It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athiest society? why not loot! (designed this way)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Then that is the person you are, and a deity holding you back from your true nature is false.
If you want to proclaim your the most interesting and intelligent person on earth, do so...and as I said, experience will surely be the best teacher.
There will always be someone faster, smarter, stronger than you and the second you climb up on a pedistal, prepare for a fairly quick knockdown...
With humility comes wisdom.

For now, pretending to be something your not will only subconsciously reinforce your supressed self importance...I say do the opposite...scream at others, point out and laugh at their failures, and watch how things change (aka, watch how someone a bit faster than you knocks you on your proverbial arse just to prove a point)

Can you admit to your failures as easily?

Would be easier to list the things I am great at verses the things I fail at frankly.

But anyhow, in regards to morality...well, my morality is different than a christians (obviously). I have no issue with how people live their lives. A gay person to me is just a person whom likes something I don't. Seeing them as somehow immoral would be equal to me seeing someone whom puts anchovi's on their pizza as immoral (they are btw...yuck!)

Other things like say, Abortion comes down to a philosophical and scientific quagmire..when does life start..I go with biology and the more "what is life" type discussion, etc...(experience..and experience comes with a brain recieving information..aka, central nervous system "turning on")

But anyhow, ya, be yourself, experience in life will sort you out as to what works well with you, and what doesn't work well. You think if there is a god, he will accept you for being something you didn't want to be only to appease him? If its not in your core, then its not you, and you can't fake it in front of a deity...he sort of see's through such things.

First, adimitting to your failures keeps you from masking what you are, even as you attempt to change your failures--that's the whole point of admitting to your faults. The reasoning you are useing requires no self-improvement of personal behaviors to ever work --which is demonstratably false in the physical world. If you need proof, go look at someone who has lost over 100 pounds who has never done lap-band surgery and it's ilk (not like lapband doesn't bring life-altering changes, but that's like evoking God, and not working for yourself
). To lose that type of weight you have to change your behaviors---pretty much all of your daily ones. To become a more naturally moral person, you have to change all of your daily behaviors, and it's not easy. Some of this change comes with experience, some with the perspective of age hitting you all of a sudden. But that does not mean that it is impossible to do. The Obese can stay true to their nature and continue to gain weight or they can change their nature and lose it. And for some who sucessfully lose it, maintaining their health is the same hard difficult struggle that it was when they first started the change.

Can people change? Yes. Is the God of the Bible asking for change? Yes. Is He asking you to lie about it when you fail time and time again? No. What's developed in the present Christian system sucks, and is not working. It's not even staying true to their source material.

Besides the whole concept of salvation hinges on the realization that there is nothing an imperfect creature can do to make himself worth (the equal of) the perfect. Nothing I do will ever make me good enough. (This is where a lot of almost out-the-door Christians add, "So why bother?") But there is some freedom in this thought process: You were never expected to succeed completely, and someone is there for you, like training wheels, so you're not on yourown for these changes. Even when facing people like you.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Still somewhere on page 3. Got a life to live.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxsomexpersonxx
Athiests or Agnostics(Unaffiliated) = 16.1%
Athiests or Agnostics(Unaffiliated) = 15.8%
Athiests = 23%
Deists = 53%
Athiests or Agnostics(Nonreligious) = 52%
Oh, and Christians = 11%
~
There's practically a direct correlation between atheism and healthy societies.

Instead, you're blaming a small minority in London, for something being done by everyone, including the majority(Christians).

Now you're smears on atheism being to blame transcribe onto the truth that London is still mostly christian.

~

Great, wonderful. I'm supposed to memorize a bunch of statistics and spout those off to the next mugger or looter I encounter. Atheists have obviously levitated straight off the planet and are dictating so-called truths from an orbital space where no life exists.

David Grouchy
edit on 12-8-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassini

The only person round here not answering any questions is you. One answer given by someone just seems to beget a further inflammatory response by you.

Challenge yourself and actually try and answer some of these people

This is the response, in the whole thread, that I have the most respect for.
Yes!

Of the original thesis put forth in the opening post,
how many people have answered it.
Or have the parameters of the discussion been ruthlessly hijacked
to the typical same old Atheist comfort zone and talking points,
so that only now, is it ok to levy the charge of "answer the question"

Do you even know what a Thesis is?

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

If you are intentionally working on your morality continually, what in the world motivates you? How do you prevent your supeiority complex from overwhelming your need to be the best that you can be?

CynicalDrivel,
That's a long post, with a lot of serious thought in there.

I am saying, and not being heard by the Atheists,
that Atheism is advanced stuff, and useful,
but it is failing the lowest class of society.
And failing them so hard that the
working class is being burned alive for it.

The philosophers and Academic leadership of Atheism
will either address this issue and solve it or they will not.

Trying to reframe the debate does nothing.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by Solasis

I'm a little thrown off by your incomprehensible and baseless bashing of my beliefs coupled with an apparent ignorance of your own beliefs. I had nothing else to say to you that hadn't been said except for wide and angry insults, most of them about your ignorance and illegibility, so I left them out.

Yes yes, we have established that already.

Frightened and angry the Atheists are using the old attack and defame method,
because the terrifying realization that they have ZERO answers to offer
makes the ancient tradition of killing-the-messenger seem right.

Where is your Dawkins when the looting happens.
Apparently he is squarely in the blame game.

David Grouchy

No, you're the one attacking and defaming! How the hell -- what the hell is freaking wrong with you?! You are attacking and defaming atheists as looters and criminals, with NOTHING to back you up besides the assertion that this must be because of the lack of God!

.[color=gold] You're rude, ignorant, and just plain awful, Grouchy.

Yes yes, we have established that already.

Frightened and angry the Atheists are using the old attack and defame method,
because the terrifying realization that they have ZERO answers to offer
makes the ancient tradition of killing-the-messenger seem right.

Where is your Dawkins when the looting happens.
Apparently he is squarely in the blame game.

As you have just proved, two times in a row.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here in the Lootings we have proof positive of The Selfish Gene.

What does Professor Dawkins have to say about it.

Attacking me does nothing.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Great, wonderful. I'm supposed to memorize a bunch of statistics and spout those off to the next mugger or looter I encounter. Atheists have obviously levitated straight off the planet and are dictating so-called truths from an orbital space where no life exists.

David Grouchy

Did that really go that far over your head?

London has very few atheists, yet you're claiming it's an "Atheist Society". If anything it's a Christian Society.

The next mugger or looter you encounter is probably a christian.

You're the one claiming 'truths' that are in contradiction with statistics, and now you have the true statistics pointed out to you and you ignore. Along with making false stereotypes and assumptions.

~
I think you're trolling at this point. Either that, or you really lack any critical thinking facilities.

I don't mean to be rude, but you're really ridiculous.

~
You don't seem to care about being rude though. Being rude is immoral. If being Immoral only comes from atheists, by your definition, do you consider yourself an atheist?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

What philosophers and Academic leaders?

What issue?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

What philosophers and Academic leaders?

What issue?

And finally we have a confession of the truth.
The attacks against my posts are not based on the subject in the Opening Post.
They are based on the fear that the sacred cow of an Atheist guided Secular State
is under attack by a (what is the word you used?) rude Catholic.

The looters are not being taugh ethics,
why is secular materialism failing on this level.
Does Atheism do anything besides sell permissiveness?

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

No, you're an atheist, remember? No true christian would be deceitful and rude.

And, I didn't confess anything, simply asked you to elaborate on you're delusion.

(I'll be gone a few hours, so don't expect any more quick replies here).

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

simply asked you to elaborate on you're delusion.

Does this strike anyone as what Lawyers call a "leading question?"

If we're going to be asking questions like that I suppose I should reply by
asking "do you still beat your wife." But that is just helping
the thread to be further and further dragged from the opening thesis, isn't it.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Here is part 2 of the Dawkins Riot.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

simply asked you to elaborate on you're delusion.

Does this strike anyone as what Lawyers call a "leading question?"

David Grouchy

Let me put this in a way you can understand.

You are the one not addressing the opening thesis. You are not defending any of your claims. You are only being a complete and utter jerk.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassini

The only person round here not answering any questions is you. One answer given by someone just seems to beget a further inflammatory response by you.

Challenge yourself and actually try and answer some of these people

This is the response, in the whole thread, that I have the most respect for.
Yes!

Of the original thesis put forth in the opening post,
how many people have answered it.
Or have the parameters of the discussion been ruthlessly hijacked
to the typical same old Atheist comfort zone and talking points,
so that only now, is it ok to levy the charge of "answer the question"

Do you even know what a Thesis is?

David Grouchy

And there it is in all its flaming glory. The debate, if it could even be truly called that, is off course because of you and the inflammatory and nonsensical replies you seem intent on giving. I think there is more than one person telling you this and until you start answering we might as well be peeing in the wind for all this is worth

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Here in the Lootings we have proof positive of The Selfish Gene.

The only things you've given proof of with this statement are the following: you've never read The Selfish Gene and you don't even understand the basic concept of "the selfish gene". To draw an analogy, based on your attempt at using the phrase "the selfish gene" in this context, your version of teaching someone to act morally would consist of just shouting the phrase "The Ten Commandments" over and over at them without ever explaining what they were.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
All of the proceeds from sales of Richard Dawkins "The Selfish Gene"
should be appropriated BY the state, and spent on the reeducation
of every single person convicted of looting over those past 4 days.

Further, Dawkins himself should be required to teach one of the classes
as a punative form of community service.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

David Grouchy

If I said I used to beat my wife, that would be a logical follow up answer.

When you claim there are ring leaders of atheism, asking who they are is a logical follow up question.
When you claim atheism causes issues in the world, asking what they are is a logical follow up question.

~
The video you shared, was uploaded by you. No one else calls it the Dawkins Riot. Because most rioters never heard of Dawkins, because most are actually christians, because Dawkins wouldn't condone the riots, because the riots are caused by real problems unrelated to him.

You are alone in your claims, with no evidence to back them up.

~
Can you even tell me what 'The Selfish Gene" is about? I'm sure you have no idea.

~
"(Paraphrase) The point of morality should be to prevent suffering. Through science and understanding, we have and can continue to understand what causes suffering, and can change our actions to minimize it." - Richard Dawkins

If people actually followed Dawkins like a prophet, the world would be so much a better place. That statement alone is more powerful and logical than anything the bible ever said on morality.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

"(Paraphrase) The point of morality should be to prevent suffering. Through science and understanding, we have and can continue to understand what causes suffering, and can change our actions to minimize it." - Richard Dawkins

Hence the reason I nominated him for this task.
The materialistic secular corporate run state wont let churches do it.
Are you sure that disagreeing with this idea is really going to serve Athiesm in the long run?

David Grouchy

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join