It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Riots Shouldn't Be Stopped - They should continue on a larger scale.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
As my topic title states, the riots should continue, and they should grow larger, and those of you who actually want something changed in this world, instead of accepting the status quo and going about your 9-5 while complaining in the evenings on the web, perhaps you should all join in as well.

It is funny, the people on ATS as the conspiracy "leaders" of the world. They are all clamoring for change but they aren't willing to accept that great change often comes with the fires of negativity that anarchy provides. Yes, between ever great change in a society there is a period of anarchy, and even though we still have the same systems in place, in a worldwide perspective there is a change coming, and anarchy is nearly here.

As seen by the looting and riots in the UK, even the most "civilized" of the world's countries have the ability to break down law and order. People being worked up by others stealing possessions is doing nothing more than enforcing the paradigm that modern society has bestowed on each and every one of us - that materialism is good and it is our possessions that measure us, not our character.

If the people in the UK who were "victims" of rioters and looters had any sense whatsoever, and actually looked past their doorstep to the rest of the world and stepped outside of their glass house, they would have left their homes and joined in themselves. The mobs would have grown larger and larger and guess what? Soon enough it would have been so large that the group could have walked down the street to Parliament, despite the police and the military, walked through and demanded change. Demanded freedoms that people deserve. Demand out from under the enslavement of CCTV. Demand the change to a truly free society that every person deserves.

But it didn't happen. Why didn't it happen? Because despite all the pissing, moaning, and complaining that people do about how screwed this world is, they aren't prepared to scratch the surface of their skin to actually do anything about it. It seems the only people that ARE willing to do anything about it are the neglected youth, the coming generations that realize that the only mistakes we did was being born behind some of the worst generations of people in this world's history. People would much rather feel safe in their homes and call upon big brother when they need to, so long as they still have the freedom to complain endlessly and get nothing done.

It sickens me. Most people here on ATS sicken me.

Do you think our ancestors sat on their asses all day and COMPLAINED about how bad things were and eventually it just changed? Did they tuck their tails and run and try to save face every time something looked like it could be bad? Did the countless historical figures that lead to change give up in the face of danger to themselves?

These riots are a good thing, and so is the looting. If anything, once everyone has their entire stock of material items stolen from them, they will break free from the distraction and actually act for once.

"But Gwyd, I DO act, I go out and vote each and every year."

Congratulations to that crowd. I'm sure the guys you vote for always represent you and your ideals, as well as the rest of the people in whatever sector you belong.

"But Gwyd, I spread the word of truth on ATS and into the world."

Congratulations. But when the pan gets hot are you going to be like the rest and jump off and ask for the help and protection of the entity you despise, or are you going to stick it out and pull them onto the frying pan with you.

It sickens me.

So many people want change and absolutely DESPISE what our world is, yet they are unwilling to do anything for it. They are unwilling to step outside of their boundaries, THE SAME BOUNDARIES that were created by the leadership that most so willing deplore!

When are people going to realize that if you want to make your own game, you have to make your own rules - not follow the same old rules of the last game. If you continue to play by the rules that you are "allowed" to play by - THEN NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE.

So yes, if you want change in the world, I'm sorry, but you are going to have to break a law. You are going to have to be violent. You are going to have to be active. And most of all, you are going to have to step out of the shell of the past.

If you are unable to do any of those things, they you are useless to the coming new age. You are stuck in the past. You still want to live under the system that you claim to despise. You may be in denial and don't want to admit it, but that is the truth - that is the way things are.

I have been quiet on ATS, silently lurking and watching the world scene. Two years ago I was quite active and even before Gerald Celente started announcing his trends to much applause, I was stating that riots and revolution was coming to this world. This is now more true than ever. The UK has failed a prime opportunity to take advantage of something appearing to be adverse simply because they still play by the same old rules of the game. When the riots comes to the United States- when a full on outburst finally comes that breaks the calm cover of the American populace - I guarantee that I will be a part of it, and I guarantee that it will not stop after a few days because of principle. I will REFUSE to let it stop.

Because these "events" taking place around the world aren't just mundane little shouts of negativity, they are death knells of the failing regimes of the past. They are last ditch efforts to push last minute agendas, because they know that the people are easy to control. They can start these little riots to push their agendas and people can claim that "you are just giving them what they want", but what they "want" is something short, sweet and to the point. If you give them something they did not expect, a long drawn out struggle that demands a change in the color guards - they will have no choice but to either show their true tyrannical powers to the rest of the world, or cave in.

The Second American Revolution is coming. Remember, you heard it from me first.

***Edit to Add*** Clarification on my stance***

I just want to add a quote from a later post of mine just to clarify my stance on the riots since people seem to be getting the wrong idea.

The riots themselves are sad, sure. Innocent people are targeted simply because they are their, because the people involved have no direction, no motivation. These people are nothing more than angry mercenaries, taking their anger out on anything they can. They feel that they can get something better out of society if they just take it. They don't realize that it isn't the material possessions they need to take. It is the power back to the hands of the people.

They have reasons to be angry. I'm sure at least 90% of these people had a reason to do what they did. But as always, they are misguided and ignored. People need to take charge of these situations and direct them to where it will actually help society rather than hinder it, or become a pointless action in the near future.

edit on 11-8-2011 by gwydionblack because: Clarification of my stance

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
They shouldn't have stopped the riots a few years ago here either. They burned down all the empty houses and plenty of their own. Now it's just vacant lots. Less people and less crime

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
yaay lets destroy everything we worked so hard to build!!

then once were done rebuilding it after all these riots we will have new politicians to dictate our lives

they will stay in office untill power starts to corrupt them

i know then we start more riots to throw them out

and continue the pointless cycle over and over again ...

if you want to change the world we must first change our selfs ..

These riots in the UK are hurting the cause not helping it .

I do not support anarchy for short financial gain.

If you want to prove a point go attack parliment where the politicians are

leave the innocent alone!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
WHOO HOO YAA YAA I think all the peoples of the planet should rise up and crush all their suppressors simultaneously so we can go back to playing bingo unprovoked

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

After all the fine speech making, all the rhetoric of revolution, it all comes down to you doesn't it? My hero.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

edit on 11-8-2011 by gwydionblack because: (no reason given)

no we didn't.. LOL

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Seems like rioting and destroying everything is a really lazy way of communicating your opinions. also seems like your the one complaining and not doing anything about it. Go get and education and bring facts to the table instead of speculations and hate. you cant be cooler than school, you have to be smarter than school.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well OPs

I will believe you are being serious the moment you join in also...burn your house down, and find some girl to beat up...yay for random riots changing things...and indeed they will change things.

What is this riot about?

It started with protest over a shooting, then quickly became a opportunistic drive at getting stuff and breaking things for the sake of getting stuff and breaking things.

Not every punch given on earth is for some noble cause, sometimes people in packs (especially youth) are doing it for the lulz. This isn't the arab spring where they are crying out against a dictator, its not them trying to topple their elected officals to install some dictator or some such as in cuba, this is, for the most part, unfocused "fun" anarchy...

The final result will be a much stronger presence of cops and guards around London, perhaps some quick censorship ability (already passed), and a lot of people with criminal records for looting, assult, and vandalism.

I have no problem with a unified movement by the people...this is not that.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here is a look at some of your revolutionaries.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Sounds awesome. They could kick off with your house and car. Then just ravage your neighbors property.
Yay for stupidity!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

This is the same mentality that most people have. I especially love the all too common belief:

"If we oust this government then new politicians will take over and the cycle will repeat itself."

That is why people need to not be idiots about it. First of all, there shouldn't be :"politicians" leading the governments, their should be "people". Common, everyday, people. Farmers, business owners, mothers, fathers, ect ect ect. It is sad to think that we have accepted a paradigm where we think these "politicians" are more qualified to lead than anybody else. Why? Because they are wealthier? Because they are bigger celebrities? Ridiculous.

There needs to be reform and a constant threat to governments saying that if we vote you in based on your principles, and you choose to not follow those principals - we WILL THROW YOU OUT like the last one. Do that a few more times and they will recognize they the people are serious.

And as expected, the attacks on my character that disregard my post entirely shall begin. ATS has not changed much and people are showing their fine colors.

Originally posted by tyson45
Seems like rioting and destroying everything is a really lazy way of communicating your opinions. also seems like your the one complaining and not doing anything about it. Go get and education and bring facts to the table instead of speculations and hate. you cant be cooler than school, you have to be smarter than school.

This is exhilarating to read. First of all, "destroying everything" isn't on the menu. But yes, sadly, you have to destroy the past if you want to make room for the future.

As far as me "not doing anything about it". Mmmhmm. I don't spend my every waking hour on ATS watching the news, speculating on what doomsday is going to come next, and being the first to post some useless news story in order to get stars and flags. I actually have a life outside of the internet and if you want to talk about speculation - what about the speculating you are doing - assuming that I don't do anything and assuming that I don't have an education? Please sir.

Have a good day.

reply to post by SaturnFX

You speak truth. I didn't really mention the reasoning behind the riots in the UK because I myself believe they are silly and futile. I believe that there are many more reasonable things to riot over and this most recent event was not exactly called for. However, I do believe that it could have been directed in the right direction. The governments certainly have no problem making the best use of a disaster, and I suggest the people do the same. The riots were a disaster, but all it would have taken is a few figure heads and voices in a crowd of the followers to point them in a direction that could have changed the world in a single day.

But now they will be remembers as pillagers and criminals, quite simply because people who "want change" either don't want it bad enough, or aren't too smart to think of taking advantage of the situation.

reply to post by Digital_Reality

Go for it. Unlike most of the world, I have no connection to my material things. Everything that matters to me is in human form or is on my persons at all time.

It would do the world some good to take away some of their hoarded possessions. Maybe not all of them, but some of them, sure.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

This is the result of anarchy without leadership.

You apparently miss my point.

The riots themselves are sad, sure. Innocent people are targeted simply because they are their, because the people involved have no direction, no motivation. These people are nothing more than angry mercenaries, taking their anger out on anything they can. They feel that they can get something better out of society if they just take it. They don't realize that it isn't the material possessions they need to take. It is the power back to the hands of the people.

They have reasons to be angry. I'm sure at least 90% of these people had a reason to do what they did. But as always, they are misguided and ignored. People need to take charge of these situations and direct them to where it will actually help society rather than hinder it, or become a pointless action in the near future.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

You have a life outside of ats yet you just wrote about 5 paragraphs defending your OPINIONS to complete strangers. ya sure sounds like you have a life bud. Gotta get back to SCHOOL. I hope you have great day craving all the attention that apparently you need.

link   

Er. . . um. . . well. . . . how should I put this?
(oh, yes. . . )

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR ##SNIP## MIND???

I suppose the riots would be all good and well, until your home/stuff is torched or taken!

Then I don't see you supporting them too much. No, not much at all.

edit on Fri Aug 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

link   
An armchair revolutionary on ATS ? Whatever next ?!

If you weren't a coward, and genuinely believed in change, then you wouldn't be furiously tapping away at your keyboard, waiting for others to make that ''change'' for you.

Even gutless armchair revolutionaries with good intentions wouldn't be latching on to degenerate thuggery, and to take a vicarious thrill from the actions of mindless looters, vandals and arsonists suggests someone who wallows in victimhood, and blames anyone but themselves for their own personal shortcomings.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The only true Revolution is conducted by hundreds of thousands of people lead by true Revolutionists who go about their business in non-violent manner, who go on strike and demonstrate for days on end. This is the only way to get a response for positive change.

Rioters are just thugs destroying property and looting from the very people who DO pay taxes. Without those taxes, infrastructure crumbles, welfare becomes nil and void. Those rioters are destroying the very hands that feed them. Perhaps those rioters like to take up their complaints with the big bankers and mega corporations and leave the little people alone. These rioters will only bring about negative change that will impact ALL of us.
edit on 11-8-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It seems like someone on ATS wants a new plasma tv.

There is no common cause or issue raised by those looters and rioters beyond weak excuses. Where were the peaceful protests by those people before they decided to riot?

Usually you have an organisation or group pushing an agenda of some sort. Here there was none. Only criminal gangs coordinating mass havoc in order to steal and make themselves money. The clever ones stood back and let their minions do their dirty work.

If you hate this system so much, what have you done to correct it beyond inciting more criminal behaviour against ordinary people?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Whoever wants a plasma TV should expect a massive increase in their electrical bills. No thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Its not about changing the world, its about getting a free TV and trainers, nothing more.

Their self centred greed is no different than the bankers and politicians of this world.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Its not about changing the world, its about getting a free TV and trainers, nothing more.

Their self centred greed is no different than the bankers and politicians of this world.

RIGHT and the problem is?????

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join