It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Riots Shouldn't Be Stopped - They should continue on a larger scale.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I stopped reading after you said "instead of complaining on the web"

Is that not what you are doing sir?

With all due respect, shut up.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

In answer to your O.P..

WARNING! More rioting!! There's been a fight in the biscuit tin. A lad called Rocky, hit a Penguin over the head with a Club, tied him to a Wagon Wheel with a Blue Ribbon and made his Breakaway in a Taxi. Police say Rocky was last seen just After Eight in Maryland with a Ginger Nut as an accomplice only known to the police as Rich T. They didn't leave a crumb of evidence, so the Jammie Dodger might get away with it.
edit on 11/8/2011 by Freelancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Flag and star for you OP for speaking outright truth.

Fortunately, or unfortunately we have individuals of different opinion. Which is good and healthy.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdI

I'm not ONLY complaining on the web, sir. There are many people on here who would complain day in and day out about how terrible the UK is, but given this shining opportunity to make a wee bit of difference in that, they chose to stand down and instead flock to the internet to display their displeasure with such "criminals" and "hoodlums". I'm all for having a presence and spreading the word on the internet, but if that is all that you are good for then I'm afraid it isn't going to amount to much in the grand scheme of things.

reply to post by Freelancer

I wish I knew anything of what you were talking about.

reply to post by Skittle

Always good to have differing opinions on things, but frankly, the looters have done a lot more to make an impact in this world than most people might hope to on ATS. This of course could change if they chose to make a stand and actually act out in the world, but time will reveal what is to happen in the situation.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Three people died defending what they hold dear, one kid thought he was being helped and got robbed, I thought their were intelligent posters on this site and we get you and your ilk. I can only hope that if there are riots where you live, that people crap all over you and all your hold dear, showing the same consideration for you that they should those they beat up, those they stripped naked, those whose lives and businesses they destroyed. There is no revolution here just an immature opportunism by children who have no decent examples in their community or home life to look up to.

Change does n`t need to come through violence, only someone with limited intelligence would suggest so, its the only option left open to you.

Advocating revolution through violence, tut tut

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tyson45

When is the last time you visited a school, let alone attended one. Education doesn't lead to people that think independently which is what is needed in this situation. Go get an education if you want to become a full fledged member of a failing social system!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
No need to continue the cycle of destruction... No matter the intention anger begets more anger, and violence begets violence.

Peaceful non-compliance is the way. It is not some hippy fantasy either, it has done in the past with incredible success.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

But that's the thing, you are telling people not to complain, to do something about it.
Are you doing something about it yourself other then coming online and complaining about complaining?
If you were, I doubt you would be online. But I am not you so I do not know for sure what you are doing.

I wanted to add I agree with the people who say violence is not the answer. The only time I deem violence acceptable is to defend yourself. All this riotting is stupid if they want change then don't attack innocent people. They are doing exactly what they are suppose to be fighting for.

When I was growing up my mom told me to treat others how I want to be treated guess that lesson wasn't taught to everyone.

edit on 11-8-2011 by ThirdI because: Added another paragraph

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

reply to post by Freelancer

I wish I knew anything of what you were talking about.

Nevermind him, he's just the cookie monster!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Rebel without a clue - congratulations!

Now please do us all a favor and smash your computer monitor with a baseball bat, I am sure you will feel much better.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Agree & Disagree. These particular riots have absolutely no purpose. Just a bunch of wannabe thugs and criminals destroying and stealing things for their own benefit. They claim that they're angry with the Government, yet they're destroying and looting the PRIVATE property and businesses of families "struggling" just like themselves. It's clear they have no idea what they are doing, and the fact that the groups also consist of 10 and 11 year old's proves this. Kids that age wouldn't even understand the riots supposed purpose. It's all just for fun. I'm all for making a stand against TPTB, but when innocent people are being murdered by the very group supposedly fighting for them?.. it just does not make sense. These rioters are mindless criminals, straight up.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Il be honest, i didnt read your entire OP.

Im sickened by what i did read though......i fear being banned from what i wish to say so il leave it at that

Oh...150 are escaping a tower block in london because rioters set alight to the building...YAY revolution/....pleb

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

you don't indicate in your sidebar where you are writing from so i don't know how serious you are. i think if you were in the UK being victimized at the moment, your business or house being looted or burned to nothing, you would not be spewing such rubbish.

but i will give you +1 Troll Points because you have such excellent spelling.

as i wrote, i've no idea where you are geographically. since you have the internet i would think you are aware of what law enforcement does to people in america for even sleight, and sometimes perceived offenses. please do feel free to put your money where your keyboard is. come to america or head outside if you are here, and run amuck like a wild hoodlum. if the police don't kill you we can all send lovely get well soon cards to you in a prison infirmary.

have fun!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72

Rebel without a clue - congratulations!

Now please do us all a favor and smash your computer monitor with a baseball bat, I am sure you will feel much better.

sweet! i know i would!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
You don't need to be all violent and stuff to start up a revolution...there is a thing called.

PEACEFUL REVOLUTION...

Gandhi did for India...BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE

Let's start from within and spread out to others...seriously, if you really want CHANGE than it has to come from you.

For a better EARTH...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f5fc4f10bfe.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 11-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So, the riots should've continued, eh? You have absolutely no clue whatsoever about what you are wishing for. Do you actually believe riots and looting to be a 'good' thing? Do you actually believe that anarchy is the way to go for change?

Suppose I don't agree with the kind of society you want to set up after you have had your revolution, and that is if you win it? Who's going to lead this glorious revolution, who's going to create and lead the society you want? Who have you in place to take over?

Anarchy is one thing, revolution is another, and you need to know the difference between the two. Anarchy is destructive, just like revolution, but anarchy does not rebuild, whereas revolution does, the difference is in the mindset and ideology. Both can arise out of the same anger and frustrations, struggles and oppression, but only one has a focus and an eye to the future, only one has a purpose, and it isn't anarchy. Rioters and looters of the kind seen in the recent lawlessness and disorder in my country garners nothing but enemies, because anarchy targets anyone, revolution targets the oppressor. The former is nothing more than mindless mayhem, whereas the latter is purposeful and controlled resistance for a change to a hoped for better society.

Once anarchy begins, how do you switch it off without turning to violence to do so? How do you get people to agree with your vision for the future?

The 'OP's' post is nothing but utter stupidity. Ridiculous and child-like in its scope, and having not an ounce of sense or understanding. To be sure, I would like for him to get what he wants, but in his community, in his neighbourhood, because the only way he's going to truly understand how pathetic he's being with his post is by tasting anarchy firsthand, by having his life, his family, his possessions taken from him by total strangers unencumbered by moral or scruple or by police or by an army. Let him experience what life would be like when the safety mechanisms of society are taken away. He'll soon be crying..."I didn't mean it like this!"

The OP has made probably one of the most stupidest posts ever to grace the pages of ATS!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

When the riots comes to the United States- when a full on outburst finally comes that breaks the calm cover of the American populace - I guarantee that I will be a part of it, and I guarantee that it will not stop after a few days because of principle. I will REFUSE to let it stop.

Who are you trying to convince !

I have said and will say again - that if the revolution does not start by 2013, then I will see to it that it does. You can hold be accountable for that if you would like.

That is quite a statement ....... to go on the record with. You may very well be held accountable yet.

BUT if there would have been someone on the front lines, motivating these people and directing their anger towards the people it should be directed at - THE GOVERNMENT - then they could have saved the whole negative looting things and just ousted the government in one fell swoop.

I believe that a mob can be controlled, or at the very least, urged in a particular direction. However, you would have to be one of the mob in order to do so. There is no other way around it.

With hope, I will have the chance to test my theory one day.

You will be a leader ? Empty vessels make the most noise ..... a noise that is amplified whilst online..

If riots starting on my streets and they seemed without direction, the first thing I would do is grab a megaphone and join in with them. When the time was right and before any massive damage was done,I would direct their attention to me, and I would at the very least attempt to rally them in the direction of the real problem.

(emphasis/ mine)

You quite enjoy having attention directed at you... eh ?

Once I got their attention their, I would once again grab the megaphone and attempt to rally them in the direction of the real problem.

I can just see it now -
Have you any ideas on whom you would like to play you in the inevitable Hollywood blockbuster based on your heroism ?

People are easily persuaded. The rioters weren't out for change, but
they could have easily been persuaded to seek it. They needed only to be reassured of the they possessed and needed a target to go against that could change everything.

I still believe it would have only taken a bit of clear leadership and vocal initiative to turn the riots into a movement, quell much of the violence, and direct the rage and anger towards a more productive source. The people were already there and ready. Upon knowing the meaning behind it, more would have joined.All it takes is for someone to be the first to give the little nudge in the right direction.

These people are just people and given the right motivation and direction, given morale to achieve something greater - just like any other human being when provoked - can and will do it

The question of leadership, I believe, is the most important question.

I believe that a mob can be controlled, or at the very least, urged in a particular direction. However, you would have to be one of the mob in order to do so. There is no other way around it.

With hope, I will have the chance to test my theory one day

That is one dangerous day dream you`ve got going for yourself.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

To quote a phrase which unfortunately I can't remember where it came from, "some people can't be helped...they just want to see the world burn"

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't agree (except for the complaining bit, get off your arse and do something positive about the problem is my idea, but the couch is dam comfy!)
In the past revolution and riots etc where a way to force change, look at Russia and France for example, the pitty was it didn't really worked tho did, all the masses ended up with was new master's in the end.
True change cannot be forced it must come from within as a conscious decision. To quote another "a person is smart, people are dumb panicky stupid animals" That is what a mob turns a person into. Not a force for good but a mindless monster that will crush anything in it's path.
You want change? I know it's a worn out phrase but 'Be the change you want to see in the world' still is one of the best ideas we've come up with yet. I have no love for governments much nor alot of respect for mindless authority but until we can co-operate as a race we don't have alot of choices.
We are where we are because of the choices we've made, not because of anything else.
understand that and you are on the first steps to becoming what you desire.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I am tired of people like you inciting violence.

It's all a game when you are not on the receiving end isn't it?

Too many people on here are too quick to encourage people in other countries to 'get stuck in' in whatever social unrest is occuring in their respective countries. A few weeks later they have forgotten about the incident and are discussing something else, whilst the victims of the unrest are now parentless, childless, injured or dead and remain so!

In addition; I believe that anyone who incites violence on this site should be banned and reported to the authorities.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I suppose it's one way or the other at this point.
On one end, people are doing nothing. On the other end, people are being destructive.

Do we really only have two speeds, folks?

I started a thread trying to get people to offer ideas besides bloody violence, but nobody contributed any suggestions. Just because I called Americans "slaves" and "complacent", all anyone could do was offer me ridicule.

The riots haven't started here yet because the majority are trying to get their fill of McDonald's before it gets burned down. The rest are busy vegging in front of the tube.

OP, you're right about the kids and teens starting the revolution, but this is what scares me to the core. I used to teach high school. The majority have no respect for authority let alone each other. They will get into packs and act as though they're rabid animals. There won't be any reasoning with them. Those who have been on meds will be off of them and will be experiencing the side effects, which will cause them to lash out even more because they will have trouble adjusting to their different brainwaves. While the adults are aware of the reasons for their anger, the youth have no reasons. The few will be angry for what their parents' struggles, but the majority don't even have any respect for their parents. Think about this, folks.

We have brains and we need to use them. We need to come up with better, non-violent ways of demonstrating to our government that we aren't going to take their crap anymore. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not proud to be an American. Part of my ancestors are from Greece and I have more respect for what those people are doing right now than the country I was born in. How sad.

What if on Monday morning everyone goes to work and asks to redo their W-4 so that it reflects that you're tax exempt? How do you think the government would react if the IRS got flooded with tax exempt changes next week? They'd be floored.

Americans used to be better than we are now. Our ancestors were resourceful and inventive. They'd be ashamed of us now. I'd bet my last dollar on this.

Folks, we cannot allow blood to flow in the streets!
Don't you see? This is what The Powers That Be want!
Once the citizens are dead and dying and the buildings are burning to the ground, the phoenix can rise from the ashes!

Proof: The bird that is on the Homeland Security Insignia is not an eagle. It's a phoenix. The tiny point of feathers sticking up from the bird's head is the distinction between an eagle and a phoenix. An eagle will not have any feathers sticking up. Educate and become creative. Don't be afraid to refuse to pay taxes. This is how we can kick them where it hurts! Trust me. The IRS wants $1680 in back taxes from me. I'm not in jail yet. We must band together in peaceful resistence to take back the power!
edit on 11-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join