gwydionblack! It is amazing to look back and see that this is not the only time troops have been on the streets! As for the actions of the troops, well, based on many threads here on ATS, this would now lead to full scale anarchy...interesting...Thanks again for the post!

Edit to add: The same year, 1967, the National Guard was also in Detroit:

Detroit 1967 Wiki

CJ

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The millitary also shot dozen's of homeless back in the great Depression,when tent city's began forming.The millitary brass who ordered this, later went on to be President.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

That is a good point...and most of those they shot were veterans...if they are going to kill the vets, they won't think for a moment about killing average man...

CJ

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Champaign Il, had dudes on rooftops too, the cops stayed away.. I know cause one of my friends dad is still serivng life for killing 2 cops.. my buddy automatically was promoted to "prince" in the G.D. becaue of his dad.. still to this day the cops in champaign-urbana don't F with the disciples

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Can you share more on the story? Are you saying military, not swat, was after Gangster Disciples?

Here are more examples of National Guard (14,000 troops!) in Watts, LA...

Watts Wiki

CJ

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
The millitary also shot dozen's of homeless back in the great Depression,when tent city's began forming.The millitary brass who ordered this, later went on to be President.

More on this:

In June 1932 a small band of World War One Veterans calling themselves the Bonus Expeditionary Force or BEF started gathering in Washington to protest Congress' delay in the payment of their War Bonds they were promised. By mid August their numbers had grown to between 15,000 and 24,00 depending on the source as more and more Veterans and their families gathered in Washington demanding that they be paid.

At 4:00 that afternoon Major Patton ordered the Calvary to charge the unarmed veterans and their families. Killing and wounding many of the marchers as well as a few by standers, one of whom was a United States Senator. As the day progressed into night the Army attacked the Veterans main encampment with small arms, bayonets, machineguns and tanks. In all it is reported that some 1,600 people, mostly woman and children were killed in the daylong struggle. Nobody knows for sure the exact number as there were those who had escapped the city during the fighting and who died of their injuries while on the roads heading back to their homes.

March of the Bonus Army

Sickening. Horrible. How, how can they do this to their own brethren?

CJ

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I worked undercover in Newark for about 3 months. I have to tell you it was the most scariest time of my law enforcement career. Seriously.

It is a different world. Block and blocks of burned out buildings. The local residence-younger ones-roam in packs/with dogs, looking for opportunity.

The normal folks can't have anything nice. They come along and destroy it... just because it is nice.

A sick mentallity developes within those "walls" of Newark. I say it could give East LA a run for the money as the worst area in the Country to live.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

i recall Newark in chaos very well. it was a terrible time. it affected many people for many years, and damaged good will and brotherhood for many for years afterward.

over the years we've had a lot of rough times in the usa. maybe it didn't come down to the military being called in, but in a few cities cars & buildings would burn annually just because it was almost Halloween.

do you recall the incredible stupidity demonstrated by LEO's in Philly a few years back? police had some trouble with a group in one building in a hardtimes neighborhood. the law escalated things incredibly out of proportion, and then chose to use a BOMB on the building where a few alleged wanted felons refused to come out. this genius action resulted in a butt-load of homes burning to the ground, injuries and i don't recall if or how many people died. a crapload of innocent people that never had an easy day in their lives were left homeless, their possessions gone, just the clothes on their backs. google the story for the facts.

we've seen far too much violence in america. killing people for their beliefs or their race. killing unarmed college students in peaceful protest. it's sick and twisted. our fearless leaders in charge and those in law enforcement had best get right with the Lord, for they have much they will one day have to stand and answer for.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Thanks so much for that informative post. It is always good to have those who remeber such events speak up and remind us all of the horrors of those times. The late 60's were terrible race violence times...it is true that one event can make all of the tension built up over the years explode.

Regarding the Philadelphia incident, another tragedy in the long line of over policing *(but not military):

PHILADELPHIA, May 13-A state police helicopter this evening dropped a bomb on a house occupied by an armed group after a 24-hour siege involving gun battles. A 90 -minute shootout this morning came after a week of growing tension between the city and the group, known as Move. Residents in the western Philadelphia neighborhood had complained about the group for years. The only known survivors from within the house were a woman and a child. The fire spread to 50 to 60 other houses in the neighborhood, said the Fire Commissioner, William Richmond. He declared the fire under control about 11:40 P.M.

Talk about getting fired.

Buring Everyone for a Few

CJ

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I worked undercover in Newark for about 3 months. I have to tell you it was the most scariest time of my law enforcement career. Seriously.

It is a different world. Block and blocks of burned out buildings. The local residence-younger ones-roam in packs/with dogs, looking for opportunity.

The normal folks can't have anything nice. They come along and destroy it... just because it is nice.

A sick mentallity developes within those "walls" of Newark. I say it could give East LA a run for the money as the worst area in the Country to live.

I have been there and what a dump. My bro has been living in Saddle River, a far cry. It is always interesting taking the metro through NJ: the towns out the window change so dramatically, so quickly. You ever been to Orange? Dump there too. Don't break down on the wrong street.

Thanks for the input. As I have said before, personal input betters help the situation...sounds like Newark never really recovered.

CJ

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Chicago had riots in 1968 with National Guard.

1968 Chicago Race Riot

When Martin Luther King was shot, it was immediately recognized as the spark that would set off another round of violence in 1968. In the wake of the assassination there were 2,600 fires and 21,270 injuries nationwide. By noon on the day after the shooting groups of young black people had gathered throughout the city. The violence began with smashed store windows and looting; arson and sniper attacks soon followed. By 2:00 p.m. the governor had dispatched over 600 members of the Illinois National Guard and Mayor Daley had sent out the entire Chicago fire department and borrowed fire departments from eight suburbs. Fires raged throughout the city, completely engulfing many black neighborhoods. Power lines to the predominantly black West Side were now dead, leaving that part of the city in darkness, and giving cover and encouragement for more looting.

As the violence entered its second day, Mayor Daley began to try and take back the city. 1,500 more National Guardsmen were put on the streets. A 7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. curfew was imposed on people less than 21 years of age. Liquor sales were banned in areas with "serious disorder." Troops patrolled the city in jeeps and military deployments guarded every intersection on the West Side. That night was much quieter, but far from tranquil. Molotov cocktails were still being thrown, buildings were still being torched, and snipers were still shooting at firemen.

edit on Aug-11-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thank you xuenchen. The '68 riots in Chi-town are or should be well known to most, as the democratic riots of 1968...the forefront of the entire thing was the dying gasps of the pathetic pigs trying to hold back the equal rights movement...Vietnam, the growing poverty gap, disenfranchisement all around. Sounds a bit familiar and recent, doesn't it?

CJ

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

bump? I thought it was relavent due to circumstances around the globe currently.

CJ

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Another thing to look at is this:

Garden Plot

Operation Garden Plot is a general U.S. Army and National Guard plan to respond to major domestic civil disturbances within the United States.[citation needed] The plan was developed in response to the civil disorders of the 1960s and is now under the control of the U.S. Northern Command (NORTHCOM). It provides Federal military and law enforcement assistance to local governments during times of major civil disturbances.

Garden Plot was last activated (as Noble Eagle)[citation needed] to provide military assistance to civil authorities following the September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States. The Pentagon also activated it to restore order during the 1992 Los Angeles Riots.[citation needed]

Under Homeland Security restructuring, it has been suggested that similar models be followed.

"Oversight of these homeland security missions should be provided by the National Guard Bureau based on the long-standing Garden Plot model in which National Guard units are trained and equipped to support civil authorities in crowd control and civil disturbance missions." Testimony of Major General Richard C. Alexander, ANGUS (Ret.), Executive Director, National Guard Association of the United States, Senate Appropriations Committee Hearing on Homeland Defense, April 11, 2002

Was "Garden Plot" written in to "make it legal", or was it always "legal" by other means ?

Other nations may have similar "laws".

If "unwanted" protests occur in the U.S., we WILL see the military.

anon72 is looking at this in a new thread GardenPlot

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Excellent & thank you so much. I will check out anon's thread directly - again, I appreciate you adding to the thread and thank you for the civility.

Here is the riots we are experiencing, except in music form. TURN UP LOUD AND TAKE IT IN.

CJ
edit on 13-8-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join