It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Iran ready to send peacekeepers to UK'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Well then that's where we disagree. In a single incident but of course. But in a mob, no. Mobs die. Be it their genes, culture, or environment. Something has gone ill to produce them, and it must be destroyed.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

It's only for rioters. For mobs. For those whom have sacrificed their humanity for barbarism.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I'm absolutely certain we disagree on most things in life; see, you are telling me that theft needs to be punished with murder. That's one of those "core values" sort of things, you know? You're telling me that in your ethical paradigm, objects rank higher than human life. That's honestly a very big hurdle for me to leap. I think maybe it'd be easier if you were to discard the philosophy of "theft makes murder okay!" and come a little more in my direction.

Now. What causes a mob like this, and how can it be addressed? See, now, that's a pretty good question. Ever noticed that you don't very often see wealthy people rioting? I mean they loot like crazy, sure, but they're not often burning things down and tipping police cars. So perhaps poverty could be a root cause of the problem?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

I'm absolutely certain we disagree on most things in life; see, you are telling me that theft needs to be punished with murder. That's one of those "core values" sort of things, you know? You're telling me that in your ethical paradigm, objects rank higher than human life. That's honestly a very big hurdle for me to leap. I think maybe it'd be easier if you were to discard the philosophy of "theft makes murder okay!" and come a little more in my direction.

Now. What causes a mob like this, and how can it be addressed? See, now, that's a pretty good question. Ever noticed that you don't very often see wealthy people rioting? I mean they loot like crazy, sure, but they're not often burning things down and tipping police cars. So perhaps poverty could be a root cause of the problem?

I agree.
I thought Iran's policy of cutting the hands off thieves was barbaric, until I read Gorman91's post about murdering them... Tyranny much?

IT--

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

...You're telling me that in your ethical paradigm, objects rank higher than human life. That's honestly a very big hurdle for me to leap...

...Ever noticed that you don't very often see wealthy people rioting? I mean they loot like crazy, sure, but they're not often burning things down and tipping police cars. So perhaps poverty could be a root cause of the problem?

This is where one of the disconnects happen. This is not a question of "objects", "poverty" etc. Even the looters themselves say that - in various interviews they pretty much state "we want to prove we can do what we want and they can't stop us". I don't doubt that if you were given that level of empowerment and freedom that you would use it for good purposes. They, however, use it to steal and destroy because, in their own words, it's fun.

This is the disconnect - they are not you, you are not them. Do not expect them to think like you or make the same choices as you. I have dealt with some of these people on a professional basis and some of them (not all, not even a majority as many are "borderline" just swept up in the crowd, but certainly a vocal and dominating minority) are absolute feral scum.

It's true they may not be educated, or employed. However, they receive unparalleled access to education and assistance. If they are not educated it is because they have choosen that life. There are thousands of non-graduate unfilled vacancies across the capital alone. If they are not employed it is because they have chosen to make themselves unemployable.

They are certainly not poor. They probably have a higher disposable income than the majority of their neighbours who do have a job. They have a full set of rights but absolutely no responsibility to go with it.

Also remember that the group you are identifying is not necessarily the group that is looting. Most looters so far appear to be employed, some of them are even quite comfortable and high-profile.

Despite the newspapers and sensationalist reporting, the vast majority of "poor" people act with decency, integrity and determination to do something good with their life, family and community. That's why, in a city containing more than 10% of the entire country's population, it was only a comparatively tiny handful of people on the streets.

I fully support looters being shot on sight. This is nothing to do with poverty and everything to do with feral animal behaviour.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

hopefully they dont use the cover of "peacekeeper" to invade england..
reply to post by Gwampo

I wish them the very, very best of luck with that. They should maybe research what happened the last few times someone tried that. The Blitz Spirit is alive and well!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

not theft. Mob theft. Mobs do not have intelligence. They are a social cancer to be cut out and killed. It's that simple.

Now what causes these things is probably class and culture in a nation like England. Furthermore, that doesn't give them justice to steel from others. In addition, there have been observed wealthy and middle class people looting as well. Again, it's culture to make a person feel like they have the right to merge with the mob and go destroy a good neighborhood. It's class that makes them think collectively that they somehow have been oppressed.

Either way, it's a mob. An unintelligent dangerous collection of decay whose only desire is personal gain.

I'll also shock you by saying I don't believe in morals and the lot, because morals are not a constant. They are invented by man and are different per community. Therefore it's not a valid system for anything other than personal life drive. It's not for managing things like this.

The only right way to deal with a looting mob is lots of bullets.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

Is it tyranny to save innocent people from an unruly mob? If it is then ok, it's tyranny. Not all tyranny is evil nor bad. Tyranny is defined as absolute power. Constitution in America is described as having absolute legal power and a living document for time. By definition it is a tyrant. But is it bad? nope. When Lincoln was president, he suspended most civil rights and liberties. Yet he freed slaves and exterminated bigots. Was he a bad tyrant?

Just because on tyrant hast a square mustache and kills innocent Jews doesn't make them all the same.

And when it comes to a rioting mob, an unruly unintelligent inhumane force for decay, the only solution is the quickest method for removal. Bullets.

Theft is not the same. Theft for a starving man with no job is not the same as theft by an unruly mob just doing it because they can.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hmmm every riot we have, we never had a foreign peacekeeping force.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join