It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Iran ready to send peacekeepers to UK'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
iranian peackeepers

i cant stop laughing i swear

pretty sure the uk can keep its own house in order and take care of their own business.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

I'm with you, actually, and think it's hilarious when the chickens come home to roost.

The rest of the world knows what our (EU and US) "Peacekeepers" are good for as well, but normally -- we are just too dumb to understand their reaction. Now that the shoe is on the other foot? Unintentional political satire at its finest!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
In my opinion it's a very tongue in cheek comment and whatever the motive behind it it's given me a much needed really, really good laugh

Remember all you Brits on here, two of the better British talents are to be able to Laugh in the face of adversity and also the ability to laugh at ourselves

Thanks Iran, I'd give you a star if I could

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Yeah i feel it's kind of the equivalent of Obama asking if he should send in some drones to take care of the mess.

They're openly making fun, and i know the real British (the ones not rioting) would welcome this satire.

Too bad it won't be shown on western media

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Iranian peace keepers is like a oxymoron in its self, like wouldn't that cause more problems than anything?

Like we would need to tell people just to stop, keep the peace, think about what they are doing, how it will affect you, your neighbor, your family, the local business etc etc.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You can say what you like about the Iranians, but they sure do have one hell of a sense of humour!

Love it!

st.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

they did send peacekeepers to Syria that's why the king still has his spot...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
I know this will irritate a lot of people, but keep your rage contained please. This in my opinion is just tit for tat, UK was busy shoving its nose in the internal affairs of other nations, now it has come back to haunt and humiliate it.

Countries like the UK seek to score international political points by highlighting, for example, the fact that the Iranian government will not allow UN personnel into their country to investigate HR abuses reported by HR organisations. Noted.

With that in mind, please explain why the UK Government should feel humiliated when Iranian politicians "retaliate" by claiming human rights abuses where there are none. Is the UK Government really haunted by Ahmadinejad's condemnation of "the killing of demonstrators" by British police, when not only have they not killed a single rioter but they have been roundly criticised for not being hard enough?

When you consider that Iranian opposition leaders are under house arrest, or what goes on in Evin Prison and other installations like it and the "crimes" that can get you put in there, does it really make Iranian politicians look clever when they refer to arrested rioters as "political detainees"?

You don't have to be any older than 5 to take the piss by mimicking someone in a funny voice; is that how Iran wants to be perceived on the international stage?

Originally posted by Romekje
How to wage a propaganda war 101.

How to lose a propaganda war 101.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

EXACTLY

They are intentionally dropping their pants. They're openly stating "Yeah, we might've killed a few here and there, but at least we had it fixed within days"

Sorry to say but by now some of these guys deserve to be shot on sight, and 2 days to get a WATERCANNON ready? REALLY?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

sheep alert

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Brigadier General Mohammad-Reza Naqdi must have been very, very drunk when he said this.

It is quite a jab, though. Touche.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
lol, take that imperalist pigs !!!!

got to hand it to them, they know their history

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

If you had rioting directed at Buckingham Palace for example, then a water cannon or CS gas would be very useful because you would be able to force people away from the area.

Using them in the circumstances that we saw this week would be a lot like chasing someone with a water pistol when you are just slightly too far away to get them wet.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

The UK riots have NOTHING to do with revolution

i think your wasting your time, it does not matter how many times people of the u.k. (general public) say it themselves everybody in other countries around the world keep insisting that beating the crap out of people robbing their homes, burning down peoples flats, and a few killings and assualts on innocent people, is a revoultion against the government.

i have seen numerous people explain what they are about, but apparently these hoodies are our hero's. maybe these other countries could let them all move to their countries.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It´s OK. I laugh at the factor western powers get included in any external issue as well.
What goes around, comes around.

Stay humble, love peace.

bless

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Iran has jokes? Interesting.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Absolutely awesome Iran....
I reckon we should let them come over and really put the frighteners on everyone lol

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

hey! that's the best idea yet!

why didn't the brits think of that themselves!

they should go to syria first.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
oh dear,
it seems there's no sense of humor left at all
as the sun sets on once mighty Gran Bretan, and Londra burns once again.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
i wonder if there take refugees aswell

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join